Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm like ..re-new to Rift, i last played august 2011 only played a month or 2 got to 41, there were some dragon egg event thing going on iirc, been looking to fill my time and i discovered i had 3 free days ..yey me!

i just dinged 41 and i got some pop up, with Instant Adventures.

questions: whats instant adventures,

and what other things should i look to do in my 3 days that might make me reupp with Rift?

thanks for the advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    questions: whats instant adventures
    Instant Adventures are exactly as they sound

You click join and get thrown into an Instant raid group out in the open world, you get instantly ported to the group and basically you just "zerg" around the zone you're ported to doing instant pop-up quests

Standard fare, kill 10 of this, collect 10 of that, activate 5 of this...then kill a boss or defend a wardstone against large numbers of mobs

All this is dynamic, you can drop in and drop out at anytime, even if you do this at 3am in the morning, an Instant Adventure can begin with just you as a raid of 1

The quests and mobs will dynamically scale to the number of people, so if it's just you, nice and easy, 10 more join it ramps up, full raid of 20, lots of mobs

Also, you are now Mentored down to the appropiate level for the zone you get thrown into for an Instant Adventure, at the moment, each of the low level zones have their own separate IA's

Guardians get Silverwood and Gloamwood, you will get mentored down to level 14 for SW and level...24 i think for Gloamwood
    Likewise Defiants get Freemarch and Stonefield, same levels

Coming in 1.10 in just under 3 weeks will be Scarwood Reach IA but the big difference is that Guardians and Defiants will no longer be two separate Factions, you'll be able to group with each other for IA's, Dungeons, Raids, join each others Guilds so straight away the amount of IA's has doubled and so has the playerbase

TL: DR ? this is Instant Adventure

10+ Year Old Account
    So for IAs, if I get mentored down do I still collect XP at the same rate if I was, say, level 45 doing a 14 IA?

I joined one last night and it really was run around, zerg these mobs, collect these, kill big boss. It was chaos but it was fun and the XP is amazing. I'm really enjoying the game so far even if I'm just getting through the leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    So for IAs, if I get mentored down do I still collect XP at the same rate if I was, say, level 45 doing a 14 IA?

I joined one last night and it really was run around, zerg these mobs, collect these, kill big boss. It was chaos but it was fun and the XP is amazing. I'm really enjoying the game so far even if I'm just getting through the leveling.
    Yes, you get experience based on your actual level not your mentored level. So even at 50, mentored to 14, I receive XP as though I were killing level 50 mobs and completing level 50 quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yes, you get experience based on your actual level not your mentored level. So even at 50, mentored to 14, I receive XP as though I were killing level 50 mobs and completing level 50 quests.
    That is awesome.

My next question is if I downloaded the Rift Lite and bought the Standard Edition upgrade, do I need to download another client or will I be able to access the Standard Edition content with the client I've already downloaded?
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

I do believe they are the same client. I know when I was unsubbed I was able to use my same client/account to play Rift-Lite. I just couldn't log onto any of my toons that were over level 20. If the file size of your client is 9 GB then it is the regular client.

Deleted
    That is awesome.

My next question is if I downloaded the Rift Lite and bought the Standard Edition upgrade, do I need to download another client or will I be able to access the Standard Edition content with the client I've already downloaded?
    It's the same client =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    It's the same client =)
    Yes indeed it is. Upgraded to Standard edition, paid my subscription fee, and joined a guild already. The game has just begun.
    Accept your limitations.

Deleted
    Yes indeed it is. Upgraded to Standard edition, paid my subscription fee, and joined a guild already. The game has just begun.
    I was in exactly the same position a week ago =D
    Hope you have fun!

Deleted
    I was suitably impressed in my 3 days i went and brought the £70 for the Expansion and 12 months sub, maybe i was too deep in my post wow burnout when i played it last year.

Managed to get to 50, had fun doing it, and when i got to 50 there seemed to be plenty to open up, chronicles, dungeons, warzones, achievements,instant adventures so i had no hesitation in subbing.

I just need to find myself a good guild and hit those 50 normals before going to the Ember isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was suitably impressed in my 3 days i went and brought the £70 for the Expansion and 12 months sub, maybe i was too deep in my post wow burnout when i played it last year.
    I don't think you're alone. It seems to be a common trend with many MMO launches people are either to attached to their current game and can't see the trees through the forest and are quick to shoot a game down as failure or it's just not for them in very short amount of play time. Rift has really gone through a massive transformation since launch though.

I think many people like yourself who are now giving it a second look have a different opinion of the game and also the dev team has show their commitment to the game. I'm not sure if my anecdotal evidence has any credibility but I think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    and also the dev team has show their commitment to the game.
    I think that helps alot, one of the reason's i was trying rift was i was sick and tired of waiting for BW to drop some content for me to do on TOR, i dont ask for awesome raids, dungeons and events every month, but just give me something regularly and thats where Trions reputation of doing just that appealed too me.

It also helped me in my decision to take on the 12 months thing, after blizzards annual pass fiasco, i was ofc wary of taking out another annual subscription offer, but i was suprised that Storm legion is due out in the "Fall" after finding that out i saw that this offer would give me content for my game in my 12 months unlike blizzards offer.

Still enjoying the game, its nice to have lots to do, still iffing and arring about joining a guild i dont want to join a huge big one thats inpersonal and Argent EU doesnt seem to have an abundance of mid sized guilds. it seems to be big ones or little ones.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-29 at 08:44 AM.

I think that helps alot, one of the reason's i was trying rift was i was sick and tired of waiting for BW to drop some content for me to do on TOR, i dont ask for awesome raids, dungeons and events every month, but just give me something regularly and thats where Trions reputation of doing just that appealed too me.

It also helped me in my decision to take on the 12 months thing, after blizzards annual pass fiasco, i was ofc wary of taking out another annual subscription offer, but i was suprised that Storm legion is due out in the "Fall" after finding that out i saw that this offer would give me content for my game in my 12 months unlike blizzards offer.

Still enjoying the game, its nice to have lots to do, still iffing and arring about joining a guild i dont want to join a huge big one thats inpersonal and Argent EU doesnt seem to have an abundance of mid sized guilds. it seems to be big ones or little ones.
    patch 1.10 allows you to join a defiant guild or defiant to join guardian guild, so this should double your chances of finding a guild suitable to your liking and surely some low roster guilds will have ranks bolstered.

Deleted
    Just did GSB today. The whole bunny phase at Prince Hylas makes the entire game better than any other game, for ever!