View Poll Results: What should be legal Marijuana using age...

Voters
488. This poll is closed
  • 18+

230 47.13%
  • 21+

220 45.08%
  • No age restriction

38 7.79%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to hear anyone make a rational argument as to why marijuana is illegal in the US while alcohol is legal. They are both intoxicants and virtually do the same thing. And it's also well documented to the hilt that marijuana not nearly as unhealthy as alcohol. Philosophically a society has to either say they are against intoxicants like alcohol or not. The US tried it with alcohol in the 20s and it failed miserably, and then recreated the same mess (actually far worse) with marijuana penalization. It being illegal created the profits that built the drug lords and gangs that have brought 1000x more violence and crime than prohibition of alcohol did.

That said, if Romney and/or Republicans win the House and/or Senate it will go the complete opposite way of legalization in the next 4-8 years. But I do think it is what the vast majority want even though many are too worried to say anything to voice it. I'm pretty confident though it will finally happen in my lifetime. Then the government can stop wasting the resources that have been used on penalizing smokers and put them towards something worthwhile to the country. And I don't even smoke, I'm just tired of the hypocrisy, the violence and crime it being illegal has brought, seeing people's lives ruined over something that shouldn't even be illegal, and all the money the government has wasted enforcing a law that makes no sense.

If not legalized, IT NEEDS TO BE DECRIMINALIZED. It's absurd the amount they spend on "the war on drugs" not to mention the overcrowding in prisons, just build a new one right....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    i'd say 21+ teens are still too stupid. though in the end it probably wouldnt matter anyway
    It would matter... I bet you if you polled high school kids under 18 and asked them if it is consistently easier to get alcohol or marijuana, the overwhelming majority would say marijuana. The regulation does work. It would aid in keeping it out of the hands of minors.
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    Marijuana is well known for its anti nausea properties.

In moderate doses, yes. But if you take huge rips off a bong or something and have a low tolerance it can easily make people nauseous or even vomit.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then us stoners would have nothing to talk about man! /jk

Weed does the same thing as alcohol, I have personally seen people throw their lives away from the crap as well as cause accidents while under the influence just like alcohol. Should it be legalized? Sure, it's not as detrimental to your health (especially your liver) as alcohol and does the same thing, but it should only be for 21 or older unless supervised by a guardian (same as alcohol)

Old enough to die for your country should = old enough to drink a damn beer.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-07-16 at 10:02 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I feel if you are old enough to be drafted into the army and be sent off to die thousands of miles away, you are old enough to drink a beer or smoke some pot if you choose to.
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axeplay View Post
    Personally I feel if you are old enough to be drafted into the army and be sent off to die thousands of miles away, you are old enough to drink a beer or smoke some pot if you choose to.
    So by that logic, you should be allowed to put anything you want into your body if you are old enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    The FDA is a shitty organization, with political (read: monetary) motivations.

The Controlled Substances Act is borderline unconstitutional, and at the very least completely ridiculous.
    Except that there is no profit margin in any of this, and the war on drugs is a massive loss in a number of areas beyond being an absolute failure in its attempt? What motivations could the FDA possibly have in this?

http://nationalcannabiscoalition.com/radio/ Great show LIVE now btw... Check it out
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Weed does the same thing as alcohol, I have personally seen people throw their lives away from the crap as well as cause accidents while under the influence just like alcohol. Should it be legalized? Sure, it's not as detrimental to your health (especially your liver) as alcohol and does the same thing, but it should only be for 21 or older unless supervised by a guardian (same as alcohol)
    It is not legal for a minor (under 21) to consume alcohol in the U.S, even with parental supervision. Also pot does not do the same thing as alcohol. In general, alcohol contracts brain tissue and depresses the central nervous system, where as pot affects cannabinoid receptors. They are entirely different chemical reactions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So by that logic, you should be allowed to put anything you want into your body if you are old enough, right?

Except that there is no profit margin in any of this, and the war on drugs is a massive loss in a number of areas beyond being an absolute failure in its attempt? What motivations could the FDA possibly have in this?
    1. Ummm, yes.
    2. Employment. You end the war on Drugs and you suddenly have a large number of police, agents, prisons, lawyers, guards, soldiers, lobbyists, etc. with no real justification for their existence
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Alcohol and weed should both be set at 18, with harsher DUI/DWI penalties to discourage drunk/high driving more.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    1. Ummm, yes.
    2. Employment. You end the war on Drugs and you suddenly have a large number of police, agents, prisons, lawyers, guards, soldiers, lobbyists, etc. with no real justification for their existence
    For #2, offer them jobs on the weed farm. Weed farm needs lots of security. BOOM!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was legalized, the commercials for it would be AWESOME.

Deleted
    18 same as in holland , though , i am 17 and smoked weed since i was 14-15 so , easy to obtain :P

This is coming from a 16 year old male (Me): We're going to get ahold of it either way. We do it with alcohol now, we'll find a way to do it with weed if it's 21+. You're better off just making it 18+.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Old enough to die for your country should = old enough to drink a damn beer.
    ^ this x100.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do not think there should be an age restriction. If you want to use that whole reasoning on how booze and cigs hurt teens more then let them smoke it from a vaporizer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if you want to make that decision and live with those consequences. You can remove all the illegal drugs from the world, and the next day, some people will huff glue. Or gasoline. Or something. My point isn't that we should glamorize substance abuse. My point was if the government can decide to potentially kill you by a certain age, then people should also have the right to do what they want with their own bodies, so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

Also, if you don't think their is profit to be made in the FDA, why don't you look up how many times officials in that administration have taken bribes from giant corporations. Namely pharmaceutical companies that dispense "safe" legal drugs that cause thousands of deaths daily. In fact the DEA considers pharmaceuticals to be the biggest threat to public safety as far as substance abuse is concerned. Yet Xanax is legal and just as easy if not more so to obtain than illicit substances.
    Last edited by axeplay; 2012-07-16 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Of course. People always preach about liberty and stuff but when it comes to drugs suddenly your body does not belong to you. It's my body i should be able to do whatever i want with it.
    I really don't understand the other logics.