View Poll Results: Which of these countries do you think is the best?

Voters
262. This poll is closed
  • Denmark

48 18.32%
  • Sweden

91 34.73%
  • Norway

54 20.61%
  • Finland

55 20.99%
  • Iceland

14 5.34%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Nope, i didn't. I'm not a citizen of any of the 5 countries or these 3 areas but as far as i know they're just subjects of the countries and not countries themselves.
    This isn't true in the case of Greenland and the Faroe Islands. They are both self-governing countries with their own political system. They do however get financial help from Denmark though and are very much connected to Denmark when it comes to school systems and so on.

OT: I'd have a hard time choosing between these countries if I'm honest, I think almost all of them have such high standards of living that I would gladly live in any of them :> If I had to pick one I'd choose Sweden.
    Last edited by Stumpurin; 2012-07-15 at 03:13 AM.

Norway...because the vikings and Norse mythology = the bomb.

Norway. It starts with N-o-r. Good enough for me!

Deleted
    Denmark, but mostly by elimination than by choosing a winner.

im from norway, and im voting for Denmark :b
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Norway...because the vikings and Norse mythology = the bomb.
    I think Norse mythology and ancient/medieval culture (vikings) are more closely related to Denmark than Norway. But yeah, Norse mythology is awesome.

Deleted
    Voted Sweden, from Denmark. I am a bit unsure if Sweden or Norway, but I think Norway is a bit too cold in the winter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    ok cool.. from your post it just looked like you were saying you were content with Sweden.. but you think the other nations are better..

ok this post made me laugh!

this does NOT make me want to visit Finland!!

edit* it might just a cultural thing or what not.. but the way you two are talking about your nations appears to me.. an outsider from the USA that you are tearing your nation apart..

tell us about what makes your nation great! why you choose to call it home!
    Tearing apart? There are many things that are tearing the country apart such as mandatory swedish (this creates unnecessary hatred towards swedes, especially among students, as they are forced to learn a language they don't want to learn and splits the population into 2 groups: finnish speaking finns and the minority of swedish speaking finns) and corrupt politicians to name a few, oh and the stupidness of average finn. These are things that are tearing the nation apart.

I got a bit carried off there but yeah, the biggest problem of Finland is the stupidness of its citizens and how they don't know what's best for them.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-07-15 at 05:41 AM.

Germany, in my eyes, is Nordic. So, I vote Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    From Sweden, voted for Finland, could have voted Denmark too. I like Sweden but the media is so far-left and the mainstream politics are so politically correct you just want to puke. Finland, Denmark and to a certain degree Norway's politics are better. Don't know a lot about Iceland...
    Is there ANY country in which the media is not biased? Same with political correctness. It's the same story everywhere.

Politics and media are corrupt and/or biased pretty much across the globe, not just in Sweden. See: MSNBC, Fox News, Chinese government-based media brainwashing their population... you get the point.

Deleted
    Sweden for me, as it has the largest Muslim population of the 5.

Deleted
    Norway or Sweden.. but since I'm from Sweden, I had to vote for it. Denmark is too far south and too warm for my tastes:P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Norse mythology and ancient/medieval culture (vikings) are more closely related to Denmark than Norway. But yeah, Norse mythology is awesome.
    Hehe, They were Danish, Norwegian and Swedish(To a smaller degree). There are old viking burial grounds and traces of viking settlements spread out over the entire norwegian coast, denmark and southern sweden. Recently (Late 1980's) they found the longest/largest viking house as far north as Lofoten.

I would call the vikings the forfathers of scandinavians, and the culturural heritage belong to scandinavia not a single country.

Edit: I forgot Iceland
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2012-07-15 at 08:57 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    From Sweden, voted for Finland, could have voted Denmark too. I like Sweden but the media is so far-left and the mainstream politics are so politically correct you just want to puke. Finland, Denmark and to a certain degree Norway's politics are better. Don't know a lot about Iceland...
    If you think the Swedish media is "far-left" then I think you may have a warped perspective on this. Our right loves to shout that the media is biased in favor of the left but every independent analysis of such bias that I've heard of has reported that:
    1) The media in Sweden is mostly owned by a small number of companies with a vested interest in right-wing politics.
    2) The media generally reports more favorably on the political right than the left (We're talking about the Vänsterpartiet-to-Moderaterna span here, not RKU-to-SvP).

Deleted
    Voting Denmark - we are the happiest people on Earth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Iceland.
    Four words: Of Monsters and Men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    This isn't true in the case of Greenland and the Faroe Islands. They are both self-governing countries with their own political system. They do however get financial help from Denmark though and are very much connected to Denmark when it comes to school systems and so on.

OT: I'd have a hard time choosing between these countries if I'm honest, I think almost all of them have such high standards of living that I would gladly live in any of them :> If I had to pick one I'd choose Sweden.
    Greenland i still under danish law subjected to the royal danish crown. All they have is their own flag, and local politicians.

Yeah I think you may be right, but more along the lines of the history of the Germanic tribes, and the kings and such of all those peoples. I just always associate Norse mythology with Norway so like it a bit more!

Deleted
    voted finland, best metal :P

Deleted
    This poll is mostly about which country has the highest representations of forum lurkers here

Although, P.S: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...countries.html