Thread: New Launcher

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Launcher

i just updated the game, about 1.7GB, and i have now a new launcher, that doest allow me to copy-paste my password or username

this is gonna suck as i use random generate passwords for my online stuff

It saves your password, so you only have to type it once anyways. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    lol missed that thx :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even notice you couldn't copy paste into those spaces. Even ctrl+v doesn't work.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 12:11 PM ----------

And forgot about that myself lol.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Dat sexy launcher.

If you login after the update and get error 9 it's OK. It just means 'your login information is correct, but there is currently no beta on'

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Error_code

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to derail the thread, but there was also a ~60mb patch this morning. Anyone else super excited to read the changes from BW2 -> BW3? Aaarg!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fmanvegas View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but there was also a ~60mb patch this morning. Anyone else super excited to read the changes from BW2 -> BW3? Aaarg!
    I know, I feel like there will be a lot of small improvement (improve the guild system plz AN, kthxbai) and Asura and Sylvari is exciting.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by fmanvegas View Post
    Where are they o_o
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    Uhm, have you noticed that there is both a login screen AND a play button? I wonder if we can login and access the forums through there or something. =o

Get a Logitech G15 (or any newer model) then you can put all your different passwords on the G-keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poking around on the old login screen, options now has this for low end PC's:

Other than that, it's mainly just tooltip updates so they explain graphics settings.

Only other notable thing is you can now set your audio device in the game, which is awesome for people like me who forget to switch to their headset, which would require a restart to change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Uhm, have you noticed that there is both a login screen AND a play button? I wonder if we can login and access the forums through there or something. =o
    Oh yeah, didn't see that last night.. hmm curious now haha

I hope this means they added in the option to log out to character select.

Looks like a lot of changes. Getting closer and closer to a well polished product.

Adding -useoldlauncher to command line will default to old login screen.

EDIT: What the bloody fuck arenanet, subsampling but no multisampling? I know you're targeting the casual crowd but for fuck's sake, let those of us who spend more then a shoestring budget on our PCs get some optimization as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post

EDIT: What the bloody fuck arenanet, subsampling but no multisampling? I know you're targeting the casual crowd but for fuck's sake, let those of us who spend more then a shoestring budget on our PCs get some optimization as well.
    Geez lucky. We get it, you dislike GW2.

Geez lucky. We get it, you dislike GW2.
    I want mutlisampling damnit! Not this casual subsampling bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post

What are you talking about? They do use multi-sampling. It's used in anti-aliasing. In addition, it has nothing to do with the render subsample option. A better comparison would be if they didn't add high definition textures. High definition textures require rendering of far higher quality images. This introduces more overhead as the pixel count on the images increases. Subsampling simplifies rendering by using a subsample of pixel data to render the image. The smaller image is processed and then enlarged to reduce render time.
    Last edited by Dosvidaniya; 2012-07-15 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Clearer terminology
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community

The only anti-aliasing available is FXAA, which is basically a shader applied to a scene. It is NOT multisampling.

Considering that they could be arsed to code in subsampling, they could have spent a bit more time and allow multisampling as well since it's basically the same thing (scene rendered at different resolution from display resolution and then approximated to display resolution).