Monitor interfering with 800MHz LTE signal

Hey, I have problem with my monitor and 800 MHz LTE signal. I live in place where I do have poor 2600Mhz signal but strong 800Mhz signal (download speeds are still better with 2600Mhz signal).
    Whenever I want faster upload speed or stronger signal I switch from 2600 to 800 MHz. After I lock my LTE modem to 800Mhz my monitor goes crazy and starts showing red horizontal lines going up and down.

So my question is what causes this and how can I fix this problem? I use DVI cable and my monitor doesn't support PC fully via HDMI.

Build a faraday cage around the monitor?

Joking aside, and not 100% sure that I know what I'm talking about...

It seems to be your LTE signal that's interfering with your monitor by that description.

Also, it seems to be your modems TX that is causing the problem. I assume your monitor is being hit with the waves from the tower constantly (at all Hz), so it's only when you put your modem into that mode you have problems.

So I'd start by just moving the modem further away from the computer and see if that helps. Then I'd call your provider and have them send a new modem. FCC rules limit interfearance. Tell them it's interfearing, and you think it's defective.

There's probabaly a limit on distance before it becomes an FCC thing, which is why I suggest moving the modem.

Also, now that I think of it, the "faraday cage" joke isn't that bad. (If you really wanted to jerry-rig it, you could get some of that cell phone blocking material and surround your monitor cable. I suppose that might work.), but...

Your monitor or cable might just have bad shielding. You can try replacing the cable if it's detachable. Replacing the monitor would of course be the absolute last resort.

And again. I might not know what the hell I'm talking about. Just trying to piece what little knowledge I might have gained from high-school physics and apply it to a solution.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-09-27 at 08:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Hey, I have problem with my monitor and 800 MHz LTE signal. I live in place where I do have poor 2600Mhz signal but strong 800Mhz signal (download speeds are still better with 2600Mhz signal).
    Whenever I want faster upload speed or stronger signal I switch from 2600 to 800 MHz. After I lock my LTE modem to 800Mhz my monitor goes crazy and starts showing red horizontal lines going up and down.

So my question is what causes this and how can I fix this problem? I use DVI cable and my monitor doesn't support PC fully via HDMI.
    Do you have the LG UltraFine 27-inch 5K display (model 27MD5K)?

If so you're not going to be able to really fix it yourself unless you makeshift a lead capsule around the back where the PCB and ICs are..
    The only way to "fix" this is move your router further... but LG also has promised to fix this for users but you have to visit a service centre where they will likely exchange it for a newer revision which has better shielding.

If it is the LG one... I suggest actually visiting a service centre and have LG deal with the issue.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Monitor I have is Samsung P2770HD but I fixed the problem thanks to your tips. All I had to do was to move my external antennas few meters away from monitor. Can't believe I didn't even think of that... thanks!