Poll: What is your opinion of the spiders?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was going to say no, until I saw that camel spider. I'd kill every spider in the world if there were no consequences, I truly would. However, those in my direct vicinity will suffice.

I'm not "afriad" as much as I have a strong distaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    I was going to say no, until I saw that camel spider. I'd kill every spider in the world if there were no consequences. I truly would.

I'm not "afriad" as much as I have a strong distaste.
    That's two camel spiders put together.

The second one however... fuck that. Fuck that face, fuck those colors, it is everything that is wrong with the world.

I hate spiders, I'm not really afraid of them, but they do creep me out.

Back when I was still living at home (16), my brothers thought it would be funny to throw their pet tarantula on me when I was sleeping. Nothing like waking up finding a damn big ass spider sitting right there on my boobs. I flipped out and ever since then, I try to go the other way when I see a spider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. They can all burn in a bottomless pit. I HATE SPIDERS. I literally paralyze in fear for a couple seconds if I see a large one unexpectedly close to me. Thank god I am back in the northern US >.<
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Yes. They can all burn in a bottomless pit. I HATE SPIDERS. I literally paralyze in fear for a couple seconds if I see a large one unexpectedly close to me. Thank god I am back in the northern US >.<
    i got family in west virginia, the wolf spiders there are about 3 times the size of those here. not that north i guess... but still, way up in the mountains.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you could say they bother me, but I neither fear nor welcome them. I have to buy a can of strong outdoor bug spray every so often and spray all the webs that accumulate in our back yard, always near our chairs annoyingly. Mainly to kill all the red backs (I'm not sure if they are the same species as Black widow but with a different name, they look very similar)

But those red backs love to make webs in our folded up deck chairs, then when we unfold them there's a red back sitting there. Fortunately red backs are the kind of spiders that are more afraid of humans than we are of them and run rather than attack us, and they're the only venomous spiders I've seen in my back yard so far.

one time I walked my dog at the park towards sunset, and I didn't realize how close I was to some bushes and trees. when i got back in my car to drive home and few minutes later a big spider crawled down from my sleeve on my arm and hand

good thing their was no traffic cause I floored it and parked in a parking lot like a madman haha

after 15 miniutes of looking for it, I couldn't find it. so I rushed home atleast 70 in a 45 zone. bombed my car. found it dead on a web in rear windshield the next day

I'm afraid of spiders, due to 2 events. One is the Banana Spider. There was on posted in between 2 palm trees when I was a kid. I knew it was there, yet I was running around, and BLAM. HEAD TO TOE in a web, with a giant spider on my face. I freaked the fuck out.

The second event, I was in the house and rounded a corner from the bedroom to the bath. BAM! A giant Wolf spider staring at me, eye level, waving its legs. That fucker was at least as big as a tea plate. It was molting too.... so it was very whiteish. Oh god, the horror!

This didn't scare me because I saw it ahead of time. Though, a giant black spider of some type, possibly a release into the wild. Or a BIG funnel web spider, not the Aussie one. I was shooting a bow into a haystack for practice about 3 years ago. I went to get my arrows, and stopped as I SAW from about 20 yards away a giant black shape move across the stack. Grabbed a stick and started looking. Didn't see anything at first, so I thought it might be a shadow I saw. So I started to pull the arrows, and a shape rolled out from the side and then it BOWED up on me. The sum of a bitch had to be 5 or 6 inches around. As big as my hand, and it BOWED up on me.

COME AT ME BRO. So I started poking at it with my stick. I could feel the POWER of that spider. It had real tug when it was striking the stick. Big ass pinkish mouth, legs in the air and shit. So after I realized this isn't a normal spider, and I wanted more practice. Took one of my arrows, and when it struck, and ran it through, right through the mouth. I mean shit, this spider was no joke and was the biggest fucker I have seen to date. This spider could take down mice easily. Man that was crazy, still gets the blood pumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'm afraid of spiders, due to 2 events. One is the Banana Spider. There was on posted in between 2 palm trees when I was a kid. I knew it was there, yet I was running around, and BLAM. HEAD TO TOE in a web, with a giant spider on my face. I freaked the fuck out.

