Prot damage in MoP

I'm not quite sure if I got up to max.vengeance at the end, but the numbers are just sick. Tanking multiple mobs you might end up spamming revenge for 200k dps on 3 "main" targets. I have some more footage from such "testing", will upload that later.

Can Arms/Fury compare with such numbers? In situations, where don't have to waste all rage on defense (barrier/block).
    (And I'm not talking about cleave as a style, which doesn't benefit from 1handers like heroic strike.)

At the end its still Beta, but feels really weird.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2012-07-16 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    JEEZUS haha, nerf inc!

wtf did i just watch?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm full 463 gear on beta and capeable of 690k executes as prot.
    Its not overtuned if you compare numbers with actual dpsers in appropriate gear doing their rotation properly, were doing the dps a tank should be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Looking forward to setting some nice rank 1's in MoP^^

Love your video's btw mate, that and the sarth one really made me laugh ^^
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2012-07-15 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh i want to level a warrior so bad i settled for my already 85 prot pally :/

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I'm full 463 gear on beta and capeable of 690k executes as prot.
    Its not overtuned if you compare numbers with actual dpsers in appropriate gear doing their rotation properly, were doing the dps a tank should be doing.
    If i compare it with the numbers of my experience as arms: Crits for 200k are either rare, especially for aoe styles (dragon roar excluded).

the question is... is prot viable in pvp in mop?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdennis View Post
    in my opinion absolutely NOT:
    Shield barrier is way to important and you don't get vegeance AP, so it'll absorb almost nothing.
    At this moment vegeance delivers up to about 2/3 of your max.attackpower. Without you're just waiting for your CDs.
    And building up rage takes like forever.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdennis View Post
    Based on the simple change to Second Wind - they will be the only FC's you will want :]

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...l/Deviltheory/
    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato
    http://www.twitch.tv/seanmphoward / http://www.youtube.com/user/ASoulByondRepair/videos

/yawn

In actuality, prot warrior dmg is Low compared to other tanks, especially single target - when you remove execute out of the equation.
    It's hard enough to accumulate rage as prot in order to use defensive abilities as is & you're not going to have the spare rage to execute consistently (to maximise recklessness use) unless you intend on taking a beating in the process.

As for whether fury/arms can compete?
    Yes & Easily so, single target - not so much AoE, where tanks are evidently Intended to dominate anyway.
    It's no different than Cata in this regard; lots of Veng + lots of targets = lots of DMG.

PvP - Don't know & Don't Care.
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 2012-07-16 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Wow, playing a tank and wanting to see big numbers in pve.

As for pvp, prot pvp is dead and burried. Unless you consider flag carrying to be pvp.

Deleted
    OMFG what did i just see.

Guess I could level my warrior first XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    OMFG what did i just see.

Guess I could level my warrior first XD

Sees numbers from a beta version. Assumes they will hit the retail version and spends effort into developing a character based on shoddy information from an unfinished project, also ignoring the obvious hints that the developers have offered over and over about how they intend to balance that class' mechanics in the long run, and which contradict with the above shoddy information

Yep, just a regular day in the world of FOTM.
    Last edited by mmoc7df1f50e54; 2012-07-16 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    hahahah what the fuck. i'm lucky if i crit for 100k with full vengeance on my dk, lol.
    dis must be fun D:
    Well at least you keep a "decent" amount of selfheal, we stick to <50% of the cataclysm performance