Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which classes are usualy top KB/damage in bg's?

Not like kb/damage are of any value, but I'm just a casual player who enjoys doing a bg or two, relaxing, melting faces and I'm looking for a fun and strong class to do so in solo-bg's.

Thank you!

Deleted
    I think feral druids and mages are quite good for that, maybe even a blood dk.

Deleted
    non-blood Dk's and fire mages.

Mage is pretty fun to do bgs with if you can avoid the multiple healers that dispel each other.

As a shaman, I can very often top damage done in a bg as either elemental or enhancement, and if I'm not on top then I'm definitely in the top 3 (unless I joined like half way through, and even then I sometimes reach the top).

Any dps spec is capable of topping the kb and damage meters, as long as the player has good gear, knows what he's doing and is ignoring battleground objectives.

I'd also like to mention that KB > damage, since a wounded player can still cc, heal and deal damage. A dead player can't.

That said, some classes have it easier.

1. Frost DK, Ret Paladin, Arms Warrior - these three specs are extremely strong at topping kb's and damage. If you add a pocket healer - they will top the meters as long as they're good.
    2. Hunters, Mages, SPriests, Ele Sham are also up there if played well, but they rely on kiting, thus, sometimes they lose momentum.
    3. Affli Locks and Owls can top damage meters, but usualy they don't get the KB. Ferals are ok'ish at both.
    4. Rogues are ok, but not great.
    Last edited by Denys; 2012-07-18 at 02:50 PM.

Any DoT class will really pump out some damage if they have a rathrak/cunning. DoT's across the map will proc your cunning and shadowbolts will go flying at everyone near your DoTed target.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

me, 40 yards away nuking people down running and casting, and if the enemy sucks pve gear goes on and i usually get 4 kills a minute - elemental.

got DTR rathrak/cunning hc.

Frost DK's or fire mages.

I once ran across a full pve heroic geared boommkin with 3 pocket healers. Critted 82k starsurges on 4.5k resil and ended up topping 10+ mil damage by the end of the bg.

Honestly, whoever is doing the right stuff and knows how to play will have top KBs. You can take any class and any spec (aside from healers and maybe tanks) and do well in random BGs. It is about knowing where the battles are, who is weak and being able to switch targets quickly to go beat on that low health guy. It also helps if you can go 1v2 on occasion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Honestly, whoever is doing the right stuff and knows how to play will have top KBs. You can take any class and any spec (aside from healers and maybe tanks) and do well in random BGs. It is about knowing where the battles are, who is weak and being able to switch targets quickly to go beat on that low health guy. It also helps if you can go 1v2 on occasion.
    This, it's not about the class. It's about the player who plays the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret pally in full BiS gear from DS, I only have about 5 pieces of BiS for my ret set and still usually end up #1 in dmg and KBs when I do a BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    when i do random bg's with my hunter i often find myself among the top KB's

10+ Year Old Account
    I find non-unholy DKs, Hunters, and Rets in the top spot normally, generally followed by a well geared rogue or mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Ret pally in full BiS gear from DS, I only have about 5 pieces of BiS for my ret set and still usually end up #1 in dmg and KBs when I do a BG.
    lol same here. ilvl 401 pve gear. I dont even wear a pvp trinket. Got laughed at by my guildies when i got wrecking ball wearing 0 resil.

Good players.

The best classes are the ones usually played by the best players. Meaning ALL CLASSES CAN BE GOOD IN THE HAND OF A SKILLED PLAYER. Stop with the "What is the most OP class so I can play that". If you're bad you are bad and the class won't make you good.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    frost DK, warrior, ret pala, rogue, hunters, *some* mages are what im seeing way ahead of any other class for killin blows atm..... ferals and most casters r pretty shit for killin blows as they probly get their kills nicked at the death them first 4 ;p
    it also depends how you *pvp in BG*,, if your in a big group pewpewing everything in site then killin blows will be % based on whos lucky at the time etc etc,, if your a loner or got 1 or 2 helpers then its easier, aslong you avoid being ambushed or walkin into huge crowds...
    ferals i find particularly terribad for killin blows, some fukker always walses passed and nicks the kill after your hard work lol

and for those of you who say "its the player not the class" then have a fukkin day off will ya lol....class is more important than the player in this scenario (always has been imo,,, RMP anyone? still? after all these years? pff), its the player who decides how they use that class to their or others advantage/disadvantage.... some classes melt faces with ease and have sweet finisher type kill moves, other classes take more work and a kill is trickier to get...

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    non-blood Dk's and fire mages.

Mage is pretty fun to do bgs with if you can avoid the multiple healers that dispel each other.
    What are you talking about? I top on my Blood DK all the time, its just a matter of skill, not class.

From what i have seen so far.
    1) Ele Shamans
    2) Hunters
    3) Mages
    4) Rogues
    Rogues are top 'cuz most of them just wait for target to go low hp and then ambush him