10+ Year Old Account

Building Bruisers for lategame

Since I started playing bruisers, I found that I was dominating early game, falling off a bit but still strong midgame, but once team fights started I ended up dying in seconds, after doing barely any damage. Since then I decided I was building for too much damage and wasn't tanky enough. After deciding to build more tanky items like Wits End, Atma's and Warmogs, I have found myself surviving team fights with a much higher success rate since I could actually survive being focused for a few seconds.

My question is, what is the right way to build AD Bruisers for late game against; high Attack Damage opposition, or against high Ability Power opposition. I understand that this changes from champion to champion, game to game but I just want a standard build against heavy incoming AD damage, and one for heavy incoming AP damage. Any insight provided would be great. Thanks!

Deleted
    It depends on what champion you pick. I often play Yorick and Riven top, both building completely opposite of eachother.

You'll generally build mostly tanky, like Randuin's (early HoG), Frozen Mallet/Warmog's, Aegis. I often see 1/2 offensive items depending on well it goes. Irelia synchronizes fantastically with Trinity Force, so you get this early on. Other good items are Nature's, Wit's End, Atma's (only if against heavy ad since it got nerfed bad), Frozen Heart (only recommended if you have mana).

If you give champions you like, it's easier to say. You are a bruiser, maybe even the tank depending on your jungler, build accordingly.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    My question is, what is the right way to build AD Bruisers for late game against; high Attack Damage opposition, or against high Ability Power opposition. I understand that this changes from champion to champion, game to game but I just want a standard build against heavy incoming AD damage, and one for heavy incoming AP damage. Any insight provided would be great. Thanks!
    There is no standart way, actually. Good endgame items are: warmogs, randuins, f.heart, n.force, wits end, maw, and GA. But you have to decide what items you want each game for yourself, depending on enemy team and even your team.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

15+ Year Old Account
    Core items and then build against your opposition.

I find myself almost always building Frozen Mallet + Atma's + Maw of Malmortius...such a good combination of armor, magic resist, and damage.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Depends 100% on the champion. Quite a few bruisers enjoy frozen mallet, frozen heart and wits end though.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    nb: i only play blindpick < level 30 treeline, so my opinion probably won't mean shit, but i'll give it anyway.

When I play as Darius, I aim for my 4 core items, then go from there.
    Boots, Phage , Warmogs, Zeke's Herald

If we're snowballing / I know we have the stronger end game team, i'll turn this into:
    Berserker's Greaves, Trinity Force, Warmogs, Zeke's Herald, then start focusing on: Ionic Spark + The Black Cleaver

If we're getting destroyed / I know they have stronger end game, then i'll look at building more defensively:
    Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads, Frozen Mallet, Warmogs, Zeke's Herald, then start focusing on : Thornmail/Force of Nature + Randuin's Omen

Obviously building armour vs AD teams or MR vs AP teams. If there's a mix, then I just go for whoever appears to be the biggest threat/i'm laning against at the time of purchasing.

Alot of bruisers falloff lategame, renekton, singed, GP come to mind.

Some bruisers that stay effective lategame are: Riven, Yorick (due to his ult:P) and malphite.
    N