Poll: Should Female Pandaren Get More Options

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    Because her name is Old Lady Heng, and she has the voice of an old woman? I mean, if pandaren stay super prim and pretty no matter how old they get, I mean, more power too them..

Still doesn't change how she has the same nose as everyone else, though.
    And it still doesn't change that male pandaren have old face options and the female pandaren don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    What do you consider a real issue then?
    The average number of polygons used to construct a boss in MoP vs. the other expansions.

Big creepy images coming in.

The texture skins of all the pandaren facial options.

The males get different nose shapes, muzzle shapes, brow shapes, lip shapes, wrinkles, frown lines, crowsfeet, scars, old faces, smoother faces, shaggy faces, gaunt faces, stern faces. They still share the basic head shape, but through textures, there is variety.

The only major differences between the female faces are the masks. Whatever extra shading is there is so subtle that it does nothing to change the overall age, personality, or attitude of the face, just like how, despite having different brow and nose shapes, the female worgen still have One Face. The noses are the same. The muzzles are the same. The lips are the same. There are no wrinkles, no frown lines, no crowsfeet, no scars, no old faces, gaunt faces, shaggy faces, stern faces.

Make the shading more pronounced so that we can easily see cheekbones. Add wrinkles to show age, frowns, smiles, or snarls. Give us some scar options, or a face with a cute heart-shaped nose like the males get. Some thick lips, thin lips. Something!
    Last edited by Seyna Starstrider; 2012-09-09 at 11:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I never saw it until you drew those pretty red lines on everything. Please the fact that you consider different colors of fur to somehow change the overall shape of the face is endearing but to me it still looks the same just different shading.
    EXACTLY. That is EXACTLY what it is. The same overall face shape... with different shading, noses, and scars. And the females get NONE of that.

I'm glad it seems you finally understand what we've been trying to tell you for the past few pages.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2012-09-10 at 12:49 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    What do you consider a real issue then?
    Almost anything else you can think of to put it bluntly.

I know a lot of people around here only seem to care about graphics and how unique something is when they know they'll be throwing fireballs at it. You all know how many "Blizz Rehashes Models Once Again!" threads we see around here, and they all seem to get quite a bit more support, because heaven forbid the king of the lobstermen looks like the rest of the lobstermen, only bigger. Or blue.
    It kind of makes me wonder about them as people. They're content wearing the same old t-shirt and jeans every day, but then they have to change their route to work every day as well just so the scenery doesn't get stale? You'd think they'd be more concerned about the things hitting closer to home, that affect how other people see them, which is essentially the issue of player models compared to that of recycled mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/717...t_11-9_10_2012

Let's do it guys! Get your fingers ready... we want some answers on why the female pandaren can't get more than one face!

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/717...t_11-9_10_2012

Let's do it guys! Get your fingers ready... we want some answers on why the female pandaren can't get more than one face!
    My bet, not being sarcastic or facetious, is: we're happy with how the models currently are and we think they look great in-game.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    My bet, not being sarcastic or facetious, is: we're happy with how the models currently are and we think they look great in-game.
    And if that's the answer so be it, but I think it's crap. It's crap that the female pandaren all have the same face, and it's crap if they think it's okay.

But hey, can't hurt to ask.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they'd be missing the whole point. Issue isn't whether they look great (they do), issue is zero customization for girl panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Then they'd be missing the whole point. Issue isn't whether they look great (they do), issue is zero customization for girl panda.
    Well, given they've already said they're happy with the model... they disagree with the female Pandaren having zero customization.

But we've been through all this before. I've made my prediction. If they actually expound on their visual design for Pandaren, awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, given they've already said they're happy with the model... they disagree with the female Pandaren having zero customization.

But we've been through all this before. I've made my prediction. If they actually expound on their visual design for Pandaren, awesome.
    No, they said that about the males, and they said the females would have "tons of faces". And to "wait until you see her in game, then we'll talk."

Well, we waited. We've seen her. And she doesn't have the faces we were promised.

For someone who doesn't like this topic, you sure post in it a lot, and promptly :P

Sig by Isilrien

Hey, I gave up trying to convince anyone here. At this point I'm literally just telling you what I think is going to happen -if- they decide to say anything about the models.

Besides, it's a Monday night, I'm in the middle of an art block and I'm bored. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I gave up trying to convince anyone here. At this point I'm literally just telling you what I think is going to happen -if- they decide to say anything about the models.

Besides, it's a Monday night, I'm in the middle of an art block and I'm bored. :P
    Well, no offense, but we really don't need your pessimism in this thread. I mean, obviously, you're free to post wherever you like, but I don't see how constructive it is to basically say "You're wasting your time, they probably won't even reply and if they do it'll be brushing you off."

Sig by Isilrien

Well, no offense, but we really don't need your pessimism in this thread. I mean, obviously, you're free to post wherever you like, but I don't see how constructive it is to basically say "You're wasting your time, they probably won't even reply and if they do it'll be brushing you off."
    To be fair it's pretty consistent with what they've said so far. If asked the same question again, they're very likely to either ignore it or (as seen recently) just refer back to a previous answer.
    If you do ask anything, you'll have to be very particular with the wording so as to not give them any wiggle room or chances to go off on a semi-related topic like the model instead of the faces or something. Something like "We think the new female Pandaren model is great! But what happened to all those new faces we were promised? The ones we were shown really don't seem different at all compared to the males'."

