Do you want more Defense Grid?

Hey all, I wasn't really sure where to post this (haven't posted a new thread on the forums in quite some time, hehe) but I made a video for this Defense Grid competition that I wanted to share with everyone. Check it out if you get a moment and if you enjoyed it please like it. Likes are how the good people at Hidden Path are tallying who gets an extra chance at winning, so if you like the video, chances are I will like you very much as well. In a purely platonic way.

I figured it'd be a bit selfish of me to create a thread solely to show off my video (unless that's allowed of course, is it allowed? It's probably not allowed, right?) so I thought, why not make this into a discussion thread for Defense Grid 2.

I personally really enjoyed Defense Grid: The Awakening. I thought it was a really well made Tower Defense game with an awesome story to boot. It has decent voice acting, which was really unexpected, and its gameplay is immersive... or at least I found it to be so. What did you guys think? Have you played Defense Grid, and if so did you enjoy it? Are you looking forward to Defense Grid 2?

Oh and don't forget to like the video. A like for this video is a like for... erm.... well it'd just be super awesome of you really.
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

10+ Year Old Account
    I looooved Defense Grid, and I really loved the Portal DLC for it. At first, I thought it would just be some shameless name thrown in there that meant nothing, but it turned out to be really unique. It didn't just feel like DLC, it felt like an actual Portal Tower Defense game. Glados worked really well in this games' environment and it was just awesome. The story even made sense.

It was really good for the price I got it for. 4 bucks I think?

Yeah I got this in the Christmas sale with 75% off, it is easily the best traditional tower defense game I have ever played, I have put over 100 hours into it. I really enjoy the Grinder and Super Grinder game modes

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I looooved Defense Grid, and I really loved the Portal DLC for it. At first, I thought it would just be some shameless name thrown in there that meant nothing, but it turned out to be really unique. It didn't just feel like DLC, it felt like an actual Portal Tower Defense game. Glados worked really well in this games' environment and it was just awesome. The story even made sense.

It was really good for the price I got it for. 4 bucks I think?
    Yeah, I was a bit unsure about it when I first looked into it because I've seen so many crappy tower defense games around, but this one seemed to have a really solid base and it's fun to play... and on top of that it actually has a decent story. I would have played it and loved it even without the story, but with it... my mind was blown. I really felt for that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Yeah I got this in the Christmas sale with 75% off, it is easily the best traditional tower defense game I have ever played, I have put over 100 hours into it. I really enjoy the Grinder and Super Grinder game modes
    Hehe, same here. I love the Grinder levels, though I've mastered them to a point where it's not until quite late that I start getting into trouble. It's a long time to hold down the F key, but watching all that devastation makes it all worthwhile!
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!