Thread: So RBGs...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    blame pve, cunning and dragonwrath: while teams tended to be caster heavy since s9, this round of pve messing up pvp has jsut tipped the balance to extreme levels.

Deleted
    Blanket dotting and crazy random proc damage made healing on my priest an exercise in slamming my head against the key board. Went Shadow with my lovely poison dagger and cunning (thanks guildies!!) because if you can't beat then join them and kept my place for a while until I stopped playing RBGs because it's just not fun seeing what team can blanket dot the fastest with the most proc damage. I thought getting eaten from practically every passing warrior and unholy DK at the start of Cata was bad, but I adapted and at least our team could out stragetise that. What the hell are you supposed to do when that fire mage sets himself up a nice combustion with an impact proc with all the thousand other other dots in the field and your team is crying out for dispels?

Ya i feel ya, i miss s9 when u could run many diff comps. I got 2600 as prot pally, i know i cant run prot but i cant evEn get in a 1600 group as ret while sporting my grand marshal title

They've stated that they're adding PvP power to PvP weapons, dont worry

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy solution. Make a Random Rated BG queue such that if you play a Hunter (or any other class/spec), you can actually get a Rated BG title this season. Just have the item level restriction at whatever full non-Conquest Point PvP geared is.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by sebaba View Post
    L O L

their got boosted by wintrade for paying REAL money for that, check when he got high warlord 25 wins same day and not even 1550 achi on arena
    Have you considered, perhaps, that it is a hunter that is high rateds alt? Yes, hunters are garbage in RBG, but some are making it work.

Deleted
    This is why they introduced PvP Power, to remove the OP'ness of using PvE gear in some slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Easy solution. Make a Random Rated BG queue such that if you play a Hunter (or any other class/spec), you can actually get a Rated BG title this season. Just have the item level restriction at whatever full non-Conquest Point PvP geared is.
    Random or rated. Make up your mind. Can't have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Random or rated. Make up your mind. Can't have both.
    When players are being deliberately excluded from content by other players, Blizzard have stepped in before (LFR after the decline in PuGging). Wouldn't surprise me if they opened up Rated to queueing, especially as it's also content that is underused.

And it's also why I can see Normal Raids becoming queueable as well. If the community wishes to divide itself into the has and the has-nots such that the has-nots can't experience content...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    When players are being deliberately excluded from content by other players, Blizzard have stepped in before (LFR after the decline in PuGging). Wouldn't surprise me if they opened up Rated to queueing, especially as it's also content that is underused.

And it's also why I can see Normal Raids becoming queueable as well. If the community wishes to divide itself into the has and the has-nots such that the has-nots can't experience content...
    When you put a bunch of randoms together in a BG, how is that any different from a random BG? And you are not excluded from content, you can experience it in randoms as much as you want.

Lets be honest here. Blizzard would be wasting their time if they made a Random Rated Battleground queue.

Why? Because they wouldn't remove the ability to form a group prior and then queue, that would be a terrible decision on their part. That means regardless there will be a FOTM comp. The most they can do is try to separate PvE and PvP as well as balance classes the best they can.

Not to mention, the 'premades' will also be better organized and already in a voice communication program, as well as having specifics down thus having an advantage over the opponents. Nobody, except for the classes which aren't doing to well will really use the queue.. and they would crash and burn. Plus, not having the same members over and over again will just cause a hassle.

Sure, you can make it so it's a different bracket basically and only random groups can go against random groups, and some people who are geared in full honor gear will use it to get used to RBGs and stuff like that, plus the classes which have trouble in organized rated battlegrounds.. but yeah. I don't see it working if you don't separate Randoms and the normal Rated.

L O L

their got boosted by wintrade for paying REAL money for that, check when he got high warlord 25 wins same day and not even 1550 achi on arena
    So all over the 160 or so hunters above 2.2K got carried? I highly doubt that. o.O Yes, looking at the hunters I linked too, a lot of them do look that way.. but I doubt every hunter above 2.2K participated in wintrade.
    Last edited by Scorth; 2012-07-22 at 11:48 PM.

if you are player capable to gain 2.7 rat in RBG you just have atleast 1.75 arena achi
    Unless, *GASP* they were pve players (you know, like this guy obviously is) got crazy good pve gear, got invited to do rbgs while he has no interest in any way in arena, and did it?

at 2.6k+ mmr you will run into teams who run with a number of balance druids and fire mages. with proly 1 lock whose main job is to keep ua up on as much targets as possible. besides that most boost teams run that combo for the high success rate it yields.
    i am an arms warrior multi glad and a rank 1 and to hang out with our caster overlords i have to be prot or gtfo. that said i cant imagine any successful team would pick an arms warrior (or a hunter for that matter) in their rbg teams. well at least i have a spec that gets me into proper RBG groups i suppose.
    Last edited by WarTV; 2012-07-23 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    i don't think is a good point. my rbi group have done high warlord and we played melee cleave. Ofc mass caster is more controlling but melee cleave totally reap u apart in 2 hits. I see no points in this thread.