What's the point of a discussion if you can't have different opinions in it? Just to have people chipping in and saying how much they agree with you? I also mean no offense here, but I think you should have made a petition in one of those specialized petition websites, where people just sign their names, maybe put a short comment to go along with it and go on their merry way. A forum is an awful place to try and get unanimous opinions. Hell, look at the "EA trying to buy Valve" thread on the Video Games forum! People can't even fully agree that EA is a blight upon all that is good and digital entertainment.

And I strongly disagree with you that I was being pessimistic. I was being realistic here. As of late, Blizzard's pattern regarding female Pandaren, or even visual elements of the game in general, seems to be very much one of both playing their cards close to their chest and only releasing things when they seem to be committed to the ideas and happy with them. It might be to try to avoid another female Worgen situation, I don't know, but that's how they've been doing stuff nowadays. They know people are going to complain very vehemently either way they go, so they simply cut their losses and don't comment on that sort of thing anymore.

It's not pessimistic, or even a wild guess, to predict Blizzard will either not reply to any more questions regarding female Pandaren (or reused models, or reused skeletons [hello, Saurok Worgen!], or ridiculous tier sets [hello, Hunters!]). If any model-related question is going to be answered in that Q&A, it might be about the new player models for the old races. IF they do talk about more things, I will be very surprised, but also very pleased.

And again, I want female Pandaren to have more faces as much as the next guy. Hell, I play on a Roleplaying server! My Pandaren is going to have three claw marks on her cheek/jaw area, as a result of a very significant event in her life (her first escape from a Horde ambush). If I could have those as part of the texture itself, I would be effin' ecstatic!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well no offence, but I think a little reality check is exactly what this thread needs to be honest. I mean why continue to set yourself up for disappointment?

Nothing is going to change and the sooner you realise this the sooner you'll be able to enjoy the game for what it is - and not for what it isn't.

edit: Holtzmann beat me to it!

I wasn't going to post again in this thread. But what the hell, may as well. Beta is almost over, as the blue said. You are correct, they did indeed say they were happy with the pandaren. Here is the exact quote:

We consider the pandaren models pretty much done: i.e. the distinctive longer tails for female red-coloured pandaren, that we like, are there to stay.

Let's say it like this: we don't want to repeat the female worgen on this one. We don't want to second-guess the design.

This may just be my interpretation and not our company's, but the way I see it is that with many things there's always going to be people that like it exactly how it is — as we do — and those that don't. If we change it, the people who didn't like it before the change might be satisfied by it changing, but there's also the chance they might not be. What's guaranteed, though, is that those who did like it just as it was (usually the silent majority) definitely won't like it being changed.
    Which even though he was replying to regards of the pandaren tails, still is an answer. They are happy with the design, and aren't going to second guess it. Then there was Neth's tweet:

@begoth_princess The request for more facial options has been provided to the team, but as far as I'm aware, there are no plans to add.
    Which is plain english. They submitted the request for more facial options. The team declined and stated they have no plans to add anything else to the model.

Then there was the webpage with the scrollable screenshots, and customization count, the pre-launch patch is out with female and male pandaren being in a couple major faction cities. So this will if Blizzard is inclined to do so, will be their 5th answer on the subject. The question is though, will they accept it? Or will it be shoved aside as vague. I am with you in that the models are 100% done. The last few beta builds have been balance changes, bug fixes, and raid testing. There have been 0 additions to the model since the non-streak options went in. That alone should of been an indicator that the race Blizzard invented and modeled, is considered done.

Will this put an end to thread after thread after thread on the official forums? While they are at it, maybe they should ask for a final answer on the worgen females that they for some reason hate. Maybe if they get a final answer on those 2 subjects, the constant post after post after endless post of the same phrases and sentances will finally end.

Quote Originally Posted by Glok View Post
    Well no offence, but I think a little reality check is exactly what this thread needs to be honest. I mean why continue to set yourself up for disappointment?

Nothing is going to change and the sooner you realise this the sooner you'll be able to enjoy the game for what it is - and not for what it isn't.
    Most people are aware that we won't get new options at this point. Now we want to know why. There is no logical reason they couldn't have done exactly what they did for male Pandaren for the females, but they didn't, and we'd like an answer. As unlikely as it is we'll actually get one, we can hope.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Most people are aware that we won't get new options at this point. Now we want to know why. There is no logical reason they couldn't have done exactly what they did for male Pandaren for the females, but they didn't, and we'd like an answer. As unlikely as it is we'll actually get one, we can hope.
    You need to remember that as far as Blizzard is concerned the fem Panda DOES have multiple face options, so its a moot point. The issue that some might call them 'markings' or 'textures' as opposed to faces isn't one that Blizzard has or ever will acknowledge.

You really need to either accept their position or be eternally miserable about it - I know which I'd choose.