Page 1 of 3
LastLast

can i get reported for this?

After downing madness in lfr, i was first to loot the chest. Due to real life issues arising, i promptly left my keyboard while still accessing the chest. Upon returning i was still in the chest and was accused of doing so to get more gold. While this was not my intent a player in the group reported me.

My question is can i get reported for this?

You can be reported for anything, doesnt mean you will be punished. You should be punished though, seeing as you are lying about it being unintentional. People have been doing this for awhile, and all of them knew what they were doing.

There is no way to keep people from receiving their share of gold or loot drops on a boss in LFR. If someone reports you, it more than likely wont do a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikkRees View Post
    There is no way to hog the gold or loot drops on a boss in LFR.
    wait for everyone to leave then click on the "gold" item... splits with less people

what real life issues stop you from not looting which would take all of 0.25 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    wait for everyone to leave then click on the "gold" item... splits with less people
    Oh, I stand corrected!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkRees View Post
    There is no way to keep people from receiving their share of gold or loot drops on a boss in LFR. If someone reports you, it more than likely wont do a thing.
    If you stand there accessing the chest without looting the gold you can. Gold doesn't go to people automatically, someone has to loot it from the chest/boss first. Since gold is evenly divided among the current party members if you don't loot it right away and instead wait for people to drop group you get more gold.
    As for getting into some kind of trouble for it, I'm not sure.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

You said they reported you so obviously you can get reported lol. You can get reported for anything.

Deleted
    Lol wierd reason to report you

easy fix for groups that have this happen.. Priest life grips the player away from the chest >.>

at least if a split of 375g is *that* important to ya

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will happen, they chose to leave before the good was looted

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is... What could possible have happened that prevented you from clicking Escape and closing the loot window?

Didn't you answer this question yourself when you said a player had already reported you? If so then yes you can be reported for this. If you meant can I receive disciplinary for this, then the answer is still yes. Though it all depends on if the GM is smart enough to see that you did it just to grief other players.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    My question is... What could possible have happened that prevented you from clicking Escape and closing the loot window?
    Nothing the OP just wants to have backup for the eventual action so he can email Blizzard and state that at least 50% of the people from an MMO-C board were stupid enough to believe him so Blizzard should as well.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely you are even remotely going to get punished OP, As everyone has stated people can report you for anything whatsoever.

You can get reported for anything, I doubt Blizzard will do anything about what you did.

Deleted
    I heard this from a couple of peeps. I can be done on the chest after ultraxion, spine and madness. Nice progress for the Got My Mind on My Money achievement.

Guarantee you that it would be considered griefing.

Are you only posting this here instead of yahoo questions because you're scared or something? Nobody cares and nothing will happen, calm down and go to sleep man.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been doing this for ages now and personally I don't understand why Blizzard hasn't made the choice to distribute gold on kill in any form of random instances.

Happens nearly everytime i do lfr

i either wait till there is only a few left and vote kick whoevers looting it so he gets nothing or if i'm queuing with my priest friend( like we did last week) get her to lifegrip whoever away from the chest while i loot it.

cant really see it being reportable tbh