Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

More fails by bioware

my group was set to do Nightmare Pilgrim last night another guild got to him first no problem we stood back said if they wiped we'd take the next thye didnt wipe they killed him and to our surprise we ended up with the debuff opened tickets and the response i got was complete crap

evidently we were standing too close to the boss yet someone who was on his ship got it aswell while he was grabbing extra inhibitors and that they cant remove the debuff just another sign of bad coding by bioware

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, Bioware did report that you and your raid were standing too close. To avoid it, stand farther back next time.

I will agree that sucks... and if what you say is 100% true, then I suggest heading to their technical forums and report the issue at hand. Maybe it is a bug that they do not know about and getting it fixed could possibly be a top priority.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    To be fair, Bioware did report that you and your raid were standing too close. To avoid it, stand farther back next time.

I will agree that sucks... and if what you say is 100% true, then I suggest heading to their technical forums and report the issue at hand. Maybe it is a bug that they do not know about and getting it fixed could possibly be a top priority.
    we were pretty far back and like i said someone not even on voss yet got it imo NIM Pilgrim is one of the worst designed aspects of this game oh lets put a mob that drops BiS for most in open world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    we were pretty far back and like i said someone not even on voss yet got it imo NIM Pilgrim is one of the worst designed aspects of this game oh lets put a mob that drops BiS for most in open world
    I don't quite understand how that is terribly designed. To each their own, I suppose. However, World Bosses existed in many games and sparked some fun times to those who participated. It brings a more lively experience to the game, which is especially nice considering this is an MMO.

For BiS gear you often have to go through the trials and tribulations to get it. A debuff on a world boss is actually good design as it limits guilds from grieving others whom are attempting.

Sure, you might have been too close and got the debuff, which sucks and the other member whom was part of the raid in the fleet got it as well but that was probably because he was in the raid itself.

That does suck. Once tagged by one raid, no other raid should receive the debuff, as noone else has shot at loot. Even if you were right on top of, or even participating, if you were not the group that had it tagged, you should not get the debuff.

The response you got was crap though. They could have said there is nothing we can to about this today but we will pass it on instead of just saying too bad so sad. That they cannot remove the debuff is not something I am surprised about though. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the ability to(not a coding thing) just that they are not allowed to.

Also, world bosses and/or events are great design. I love them. I makes the world feel more alive to see other people out doing stuff. It's not bad design, it's great, though obviously in this case poorly implemented.

They'll get it fixed. Till then just sit back and just enjoy SWTOR.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That response is crap. So instead of posting here and spinning your wheels, you should be all up in their shit until they get someone with enough administrative power to remove your debuff. They can review the logs and see that you didn't help, weren't eligible for loot, and shouldn't have received the debuff, but they don't want to because that's a lot of work. It might help to have everyone in your raid send the same petition. The customer service grunts aren't going to do shit, but the squeeky wheel eventually gets the grease.

Good luck.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Profyrion said (well not exactly), try to get help with the situation. Biowares customer support has been bad on my guilds end as well. Recently our healer logged on with her campaign weapon missing. She put in a ticket about it, and received a shell of the weapon...

I say just keep trying if you really want this problem resolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure BW does not have (inmediately) if your raid was or not helping the other raid to kill it, sooo...
    it's not bad design, or crap code, maybe "lack of care" answer but not crap either, just bad luck. also the one in the fleet was in your raid wasn't he?

they shoukld investigate it, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    I'm pretty sure BW does not have (inmediately) if your raid was or not helping the other raid to kill it, sooo...
    it's not bad design, or crap code, maybe "lack of care" answer but not crap either, just bad luck. also the one in the fleet was in your raid wasn't he?

they shoukld investigate it, at least.
    You cannot help another raid with Nightmare Pilgrim due to a mechanic that insta-gibs anyone outside of the current 16man raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That does suck. Once tagged by one raid, no other raid should receive the debuff, as noone else has shot at loot. Even if you were right on top of, or even participating, if you were not the group that had it tagged, you should not get the debuff.
    This would be an example of proper coding and forethought but we all know its trial and error with this game, unfortunately.

