Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    are you suggesting that you built the sun?
    honestly it seems like you're not very good at reading, or just decided to attempt to make something inflammatory that is clearly not.
    I'm sorry are you stoned! Where did I say that I built the sun? Let me explain it in small words for you, I was responding to a poster above who noted that without roads built by someone else I could not have made a small business. I then asked what about air to breathe, or the sun to provide heat and light, can't have a small business without those either, thankfully those were built also. NOWHERE DID I IMPLY OR SAY THAT I BUILT THE SUN. Learn to acutally comprehend what you read.

I don't even like Obama, I'm just trying to make you understand Engrish but this seems to be an impossible task. There's a difference between supporting Obama and understanding what he means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespers99 View Post
    I'm sorry are you stoned! Where did I say that I built the sun? Let me explain it in small words for you, I was responding to a poster above who noted that without roads built by someone else I could not have made a small business. I then asked what about air to breathe, or the sun to provide heat and light, can't have a small business without those either, thankfully those were built also. NOWHERE DID I IMPLY OR SAY THAT I BUILT THE SUN. Learn to acutally comprehend what you read.
    But someone did build those roads. No humans built the sun or atmosphere, but they did build the roads, so I don't see how a false equivalency goes anywhere.

Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
    Right from the speech you quoted. I'm not the one who made the point about the roads -- Obama did. I'm not saying it's a good point (I've said it's stupid), I'm saying that you don't understand what he means. Because you don't. Because you just blindly got offended without understanding what he really meant.

I thought this was going to be a decent debate but now I realize the OP is really just kind of a retard : /

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    I don't blindly support the president. It just so happens that we share similar beliefs because I don't support things that are batshit crazy

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 01:16 AM ----------

Do you think most people get loans from banks to start their small businesses?
    No as a matter of fact most small business are started with people borrowing money from friends and family or taking a 2nd on thier home. There are small business that do take loans at some point, but rarely does the 1st time small business guy go directly to writing a business plan and applying for a loan to start his business. It just doesn't happen that way, 90% of everything you learn about running a small business you learn on the job which is why a lot fail the 1st time around.

No as a matter of fact most small business are started with people borrowing money from friends and family or taking a 2nd on thier home. There are small business that do take loans at some point, but rarely does the 1st time small business guy go directly to writing a business plan and applying for a loan to start his business. It just doesn't happen that way, 90% of everything you learn about running a small business you learn on the job which is why a lot fail the 1st time around.
    Okay. Thank you for proving exactly what the President said. /thread

Funny how the OP's intent is to try and denounce him as making stupid statements and failing those who he's trying to represent, and yet I read that speech and I find myself nodding.

That's damn right, nobody gets rolling on the road to financial and business success completely on their own. I don't agree with everything he's done, not by a long shot, but I sure as hell like the tone of this particular speech.

And no, don't throw the 'come back and talk to me after blah blah,' no, I've been there. I was part of a small business that a man who I was working for started up. It was hard and brutal for him to get it going, and he most CERTAINLY did not do it alone. Just because it was his name on the deed of the place, just because he had the title of 'owner,' he did not do it alone. Best of all, he knew he owed his success to more than just himself. Those are the sorts of business owners I jive with.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't even like Obama, I'm just trying to make you understand Engrish but this seems to be an impossible task. There's a difference between supporting Obama and understanding what he means.
    See here's the thing, YOU see what YOU think he means. I see something different. Kinda the same way when you tell a joke and a few people laugh but maybe someone else finds it offensive. I found his comments insulting, pandering, and stupid. Being a business owner I probably tend to look at things differently than you do. I don't appreciate what he has NOT done for small business, yet he seems to love big business like GE.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Funny how the OP's intent is to try and denounce him as making stupid statements and failing those who he's trying to represent, and yet I read that speech and I find myself nodding.

That's damn right, nobody gets rolling on the road to financial and business success completely on their own. I don't agree with everything he's done, not by a long shot, but I sure as hell like the tone of this particular speech.

And no, don't throw the 'come back and talk to me after blah blah,' no, I've been there. I was part of a small business that a man who I was working for started up. It was hard and brutal for him to get it going, and he most CERTAINLY did not do it alone. Just because it was his name on the deed of the place, just because he had the title of 'owner,' he did not do it alone. Best of all, he knew he owed his success to more than just himself. Those are the sorts of business owners I jive with.
    would you mind if i sucked your dick?