The second event, I was in the house and rounded a corner from the bedroom to the bath. BAM! A giant Wolf spider staring at me, eye level, waving its legs. That fucker was at least as big as a tea plate. It was molting too.... so it was very whiteish. Oh god, the horror!

This didn't scare me because I saw it ahead of time. Though, a giant black spider of some type, possibly a release into the wild. Or a BIG funnel web spider, not the Aussie one. I was shooting a bow into a haystack for practice about 3 years ago. I went to get my arrows, and stopped as I SAW from about 20 yards away a giant black shape move across the stack. Grabbed a stick and started looking. Didn't see anything at first, so I thought it might be a shadow I saw. So I started to pull the arrows, and a shape rolled out from the side and then it BOWED up on me. The sum of a bitch had to be 5 or 6 inches around. As big as my hand, and it BOWED up on me.

COME AT ME BRO. So I started poking at it with my stick. I could feel the POWER of that spider. It had real tug when it was striking the stick. Big ass pinkish mouth, legs in the air and shit. So after I realized this isn't a normal spider, and I wanted more practice. Took one of my arrows, and when it struck, and ran it through, right through the mouth. I mean shit, this spider was no joke and was the biggest fucker I have seen to date. This spider could take down mice easily. Man that was crazy, still gets the blood pumping.
    That sounds uncannily like our good old funnelweb, they do that exact thing and even chase you sometimes if you really piss them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did i open this thread, i hate spiders LOL

I'm fine with spiders as long as they stay outside and don't make any webs near doors, stairs, or other important things. If they're inside, I either A: Freak out and go get my mom to kill it, B: Squish it myself or drown it in a bottle of water, or if it's on/near the ground C: Go get my cat and her toy laser, and watch her go all sadistic on the spider.

spiders are fine but it becomes a problem if they go missing OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!1
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I have a morbid fascination with them. They creep me the hell out, but they still interest me and I like to know about them. Kinda like xenomorphs.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Giant Camel Spider

http://i.imgur.com/xQ4OJ.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/Bl9hd.jpg?1

These carnivorous killers feed on snakes, lizards and even mice. They eat by liquifying the prey and then sucking them through their pharynx. Reproduction can involve direct or indirect sperm transfer; when indirect, the male emits a spermatophore on the ground and then inserts it with his chelicerae in the female's genital pore. To do this, he flings the female on her back. The female then digs a burrow, into which she lays 50 to 200 eggs. She guards them until they hatch.
    Camel spiders are not spiders in the normal sense...those fuckers have ten legs and only 2 eyes...and no fangs as such but mandibles

Just imagine that you wake up in bed and see this Brazilian Whiteknee Tarantula staring at you, close to your face : http://i.imgur.com/93ylP.jpg?1

Personnaly, I would be scared to death.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-07-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: embedded removed

spiders scare the hell out of me

15+ Year Old Account
    The thought of spiders, and even seeing spiders doesn't bother me. It's when I inexplicably find one on me without warning that I completely freak out.

While I don't freak out about it, I also really hate running into their webs, and thoroughly check myself each time I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    For any spider that is actually capable of killing a human, it's full out war. No quarter is given.

Australian spiders are lucky I don't live there.
    You don't understand.. in Australia, EVERYTHING wants to kill you.

Deleted
    The *spiders* in Ireland, not so much. I suppose if I had a butterfly net or something to remove bigger spiders from other countries from a house I would try that first before feeling forced to kill them. As long as the fuckers didnt chase me I wouldnt feel too uncomfortable trying to remove them first before freaking out but if I woke up and one of the big ones was on my pillow I would probably shit out my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That sounds uncannily like our good old funnelweb, they do that exact thing and even chase you sometimes if you really piss them off.
    As much as I'd like to think I killed one of those Aussie bastards, nothing personal to Aussie PEOPLE. Those spiders need to DIAF. I doubt I saw one in Indiana. I know it LOOKED like one, ACTED like one, but we have BIG funnel webs here. I dunno, I haven't seen one THAT big before or since. IT BOWED up on me.. striking at me with legs high. Either way, it lost.