Playing an Enhance shaman was really really fun! I did so many RBG's I got a really high rating and everyone loved me!!!!(!)

Seriously though it was awful. I only did a few RBG's on my shaman, whom I refused to heal on because it was so easy mode and boring, and I much preferred my priest as he had a tool set beyond spamming GHW and riptide. It's a shame because I think I only ever lost 1 RBG, and that was a bit of a patchwork group as well. The time I played with guildies we pretty much rofl stomped the other team. I did enjoy hunting out their healers and locking them down completely.
    RETH

Deleted
    apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    When you put a bunch of randoms together in a BG, how is that any different from a random BG? And you are not excluded from content, you can experience it in randoms as much as you want.
    Good luck trying to get a 10v10 EotS with base cap points in a Random BG.

When you put a bunch of random players with a specific spec loadout and minimum item level together in a Battleground, how is that any different from a rated BG? All Blizzard need is a queueing system on the front end, is all I'm saying.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scorth View Post
    Lets be honest here. Blizzard would be wasting their time if they made a Random Rated Battleground queue.

Why? Because they wouldn't remove the ability to form a group prior and then queue, that would be a terrible decision on their part. That means regardless there will be a FOTM comp. The most they can do is try to separate PvE and PvP as well as balance classes the best they can.
    There's always a FotM comp in every bracket. That doesn't mean that you should throw away the idea because players just happen to have characters that aren't a class in that FotM comp and also wish to play Rated BGs but are being blocked by the rest of the community (see LFR).

Not to mention, the 'premades' will also be better organized and already in a voice communication program, as well as having specifics down thus having an advantage over the opponents. Nobody, except for the classes which aren't doing to well will really use the queue.. and they would crash and burn. Plus, not having the same members over and over again will just cause a hassle.

Sure, you can make it so it's a different bracket basically and only random groups can go against random groups, and some people who are geared in full honor gear will use it to get used to RBGs and stuff like that, plus the classes which have trouble in organized rated battlegrounds.. but yeah. I don't see it working if you don't separate Randoms and the normal Rated.
    I wouldn't put premade rated up against random rated. That's what's currently plaguing Random BGs and Blizzard are looking to fix it (as well as warning people off using the addon).

Bolded section is the entire idea, and if they're going up against like for like there's little chance they'll "crash and burn".
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-07-23 at 01:53 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I have seen melee comps that do somewhat well. Double disc for dispels with normally a hpal and a tree/rsham. 4 Heals with double disc counters dot cleaves decently well. Problem is that you can't put enough pressure out against good teams. Rogue/DK/Ret on a target is nasty though. Melee cleaves can be done, but mostly you just try to gib the opposing team's disc quickly so your remaining casters can spread massive damage while you walk around with your 3 melee just focusing stuff down.

That works decently, but it takes far more coordination because your swaps have to be spot on and you have to overextend a lot. Too bad no one runs anything like this because everyone and their mom has LFR trinkets and that is all you need really to succeed today. Double fire mage that times combust properly... ouchies...

There's always a FotM comp in every bracket. That doesn't mean that you should throw away the idea because players just happen to have characters that aren't a class in that FotM comp and also wish to play Rated BGs but are being blocked by the rest of the community (see LFR).
    I was basically stating it's a bad idea to put it in unless you separate the two, then it has some means of working. Maybe put some requirements on it so players can't just go in with absolutely no resil.

The FotM comp was basically talking about Rated vs a Random Rated.

I wouldn't put premade rated up against random rated. That's what's currently plaguing Random BGs and Blizzard are looking to fix it (as well as warning people off using the addon).

Bolded section is the entire idea, and if they're going up against like for like there's little chance they'll "crash and burn".
    The crash and burn part was before stating that it would only work if it was separated to be Random Rated vs Random Rated.

Plus, if it was Random Rated vs Random Rated then that would also attract better classes being mixed in because some may be gearing still and they're only in full honor gear, thus go to the Random Rated to get a higher cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe put some requirements on it so players can't just go in with absolutely no resil.
    A high minimum item level is all I can come up with as I don't know what tools the WoW engine can handle. Hence why I can see it coming soon but not instantaneously.

Plus, if it was Random Rated vs Random Rated then that would also attract better classes being mixed in because some may be gearing still and they're only in full honor gear, thus go to the Random Rated to get a higher cap.
    The battleground must balance the teams such that they put as equal geared players together as possible. This is probably going to be implemented when they break the premades.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)