10+ Year Old Account

MoP: Arms warrior of Frost DK?

For the first time I am feeling very indecisive about what class I want to level up first in MoP and raid on. Generally I level my warrior and then my DK. I have been fulfilling multiple raid roles on my warrior and DK through the last 2 expansions. However my game time is going to be a bit more restricted in MoP due to #life. I am thinking I may just cut back to 1 character per tier for the most part. Are there any long term warrior and DKs in the beta that can speak on the comparison of feel and fun factor of both the Arms and Frost DPS roles?

I have been trying to read up on both and from what I have been seeing it seems like it's more of the, "We are not sure if we need to continue to tweak warriors. You are UP then OP. Argggg". I am feeling a bit frustrated about the futzing about that Blizzard always does while trying to deal with the frustrations of rage generation. Thats one reason I am thinking of just going Frost; I feel like it will be consistent at the start of MoP and not still being tuned.

I am also thinking fun factor. I really like dual wielding and I am feeling that TG isn't going to be nearly as competitive as Arms will be at the start of MoP... and maybe not at all? So my next option would be dual wield DK frost. On live I like both warrior DPS specs and the DK frost spec. Do they feel drastically different on beta? Does one seem more fun to a long term plate DPSer?

Thanks for any input guys. Just feeling frustrated with the lack of time I am going to have to play come the next expansion and want to make the most of my time in game.

Thanks,

~Chaddd

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta Warrior has been a constant disappointment. Blizzard has no real idea of what they wanted to do and are just screwing around with things. The fun feeling of rage flow has been destroyed and the Devs actually seem to think its better that we run out of rage and have nothing to attack with. They are going the wrong direction to fix a problem that was never really a problem, Rage scaling. If anything they should have made rage almost infinite from the start and the class CD based, because then at least it would be fun, unlike this slow rage empty GCD bullshit they put on the PTR.

I leveled a DK, I tried to main it this expansion, but it's a turd class, a warrior knock off given preferential treatment by a bunch of assholes.

Any expansion where the warrior class isn't top tier is not one worth buying! So I am looking to play a Norn Warrior now.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    For the first time I am feeling very indecisive about what class I want to level up first in MoP and raid on. Generally I level my warrior and then my DK. I have been fulfilling multiple raid roles on my warrior and DK through the last 2 expansions. However my game time is going to be a bit more restricted in MoP due to #life. I am thinking I may just cut back to 1 character per tier for the most part. Are there any long term warrior and DKs in the beta that can speak on the comparison of feel and fun factor of both the Arms and Frost DPS roles?

I have been trying to read up on both and from what I have been seeing it seems like it's more of the, "We are not sure if we need to continue to tweak warriors. You are UP then OP. Argggg". I am feeling a bit frustrated about the futzing about that Blizzard always does while trying to deal with the frustrations of rage generation. Thats one reason I am thinking of just going Frost; I feel like it will be consistent at the start of MoP and not still being tuned.

I am also thinking fun factor. I really like dual wielding and I am feeling that TG isn't going to be nearly as competitive as Arms will be at the start of MoP... and maybe not at all? So my next option would be dual wield DK frost. On live I like both warrior DPS specs and the DK frost spec. Do they feel drastically different on beta? Does one seem more fun to a long term plate DPSer?

Thanks for any input guys. Just feeling frustrated with the lack of time I am going to have to play come the next expansion and want to make the most of my time in game.

Thanks,

~Chaddd
    Fury is better than arms by a pretty good amount on beta..
    SMF beats TG!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Fury is better than arms by a pretty good amount on beta..
    SMF beats TG!
    How, Why, and Numbers.

Warrior, why ? Because DK's are the worst class added to this game, basically what Korgoth said.

They have been changing a lot in the beta and still need a bit more focus to get feel right, Rage gen is a bit low but GC has indicated that they will be buffing it in the next build or so. I am actually looking forward to all the changes , especially the new talent system

I am glad to hear SMF is beating out TG for a change, as much as I like TG, it is more or less a "flavor" talent I have always prefered Dual 1H and being somewhat of a rogue in plate so to speak.

I've played a Warrior since 2004, but you can't say DKs are a bad class. They bringing incredible and envious utility to a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    How, Why, and Numbers.
    Have some numbers here from a test dummy with the lvl 90 pvp gear.

- Arms= 79k dps
    - TG = 86k
    - SMF = 89k

Also this was done with the last 30 seconds with full execution phase (dummy's at Argent Tournament)
    Yes, the dummy is lower lvl, but a real fight also has execution phase.

Normal 85 hc dummy, no execution phase.

- Arms: 49k
    - TG: 53k
    - SMF: 58k

just some input, but, you're pretty likely to deal with "fine tunings" no matter what class you played. so most likely your dk and your warrior will have nerfs/buffs done to them within the first few weeks.