Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Update your launchers for BWE3

Just a suggestion, so you don't have to do it during playtime. I'm doing it now and the patch is huge, so I'm letting run all night. Especially if this is your first Beta weekend, you might not realize this. Download and patch up the client now so you don't have to do it later. It will take a while
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I'm scared to after everything I've been reading tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, after seeing all the people complaining of errors and stuff disappearing, I'm scared to even touch it. :<

Just updated mine, nothing bad happened. Didn't take that long as it wasn't that big of a file (assuming you have been updating it on a regular basis).

10+ Year Old Account
    The issues with the launcher are fixed, you don't have to worry about it.

If it happens again, the -useoldlauncher is a work around, but I don't think it will.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I like the new launcher.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Hm, I downloaded it for first time, took around an hour to complete and then it was a small update yesterday... anything other big added since then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hm, I downloaded it for first time, took around an hour to complete and then it was a small update yesterday... anything other big added since then?
    Small patch today, then another small patch to fix the bug from the first patch lol.
    Maybe a couple of hundred MB (I wasn't really watching).

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh Ive got a big one

and the patch is quite big too.

Deleted
    I basically had to reinstall my entire game, it refused to start the launcher at all (like, a process started but nothing happened on screen so after furious attempts at clicking the icon I found I had 20 GW2 launcher processes running -.-'). 20GB download. Yay Swedish internet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    tbh Ive got a big one

and the patch is quite big too.
    I am Tim Canterbury, looking wryly.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'm scared to after everything I've been reading tonight.
    I'd updated the launcher a couple of days ago and when I ran the launcher again just now, it only downloaded about 100 MB of data. Went without a hitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, my client size is still around 14,6gb large and I downloaded some small patch today (70mb +/-) but the launcher says it's 100% and there is nothing more to download.. please tell me that I'm not the only one and that everything is okay

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Damn, my client size is still around 14,6gb large and I downloaded some small patch today (70mb +/-) but the launcher says it's 100% and there is nothing more to download.. please tell me that I'm not the only one and that everything is okay
    If it says there's nothing to download don't worry My .dat file is 14.6gb

Only had a 150 mb update. Maybe you havn't updated it regulary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same issue last night and could not get the launcher to work as well as my shortcut saying the path did not exist. So i dragged the shortcut from my user file and started to download and now i believe it's downloading the whole game again. I am not too happy, and didn't this happen once before?

Its rolled out a bunch of small updates over the past week or so. Ive already updated the launcher 3x. If you dont do it regularly (cant blame you if you dont) then it can stack up to quite some updating.

I had a little problem at first but then just re-opened the Launcher and it was fine. Was a pretty big download, not sure myself as I left it on and went out.

While we're on the Beta subject...
    What time do beta servers go up tomorrow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I had a little problem at first but then just re-opened the Launcher and it was fine. Was a pretty big download, not sure myself as I left it on and went out.

While we're on the Beta subject...
    What time do beta servers go up tomorrow?
    http://gw2status.com/

I've downloaded this game before, haven't updated since BWE1, but right now I'm at 2gig and it's still at 10%... :S