See here's the thing, YOU see what YOU think he means. I see something different. Kinda the same way when you tell a joke and a few people laugh but maybe someone else finds it offensive. I found his comments insulting, pandering, and stupid. Being a business owner I probably tend to look at things differently than you do. I don;t appreciate what he has NOT done for small business, yet he seems to love big business like GE.
    No, you're taking one line out of an entire speech and using it to nitpick a point that he didn't even intend. If you take that one line out of context "you didn't make your own business" then sure, it looks horrible. But everything leading up to that line explains why he said it. But you just went all up in arms the second you heard that line and flushed your brain down the toilet.

#28 Herecius So who helped him in his business? His employees? You know those folks that don;t have to work for him and have zero dollars os their own money invested in the business so if it fails they don't get hurt. Who exactly helped him then.

#28 Herecius So who helped him in his business? His employees? You know those folks that don;t have to work for him and have zero dollars os their own money invested in the business so if it fails they don't get hurt. Who exactly helped him then.
    You know I don't speak Spanish. In English, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama in Roanoke? The guy's going to every place I've ever lived.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Runeforged View Post
    A lot of rich people didn't get there on their own, though. The "1%" as some people call it. They mainly get income through inheritance, and then investments and money manipulation.
    This is patently false. Most billionaires are self-made.

I think it's cute how everyone hates the 1% and inheritance, yet they vote for Inheritance 5 Percenters every time they put a Senator back in office. Kennedys, Rockefellers, Bushes and right on down the line. Now we see Obama is not hope and change, but more of the same disgusting Washington politics. We basically have ignorant Democrats who will put this liar right back in office, and ignorant Republicans who will put their liar in office.

The inheritance defense is hilarious to begin with. It's irrelevant which family member made the money. If it's their great grandfather's money, who gives a rat's ass? The jealousy of welfare rats and entitlement babies is sickening. If the success of other Americans makes you angry, you need look no further than a mirror to see what destroyed this country. The commies have won. The celebration will be short lived, however. Even commie countries have to pay the bills, and there's no end in sight for American trillion dollar deficits. Bankruptcy is assured.

I read the whole speech. And he was pandering to make folks feel good like they were the real contributors to the success of businesses. In a very small general way they are but then everyone on the planet is. Its a red herring at best. What happens when a small business fails, only the small business owner is hurt, not the folks who built the roads or gave him advice when he was 10. I know exactly what he was trying to put out to the crowd and it was baloney. Its exactly the same crap they do in schools now...everyone is a winner!.....you didn't start a small business but you are a success and you created their success so be very proud of that.

Watch the Olympics in a few days and then go tell all those people who worked their butts off to get there that everyone there is a winner and should get medals also. Meanwhile back in reality we know things don't work that way.
    Last edited by Vespers99; 2012-07-15 at 05:37 AM.

"Give me what I want and I'll go away."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukami View Post
    Sounds like the OP is blinded by hatred and refuses to understand that his gripe with the President's speech is fundamentally wrong. Turn off the Fox News and Rush and try formulating your own thought for once.
    OP says he voted for Obama in 2008. I doubt he pays attention to Fox or Rush.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

If those 2 underlined sentences pissed you off this badly you need help for your anger issues. You should also decide to partake in reading comprehension classes for 8th grade and up since you really don't understand his speech. Then again you may be a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    If those 2 underlined sentences pissed you off this badly you need help for your anger issues. You should also decide to partake in reading comprehension classes for 8th grade and up since you really don't understand his speech. Then again you may be a troll.
    So the only correct interpretation of the speech is your interpretation. Got it. No one else may ever look at it any other way but yours. Got it. Gee you're just a real understanding guy huh?

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 10:44 PM ----------

Hmm wierd double post.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    OP says he voted for Obama in 2008. I doubt he pays attention to Fox or Rush.
    Fox news blows, CNN blows, MSN blows. Watch the business channel its way less yelling and a lot more informative.
    Last edited by Vespers99; 2012-07-15 at 05:43 AM.