Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Loot council is and will always be the fairest, safest, quickest way to distribute loot
    By what definition of "fair", "safe" and "quick"? DKP/EPGP are as fast as your computer can run an algorithm (unless you do some retarded bidding rounds), which is certainly faster than any council, it's also "safe" is the sense that it will always work exactly the same way and there's no risk of human failure that loot council has. "Fairness" can be debated endlessly, but point systems are fair in the sense that everyone knows exactly how the loot will be distributed beforehand and there are no changes or favoritism ever. I have a hard time seeing any area where loot council would always be better, while I see many ways in which it can fail in spectacularly.

Loot Council is the #1 best system if the people on the loot council can be trusted 100% completely to not be personally biased and will do what's best for the guild progression.

If not, EPGP is the way to go.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    as a 10 man guild you schouldn't need to have a specific loot system, but if you have to then go for a loot council and talk to people about it saying something like we prioritice getting bob the tank his 4 pieces tier bonus because it is awesome and would really make some encounters easier. Some people talk about how hard it is to get people to understand why you give certain people the loot but it is mostly not that bad if they get a good explanation, that usually ends with its for the good of the raid.
    Dkp imo is something that is good to use in 25 man guilds, where you also can apply certain loot restrictions from the guild leadership in order to help your raid, stuff like bill the arms warri is our off-tank so we will give him the second specc tank gear instead of frank the holy pala who only tanks in lfd.
    But dkp is more something that you can use if you have a big guild to run and want to have a fair system where you bid for items, but it is administratively time consuming so therefor in a 10 man format i don't think that it brings good things to the table. Also with dkp certain classes in your raid will always end up having an easier time getting alot of their items cheaply and then be able to have enough points saved up to effectively outbid everyone else when tier tokens or trinkets are on the table.
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2012-07-19 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    I've run several systems including Loot Council in a 10man guild over the past two expansions at least. I'd say EPGP is the best option out there. We usually say that a new member can't win anything in their first week unless it'd be DE'd so that any initial spike in their ratio doesn't "harm" long term members.

We used to use Loot Council and actually found it more work than an EPGP system but I think that was in part down to our class selection. If your raids have very little gear overlap eg 3 clothies, 2 leather, 2 mail, 3 dps with a good role spread then I think loot council CAN work as it will very rarely need to make decisions. Ofc that theory is blown out of the water by the most desired drops, tier.

We're using the need/greed default system of WoW.. in 10 man, I really see no need for loot system. People are passing/trading stuff to spread out the loot.

I used EPGP in 25 man... too many people passing on upgrades to bank points for their BiS trinkets/rings/neck that they share with everybody... the system will only work if nobody EVER pass on a piece of loot that is an upgrade for them. I tried everything in 3 years to make it work better.. and I still saw people pass on wands because it was a small upgrade to keep their priority up in hopes of better pieces like Trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    the system will only work if nobody EVER pass on a piece of loot that is an upgrade for them. I tried everything in 3 years to make it work better.. and I still saw people pass on wands because it was a small upgrade to keep their priority up in hopes of better pieces like Trinkets.
    The way we fixed this was to force gear onto people. When nobody wanted a piece of gear we made a list of everyone that it was an upgrade for, rolled between them and the winner had to pay for the item. It wasn't nice when we had to do it, but it's better than having to DE upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    The way we fixed this was to force gear onto people. When nobody wanted a piece of gear we made a list of everyone that it was an upgrade for, rolled between them and the winner had to pay for the item. It wasn't nice when we had to do it, but it's better than having to DE upgrades.
    That was essentially our solution, we use a DKP system where if it's an upgrade raiders are expected to roll on it, if they don't and we find out we dock them a small amount of DKP.