Motherboard doesn't do POST

Hello.
    I had a thread about this same problem, except I didn't know what the problem was (still don't.. ) thought it was PSU / Mobo. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1149787-PSU-problem here's the old thread.
    Anyway, the problem is, I just bought new motherboard (P8Z77-V Pro), new memory (Gskill Ripjaws 8gb), new processor (Intel I5 3570K) and new PSU (not the same as in old thread, new one is Corsair 650 TX V2. I installed motherboard, everything, plugged in all cables, but the motherboard doesn't do POST. It doesn't do any beeps.

My old motherboard had the same issue ever since I swapped the PSU and case. I thought it was PSU, sent back the one I had bought and ordered new one. In the meanwhile I installed back my older PSU, and it did the same thing. Same thing on old motherboard, new PSU (650TXV2). Now this new motherboard, new all does the same thing. The old one I could get to boot by powering it up and off until it booted, but even then it gave error messages about NVRAM or something and BIOS. This new one I haven't atleast yet got to even boot.

All help, tips, things to try, anything is really welcome.. If I can't get it fixed in a week I'll take it somewhere for someone to check out.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the specs still
    Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    RAM : Gskill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB)
    CPU: Intel I5 3570K
    GPU : Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
    PSU : Corsair 650 TX V2
    Case : Coolermaster Enforcer

Does it power on at all?

It powers on, same way as it would with no EATX plugged in. The fans start, lights come on and all, but it doesn't do POST or any beeps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    It powers on, same way as it would with no EATX plugged in. The fans start, lights come on and all, but it doesn't do POST or any beeps.
    Did you try to boot up using a single stick of RAM switched out in any socket to see if that has any effect?

Also did you use the brass spacers to park the mobo in the case?

No to first, yes to second. This started happening on my old mobo, after i installed it in new case. Could the brass spacers be the cause? Can i even install the mobo in the case without the spacers? Anyway, ill try th RAM thing tomorrow, thanks for replies thus far. Ill post back if RAM thing helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Did you try to boot up using a single stick of RAM switched out in any socket to see if that has any effect?

Also did you use the brass spacers to park the mobo in the case?
    LOL ^^ First computer build I did many years ago I was like wtf are all these extra screws for. Shit was out of allignment and it didnt boot, Ended up frying the board and having to trade it in. That was in 99 when I was a wee lad. Id start with double checking all connections and reseating RAM, video, and any other cards you might have. Id try starting it with a screw driver on the jumper pins and see if that starts it. There might be a short in one of your case power wires ot were accidently wired wrong to the mobo. If you have a multimeter you can check if a power supply is producing the right power also. MAke sure you check that the psu is setup for 120 or 220 depending on where you are.
    Last edited by demonskies; 2012-07-17 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had to RMA an ASUS board (although it wasn't that exact one) because it wouldn't POST if it had more than one stick of RAM in it. Ruled out the RAM. It would run fine as long as there was only one stick in, but if I tried to use both it would throw error 55 (no mem installed). Updated BIOS, no luck, had to RMA.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-07-17 at 07:28 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

what position is the clear cmos jumper in?