Thread: New Launcher

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Deleted
    It's cheating, but it works! Thank you for that hehe. For some reason I completely forgot about the idea of going to youtube.

I like your avatar too!

I miss the old one Oh well maybe there will be an option to use the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Shush, it's for casual noobs with bad computers. Anet is forcing their casual budget BS on us. Get your crosses, they're the devil.
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    They could very well be withholding it. Sometimes they don't put MSAA in beta because if the game isn't optimized MSAA can make the GPU heat up like crazy, and they don't want to be responsible for toasted cards.
    I suppose it.. is sort of possible. It is true the maximum graphical settings are not yet unlocked from what I read on the official forums last BWE.

That said, visuals in games got as good as I ever needed them to be long ago. At this point I'm more interested in them doing more with the visuals of yesterday, than seeing developers concentrate all the processor power in the world on something that will be outdated the day after it comes out. Possibly before it even comes out.

Then again I'm the sort of person that replays old sierra adventure games, enjoys them, and doesn't blink an eye at the graphics so.. yeah. There's that.

-

After looking through some of the information floating around, I still haven't been able to find anything on whether they've added a log out to character select function for this BWE. It's not a must have function, I suppose, but it would certainly be convenient. I was sort of hoping the new launcher would be a sign of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    if you right click on the shortcut you have of the .exe, go on properties and add -useoldlauncher on the target line you can use the old launcher!
    It'll look like "C:\whereveryouputit\Gw2.exe" -useoldlauncher

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    It's cheating, but it works! Thank you for that hehe. For some reason I completely forgot about the idea of going to youtube.

I like your avatar too!
    Gotta have something to listen to while I wait for the sound track to arrive
    And thanks, I decided it was time to add one
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    You can, use -useoldlauncher after the gw2 command (in the shortcut)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    If you login after the update and get error 9 it's OK. It just means 'your login information is correct, but there is currently no beta on'

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Error_code
    Thanks for the info, i was getting a little paraniond...just a bit...not at all really. Honest. : |

Subsampling - A lot more people can play the game. It's been used on consoles for years now with few complaints. Keeping a good framerate is far more important than resolution. The UI elements can all be drawn full res, but the game itself moves fast (60fps) so you won't notice it so much. Most console games look terrible in screenshots, but the videos always seem to look alright.

Proper anti-aliasing - A few people can turn it all up to the max.

Tbh, if I had a list of tasks to do before release, I think "making it so more people can play the game" would be higher than making it look nicer on £1000 PCs.

FXAA is a bit shit. It goes well with subsampling though. If that's the only option on release, I'll probably switch it off if it gets noticeably artifact-y. It's more likely it's low on the priority list. Might be there later on.

-useoldlauncher and you can login just like before for those who want to listen to the music and check servers (and options).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Gotta have something to listen to while I wait for the sound track to arrive
    And thanks, I decided it was time to add one
    Yeah, I am just patiently waiting for my CD from the CE. Then, I shall stay at home, put it on, and go off doing things while my housemates look at me funny.

Yeah, I am just patiently waiting for my CD from the CE. Then, I shall stay at home, put it on, and go off doing things while my housemates look at me funny.
    Something like, Guild Wars 2, the soundtrack of your life?

Deleted
    Something like, Guild Wars 2, the soundtrack of your life?
    Yes, that would be amazing. I might have put on the Charr theme to get out of bed when I had an early morning, and I can say it worked on making me feel badass.
    Anyway, the new launcher!

I kinda do want it to have changeable theme. I'd like if every time it opens there would be different races there...

Yes, that would be amazing. I might have put on the Charr theme to get out of bed when I had an early morning, and I can say it worked on making me feel badass.
    Anyway, the new launcher!

I kinda do want it to have changeable theme. I'd like if every time it opens there would be different races there...
    If they did that, and made the appropriate racial theme play, it would be the best launcher ever.

Deleted
    If they did that, and made the appropriate racial theme play, it would be the best launcher ever.
    YES! That would actually be a pretty badass idea.
    I'd also personally like a 'nighttime' mode. I love the whole white theme of GW2 but GOD it hurts my eyes when I go from something very dark into the launcher.

BW3 will be the first one i got into and i can't wait and i got the big patch the other day but not the 60mb one.

YES! That would actually be a pretty badass idea.
    I'd also personally like a 'nighttime' mode. I love the whole white theme of GW2 but GOD it hurts my eyes when I go from something very dark into the launcher.
    A nighttime mode would be nice, though it wouldn't fit with their "red on white" theme, which I find unfortunate they chose to go that route. Don't they realize gamers prefer darker color schemes?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    BW3 will be the first one i got into and i can't wait and i got the big patch the other day but not the 60mb one.
    Ah welcome to the game then!
    I hope you enjoy it.
    Are you excited just looking at the new launcher? hehe
    (And I wouldn't worry much if you didn't get the 60mb patch, just make sure you run the launcher on friday a little bit before the beta, and it'll just catch up).

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 06:03 PM ----------

A nighttime mode would be nice, though it wouldn't fit with their "red on white" theme, which I find unfortunate they chose to go that route. Don't they realize gamers prefer darker color schemes?!
    I think the white and red theme helps a lot with the paint artistic style they go through, but I do wish they'd thought about the darker colour schemes. It's my impression that most of us spend a fair amount on the computer, so we prefer darker themes. Opening the launcher coming from a black webpage onto a black wallpaper turns my eyes into dust.
    At least it's very pretty!

Ah welcome to the game then!
    I hope you enjoy it.
    Are you excited just looking at the new launcher? hehe
    (And I wouldn't worry much if you didn't get the 60mb patch, just make sure you run the launcher on friday a little bit before the beta, and it'll just catch up).
    thanks i have been waiting for guild wars 2 ever since playing guild wars 1 a couple of years back LOL. i have been opening it to see if there is any updates all week and going to do so Thursday night

played gw1 for a couple of years and ever since they said there making gw2 i have been wanting to play it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    thanks i have been waiting for guild wars 2 ever since playing guild wars 1 a couple of years back LOL. i have been opening it to see if there is any updates all week and going to do so Thursday night

played gw1 for a couple of years and ever since they said there making gw2 i have been wanting to play it lol.
    Hehe I think I open the launcher at least once a day. I've caught myself doing it without even realizing it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It saves your password, so you only have to type it once anyways. >.>
    Typing it once is still riskier than never type it.

Most keyloggers dont copy the clipboard, so ANet should really change the launcher so it allows copy and paste.

Also, some people play more than one account in their pc (because they have brothers or any other familiy member that play).

Allowing copy and paste of passwords is a security meassure. ANet should look into it.