Poll: Have you ever stolen something?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I've torrented a lot of things. The only time I've ever stolen something physical was by accident though. I picked up a pack of gum in a WalMart and didn't have a buggy or anything so I put it in my jacket pocket. I forgot about it later and walked out with it. I don't know why the alarms at the door didn't trigger.
    Because those only work when a little "chip" inside something, usually high dollar items, isn't deactivated by going through the register.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I download music online.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    The question is - have you ever stolen something?

It can be anywhere from toys at a friends house to items at a store.

I remember stealing some lego and an action figure at my neighbours house when I was very little, and he never noticed it(he had so many of them )
    I also once stole some chewing gum at a store, when I was like 10 years old, the owner saw it though and I apologized and gave it back and he told me never do it again. That's the only two cases I've ever stolen something. I was around 10 years old in both cases.
    Anyone who says no is lying.
    You might not have planned to steal something in your life but you have one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yes i did. When i was really small kid i was once in toystore with my father, there was this open lego presentation with few sets build. I stole knight minifigure. It felt like greatest crime for next few years.

Yep, HOMM3, but it made me buy the game some days after..5 dollar's xD

I proboaly stole other digital things, but I can't recall now. Its very little, since I don't download.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I stole one of those spring loaded wall anchor things from a hardware store, because it was cool and I thought it looked like an alligator mouth when I closed it. I was like 5.

One incident that comes to mind is 100% accident

Every day after school from 6th grade to sophomore year of HS, when I got off of school I would go with my neighbor/best friend at the time who was 3 years older than me. we'd walk to the walgreens near our house. It's 1 minute drive flat from our neighborhood, and about a 20 minute take-your-time walk. we'd always go, browse everything, we'd each buy a soda and some type of candy and go home. Basically, we were given $3-$5 every day from your parents. s'what we did.

I remember one time we had a lot more money, and we were carrying a bunch of bullcrap. I forgot all what we were carrying, but the basis was: my candy that I was buying? I put in my hoodie pockets thinking "I'll just take it out at the register since my hands are full"

20 minutes later we get to his house, I take off my hoodie and feel it all heavy, loaded, make noises.. I stare at him and just go "uh oh."
    we kept going back there several times, never got caught. free $5 in candy!

Hrm... i got have been stolen a lot by so called friends :c
    But once i stole something from one of them.. but i dont remember what it was..i think a cd or somethin.
    Yeah and during a pretty fucked up time i worked at a medical wholesaler (internship for an apprenticeship got less then 200€ a month from the state during it and nothing from the wholesaler). i was cutting myself during that time and since they treated me like shit anyway i stole some surgical blades...
    well on the upside at least they were sterile. should have stolen a lot more there though since they really exploited me there and ditn give a shit about if i learn something or not. But i really am scared to get caught. x.x

Oh yeah and i download very heavily from the net including music, hd movies and games, but i dont feel really bad about it. thing is i dont have much money anyway (well i got some saved, since i dont spend much atm but will need it soon enough for moving out and stuff) and couldnt buy it anyway. i did pay for wow again for a while and bought new hardware, and from time to time i buy games too.
    gta 5 will be a day 1 buy as soon as it comes out on pc. :x
    but i consider that not stealing anyway because i take away from no one. if i would have more cash i would buy more. oh and i buy a lot of stuff on some steam sales.
    Last edited by kakihara; 2013-05-05 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Everyone that said "No" is lying. Everyone has stolen something.
    I can legitimately say that I have never stolen anything, I thought about but I never did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just music and V-cards.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Anyone who says no is lying.
    You might not have planned to steal something in your life but you have one way or another.
    Not everyone steals.

Deleted
    I Remember Stealing some cash from my Mom's purse to buy Wrath of the Lich King :P

Deleted
    I used to steal a tiny bit of money from my mom's purse every day/week back when I was 10-12 or something. Then every while I would treat my friends some food at the local baker

10+ Year Old Account
    when i was a kid my mother use to let me just stand at the pick n mix section of the shop and eat stuff, never any staff there.
    as an adult ive never stolen anything, unless you count pirated films.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    I have and continue to download movies, tv shows and video games.
    But shearing is not stealing, regardless of how much that sharing hurts the producers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    I can legitimately say that I have never stolen anything, I thought about but I never did.
    But you have. It doesn't have to be a tangible item. For example, if you've ever had a job and weren't working 100% of the time, you are stealing time from your employer. Everyone has stolen something in one way or another, and it's not really even something you should be ashamed of. Hell, I've seen some of those "aptitude" tests some companies make you take before they consider you for hiring. They work off the assumption that people steal, and usually filters out those applications where people say they have never stolen something.