To the OP, that really does suck and as others have suggested Id continue to bark up a storm on the SWTOR forums.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You cannot help another raid with Nightmare Pilgrim due to a mechanic that insta-gibs anyone outside of the current 16man raid group.
    It's been my experience that low-level customer service rarely knows how specific encounters work well enough to make a judgment call on something like this. They are not very well trained. That's why you need to get this escalated to someone who can see that it's clearly a bug and it should be reversed. Then (hopefully) you'll be on the right track.

Don't stop at the first "no" response you get, throw your hands up, and run off to the forums to bitch about it.

(Using "you" in the general sense here.)
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    explain that to the "rarely plays" who works at customer service
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you know a few things:
    A) How far is still too close.
    B) A player in your raid, but not in the general area, can still get the debuff.

I have a graph of a time honored battle plan for the next time you attempt Nightmare Pilgrim.

15+ Year Old Account
    i sent another ticket tried calling cs but ended up having the call get hung up on before i even got to someone

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Now you know a few things:
    A) How far is still too close.
    B) A player in your raid, but not in the general area, can still get the debuff.

I have a graph of a time honored battle plan for the next time you attempt Nightmare Pilgrim.
    so are we supposed to sit on the fleet sending tells to the other guild asking if they did or didnt kill it gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had an audience of multiple guilds when killing Nightmare Pilgrim, all of which did not get the debuff. We were waiting for a guild to wipe and one of our healers was jumping in circles and ended up getting cleaved/coned by Pilgrim himself, yet he nor anyone else in our raid received the debuff.

I think this was either a fluke or did not happen. Its hard to tell without further evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said the solution is to stay on the fleet. Logically I would guess if you're that upset about not getting the loot you want so badly, then you'll sit on the fleet to get the loot you want so badly, if that's what it takes to get the loot you want. After all the loot is really, really good. Am I right?

All I'm saying, Roxinius, is that you (or someone in your raid) were standing too close to the boss fight. Now you'll know to wait beyond that point. I was also saying that if someone is somewhere else in the galaxy and in a raid that stands too close to the fight, then they will get the debuff as well. Now you know, and knowing is, as they say, half the battle.

I've been in hundreds of world boss fights in several different games. In my experience when something that seems not quite right happens like this, it was someone in the group that stood too close, buffed one player from the other raid, healed one player from the other raid, or tagged the boss at some point as a joke and didn't own up to the goof. Seen it many times.

Have fun and may the force be with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've had an audience of multiple guilds when killing Nightmare Pilgrim, all of which did not get the debuff. We were waiting for a guild to wipe and one of our healers was jumping in circles and ended up getting cleaved/coned by Pilgrim himself, yet he nor anyone else in our raid received the debuff.

I think this was either a fluke or did not happen. Its hard to tell without further evidence.
    ask anyone from Memories of xendor on POT5

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    I never said the solution is to stay on the fleet. Logically I would guess if you're that upset about not getting the loot you want so badly, then you'll sit on the fleet to get the loot you want so badly, if that's what it takes to get the loot you want. After all the loot is really, really good. Am I right?

All I'm saying, Roxinius, is that you (or someone in your raid) were standing too close to the boss fight. Now you'll know to wait beyond that point. I was also saying that if someone is somewhere else in the galaxy and in a raid that stands too close to the fight, then they will get the debuff as well. Now you know, and knowing is, as they say, half the battle.

I've been in hundreds of world boss fights in several different games. In my experience when something that seems not quite right happens like this, it was someone in the group that stood too close, buffed one player from the other raid, healed one player from the other raid, or tagged the boss at some point as a joke and didn't own up to the goof. Seen it many times.

Have fun and may the force be with you.
    obviously you have no clue about gearing the boots are the last piece i need to finish my tank set so yes im up set that due to a shitty mechanic im getting dicked out of boots because bioware fails

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    ask anyone from Memories of xendor on POT5

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 11:09 PM ----------

obviously you have no clue about gearing the boots are the last piece i need to finish my tank set so yes im up set that due to a shitty mechanic im getting dicked out of boots because bioware fails
    I am on that server, and MoX is the guild that was behind us- as well as the guild that was attempting Nightmare Pilgrim when our healer kept killing himself.

Either way, I am not doubting that it happened, nor am I agreeing that it did. This is the first time hearing about it and my guild (as well as others) have been doing the exact thing your guild was doing, but without getting the debuff. Maybe this is a new bug present in a recent patch. I still suggest you post this in the technical support forums to save a lot of other players the suffering.