Thread: Final gw2 beta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    They never wiped the other beta toons before the next beta's.
    If so then ill try to hit 30 i was 27 i think.

If not then ill do another class but as sylvari, i dont want to burn out the classes i want to play at release.
    There has been a character wipe.
    Before and immediately following this final Beta Weekend Event we’ll delete all existing beta information.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be rolling an Asura and Sylvari Ranger. I'll go through a few levels on both to figure out which animations I like more and what other visual differences there might be. Then I'll stepping into WvW for the rest of the weekend.

Epic times will be had.

Deleted
    Going to test NA server connections and probably sPvP all the way, with some WvW in there.

Anyone know where to find some beta codes? I want to try out this final beta since TERA is garbage and WoW is boring till MoP but all the sites seem to be out of keys.

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    Going to agree here. If guild wars 2 fails me like so many others have done in the past, I think I will be done with mmo's in general.
    Same here. GW2 or nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniAR View Post
    Personally im going to find out fasterst way to reach 30, and support my alliance on WvWvW battles
    What do you mean alliance? you mean server?

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Going to test NA server connections and probably sPvP all the way, with some WvW in there.
    What is sPvP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    What do you mean alliance? you mean server?

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:18 PM ----------

What is sPvP?
    Structured PvP

Deleted
    I'll be running around making impressed noises at everything.

Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I played WOW (and still sometimes play although my account has lapsed at the moment). The majority of people who were in my old guild have quit wow and almost every one of them has pre-ordered or plans on buying GW2. Some went to SWTOR but most quit that after a bit. I am not sure how long people will stay interested in GW2 but I am certain that it's going to be a hell of a blast in the beginning. They will really be missing out if they don't take a look.
    I tried SWtoR to level 15 and that was a struggle, so boring. Played GW2 and loved every minute of it from the start...also I can never go back WoW in its current state, not after seeing what GW2 is like.

if this small comparison is anything to go by for me I've found my new MMO. Also all my RL friends have decided to play it, and my guild from WoW will be coming across as well.

its not even a hard decision to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing Norn warrior before, but with the wipe I think i'll try Human or Charr, dont want to get too burned out on that Norn starting area before the game even launches.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    testing to see if ranger is still op with its constant combo move skills

umm, testing to see if NA ping is manageable in the UK

will try to test if some 3rd party programs work with the beta (for launch, mainly)

Aiming to get a character to 10 of every class,
    Building my 5 characters for launch and screen-shooting the appearance settings.
    Still unsure if i wish to try out every race

Streaming structured PvP and playing every single class probably :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    testing to see if ranger is still op with its constant combo move skills
    Not really trying to attack you here, but man do I find it funny how I've now heard 6/8 professions being called OP (After second beta.) now.

That said, I'll definitely want to see if they changed how Thief venom works. (With the pre-apply.)

kind of seems like the op is just trying to find something to complain about. the races are freaking fantastic and in combination with proffesions/personal story options/gear appearance changing you really have so many personal decisions to make. just try a couple races out and mess with some customization you might get interested in one. the sylvari have some of the coolest story and culture ever! and nothing is really elflike unless you mean the typical slender and dexterous builds of "tolkien elves" that the sylvari have... i guess they also have a connection with nature like elves... but theyre plants of course they like other plants >.>

I'm still trying to pin down what class I want to play.

I will probably roll Warrior because they'll be able to equip the most about of legendaries, and will probably look the most BAMF in the rarest gear. Yeah, I'm that type of person.

But I'll spend most of my time in structured PvP testing out class balance and write my thoughts in a forum post.

ranger or mezmer :S cant decide

new race and zone tho

Deleted
    Character creation first, will play along there for quite a while. Then wvwvw and structured pvp to try out professions and overall check how the game runs on my computer =)