Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

71-year-old gunman shot robbers in internet cafe

A 71-year old man thwarted a robbery at a Florida internet cafe on Friday when he shot two would-be assailants and the entire ordeal was captured on security tape.

The two robbers burst through the doors of the Palms Internet Cafe in Ocala and ordered everyone to get down as they waved a handgun at dozens of customers.

But they didn't expect Samuel Williams to pull out his own weapon and fire, injuring both of the criminals and saving the lives of his fellow Floridians.

The two had started to collect cellphones to prevent patrons from calling the police when Mr Williams started shooting.

One of them, not surprisingly, isn't enthralled with Mr Williams. He thinks that the elderly man should have stopped shooting once he was already on the ground.

'I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,' he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy should get an award.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

First of all, who the fuck robs and internet cafe ?
    Second, he didn't save anyone, in fact he endangered everyone. Starting a shooting is never a good idea in any situation. He succeeded this time but next time he might as well cause a bloodbath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the robbers dropped some epic loots.

Seriously though, the world is a better place with 2 less scumbags in it.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Second, he didn't save anyone, in fact he endangered everyone. Starting a shooting is never a good idea in any situation. He succeeded this time but next time he might as well cause a bloodbath.
    I agree with this... When he first started shooting there's someone just walking past him and a few other times also... What if the robbers didn't flee but returned fire also. I'm the owner of a hand gun (And other's) and have my Concealed Carry license. So I'm all for protecting yourself ect. But this wasn't a heroic thing at all... Could have caused more harm then good.

That video was funny. The only thing that I see could've gone wrong is if the old man had horribly bad aim and killed a few innocents. But he didn't, and he saved them, so good for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have had the headline "Two Treasure Goblins Got More Than They Bargained For"
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

I agree with this. People committing armed robberies are there for the money, it's not very likely that they'll hurt anyone if they get what they want. The last thing you want is some "good samaritan" potentially starting a shootout that could harm the other people in the room. Let them take the money, then have the police find them afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I think it was one of those places where people go to gamble. But they call it an 'internet cafe.'

Second, he didn't save anyone, in fact he endangered everyone.
    I'd say that it was the would-be robbers who endangered everyone. Not the victim reacting to a couple criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second, he didn't save anyone, in fact he endangered everyone. Starting a shooting is never a good idea in any situation. He succeeded this time but it might as well have caused a bloodbath.
    I have a concealed weapons permit as well, and I will not stop shooting until the threat is neutralized, completely. I do not care if they are on the ground either. If they are on the ground, they had better throw their weapons away, or they will be dead in the next shot. You have no right to tell me I cannot fire at a threat that is threatening my life.

What this man did was very much in his right. I applaud him, as I would do the same.

As others have said, I highly doubt he saved anyone's life. More likely than not (and judging by how they reacted), the robbers were a couple punks who thought they could wave a gun and bully people around. If they hadn't been, a firefight could have broken out that may have injured or killed some of the bystanders.

But I'm all for it. If citizens are allowed to carry weapons on them, they should have every right to wield it in a situation where their life is threatened.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment this man was training for in the cafe.

He had every right to do what he did, assuming concealed carry is legal in his state and he has his permit.

I'm shocked he had such good aim at such an age.

it was stupid of the old guy he could have got himself and innocent bystanders killed

People keep saying "something could've gone wrong, the old man could've fucked up." But I think that's unfair to say that. It didn't happen. The old man succeeded. There are a million scenarios that could've come out of this situation. It could've ended up as a hostage scenario if the criminals got scared when the cops arrived. They could've killed someone because we don't know what their intentions were, they might just think lightly of killing people. We don't know, because it didn't happen, because the old man stopped it from happening and spiraling into something else.

There are SO MANY different scenarios that could've happened had no one acted out, and yet people are hung up on what the old man could've done wrong. I think it was brave of him to do it, and he succeeded, so good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    I have a concealed weapons permit as well, and I will not stop shooting until the threat is neutralized, completely.
    I feel so comfortable knowing that people walking around with concealed weapon permits think they're in Rainbow Six or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    If you take a risk that involves the lives of innocents, you shouldn't be a hero just because you got lucky.
    Isn't that what police do everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    I agree with this... When he first started shooting there's someone just walking past him and a few other times also... What if the robbers didn't flee but returned fire also. I'm the owner of a hand gun (And other's) and have my Concealed Carry license. So I'm all for protecting yourself ect. But this wasn't a heroic thing at all... Could have caused more harm then good.
    I find it hard to believe if you were there and you were armed that you would just sit by and let them rob you. Also being the owner of several handguns I would have done the same thing this oldtimer did. It's easy to over analyze the situation from a video camera. Until you are there please don't judge what he did. Who knows what these idiots would have done. You think a cop isn't doing the same thing this guy did?

Deleted
    2 lvl78 hunters tried to raid a Horde village.

Then a 85 Hordie showed up and they ran away.

At 0:33 to 0:35 you can clearly see that one was slowed, the other used the Disengage buff.

Though I wonder why nobody had their pets with them.