Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking Things I am looking forward to with GW2

1) Free-to-play: A very good option. Paying only to purchase the game and being able to play it for free is the best!

2) "Open Raiding": Whatever it is actually called, GW2 is going to have it. That being in the vicinity of the event is the only requirement in joining in...that is so awesome. Pity WoW doesn't have that!

3) Fun: Sadly WoW is rapidly losing its fun-factor for me. I've been through many races and classes, levelled and even bought accounts, tried to get into raids but unable to (because of player-elitism, bad timing, or allegedly being underpowered).

I just hope that GW2 is as good as it is said to be.

The major thing I'm looking forward is:

A new world to discover WoW is dead to me, its world is dead... everyone just sits in capital cities and spams trade chat or alt-tab afk. boring. GW2 encourages everyone to get out there and explore, join in on world events, world pvp... Just experriencing the beta weekends reminded me of what I used to enjoy about MMO's, the people running around doing things, meeting randoms, helping them, joining up to take on champion mobs.

I feel like there will be a strong community in GW2 judging by what I've already seen. Mainly because these dynamic events you are doing obviously all on the same server so you meet people.

Not being punished for grouping up or helping others who are in trouble (xp or loot wise)

Focus on exploration I like that I'm not funneled into a rollar coaster game design. I can stay in low level zones and still level up until I'm satisfied and move on after I feel like I've seen what the area has to offer.

Focus on teamwork Again, I'm really happy that we will not be punished reward wise for grouping up. Some of the DE's were abit overtuned IMO, however they were still fun and very doable as more people came in to assist. My only gripe is I dont like being destroyed by one move that I didn't even see coming. I also like the focus on teamwork in WvW, there isn't much of a place for the Lone Hero out there. Sometimes I try to be that Lone Hero guy, I like that this game will push me further into learning how to be cooperative with someone other than my wife.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to it. Hopefully this community will be at least somewhat more friendly than WoW's.

Being called a dropkick and other mean names because you have any amount of PvP gear on your toon seems akin to being gay in the backwards societies of the world. Maybe you can't "afford" anything else at the time (I sure can't, even WITH botting 'n stuff).

As far as WoW goes, I was going to stick to PvP-only. But I doubt that'll happen now either.

Anyhoo, cheers to arenanet for Guild Wars 2. I hope it lives up to its hype (I really, REALLY do!!).

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I look forward to it. Hopefully this community will be at least somewhat more friendly than WoW's.

Being called a dropkick and other mean names because you have any amount of PvP gear on your toon seems akin to being gay in the backwards societies of the world. Maybe you can't "afford" anything else at the time (I sure can't, even WITH botting 'n stuff).

As far as WoW goes, I was going to stick to PvP-only. But I doubt that'll happen now either.

Anyhoo, cheers to arenanet for Guild Wars 2. I hope it lives up to its hype (I really, REALLY do!!).

I'm with you on the community aspect. I hope it stays welcoming and friendly (I know some people from the GW2 community aren't, but that is the exception not the rule). I really think it will differ by server though. Due to anonymity the internet is just a breeding ground for trolls and generally mean spirited people. Let's hope GW2 stays mostly clean though .

Things I'm looking forward to: Everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries - I already know that's where the majority of my time at level 80 will be spent; collecting every single one possible.

EDIT: I love hunting rare items and gear. In Skyrim I had collected every skin for every piece of equipment possible in my house chests, and in WoW I had farmed Sulfuras, Thunderfury, and Shadowmourne with the help of my brothers. I love gear, stats or no stats; I'm actually quite angry at myself for not cracking down on HoM to get all those goodies, but luckily I can still get them after GW2 launch, but I doubt I'll be wanting to play GW1 with GW2 on my computer, quite the predicament.

Exploring a New World - I'm generally excited to just see everything the game has to offer in terms of content.

EDIT: I like questing. I did everything in skyrim... everything. and I had loremaster +1000 or so for getting it before cataclysm and again for cataclysm. Loremaster would have been much more enjoyable if the quests weren't trivial and were actually challenging. The best quests in WoW were the ones I tried to solo that suggested groups. Soloing the 5-man quests on my DK tank in WotLK in Icecrown were the best.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-14 at 08:03 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Legendaries - I already know that's where the majority of my time at level 80 will be spent; collecting every single one possible.
    Being a warrior is going to be fun, going to have so many wearable legendary options..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Being a warrior is going to be fun, going to have so many wearable legendary options..
    Yeah, a little sad that as a thief I'll only get a few. Then again, I'm used to it, having been a priest in WoW. I mean, what could I get? Val'anir, that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if legendaries had slots in the collect tab in the bank so all my characters can at least use the skins. I guess it depends on how much work it actually takes, but if the legendaries DO take as much as I think they should in my head (Months worth of work), I definitely want collect tab slots for them.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    In a way, I do hope they take months to get. Far more satisfying that way. Plus, it'll likely be one of the first things I go after, so I can be all shiny before everyone else =3

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Yeah, a little sad that as a thief I'll only get a few. Then again, I'm used to it, having been a priest in WoW. I mean, what could I get? Val'anir, that's about it.
    Engineer seems to be in the worst position. With just 3 pieces to go for. Actually really curious how they look at this, some professions have just a lot less legionaries to go for. Are we suppose to all roll a Warrior? Atleast thats the same as WoW then...

Deleted
    asura

nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Engineer seems to be in the worst position. With just 3 pieces to go for. Actually really curious how they look at this, some professions have just a lot less legionaries to go for. Are we suppose to all roll a Warrior? Atleast thats the same as WoW then...
    Yes yes, let's all ignore the fact that legendaries are purely cosmetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there appears to be a lot more of them than there are in WoW total right now. Surely there are more than just 1 per weapon type.

I dont care about that, but i just want to hunt Legendaries. Anyone that mains an Engineer would be forced to go for alts pretty fast, or well... relative to other professions.

Its part of the things you do at lv80, and some professions just have less longevity this way then others. I tend to play many alts anyway. But not everyone likes spreading themselves across many characters and would prefer to focus on perfecting 1 character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I dont care about that, but i just want to hunt Legendaries. Anyone that mains an Engineer would be forced to go for alts pretty fast, or well... relative to other professions.

Its part of the things you do at lv80, and some professions just have less longevity this way then others. I tend to play many alts anyway. But not everyone likes spreading themselves across many characters and would prefer to focus on perfecting 1 character.
    I'm going to be collecting legendaries my main can't even use, just because I can and it's something to work on lol. I'm a 1 toon kind of guy, and it doesn't really bother me as a thief that can only use 4 different weapon types.

I have pretty good faith that more weapon types will be made available to more classes through expansions or what have you eventually.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's going to be:
    Being responsible for your own life
    Traditionally I've always played a tank and a healer class. I'm looking forward to the fact that people will have to be aware, or die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fmanvegas View Post
    For me it's going to be:
    Being responsible for your own life
    Traditionally I've always played a tank and a healer class. I'm looking forward to the fact that people will have to be aware, or die.
    Indeed. It'll be nice not to babysit fire-standing DPS and DPS-geared tanks.

The Duels feature