Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow Diablo III Gaming Computer Build

what do u guys think of this setup?

Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

While that is impressive (it really is).. you really don't need that much. This may be a bit more suited;

<snip>

Edit:

Here is the proof;
    <snip>

Please be more constructive in making a point. Images like those, while funny, don't have a place in this thread. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-07-20 at 05:23 AM.

Good looking build but total overkill for Diablo and what is up with that massive blob of thermal paste?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    While that is impressive (it really is).. you really don't need that much. This may be a bit more suited;

Edit:

Here is the proof;
    Skyrim for calculator may be good but does it beat block dude and drug wars
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-07-20 at 05:33 AM.

You can get everything for this comp for about ~900 bucks except the graphics card...

I thought D3 was processor heavy? If so you don't really need a 670.

15+ Year Old Account
    D3, to run on 1080p max graphics, really only needs a 460 equivalent (my 460 runs it on full ultra with no issues), and I always recommend a k series i5, so a 2500k. That's it. It could probably do it with 0 issues on an i3, but I'm not 120% so I won't claim it to be so.

For clarification, that computer is massive overkill for D3.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What in the literal HELL?!

A GTX 670 for Diablo 3? An i5-3570K? A Crucial m4 128GB SSD?

Frankly, all 3 things I listed Diablo 3 will not take much benefit, if ANY, from, unless you're playing it across three 2560x1440 monitors, and even then, it might be quite overkill.

The GTX 670? Ridiculously high overkill I cannot even fathom how ridiculous it is. Might as well play Diablo 3 at 120Hz on a 7680x1440, then you should be using it well.

i5-3570K? Pretty sure Diablo 3 doesn't do much about multiple threads.

SSD? Diablo 3 is amazingly well coded for loading nearly instantly, frankly I have this SSD and my friends on HDDs are loaded like, JUST as quick as I am.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Look I play 2 games at the moment, Diablo 3 and WoW (and many other single player but once I beat them I never play again ahah). So I spend alot of time at my GF's house and she had that fucking old computer that can barely do anything, could take up to 5mins to open facebook....... she knows im a gamer and she doesnt care and let me play some games when we are together. That said, I couldnt play my 2 favorite games on his old pieces of shit , So I bought a nice little computer to play WoW and Diablo 3 @ 1080p, 2x AA/4X AF and Good setting for WoW, Ultra for Diablo3, FPS is always above 40, but thats really the lowest ive seen (even in 25man raid)

Heres what I bought:

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7Ghz
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V
    RAM: Corsair 2x2GB 1.5v DDR3 1600Mhz
    GPU: Gigabyte 7770 OC
    SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB
    CASE+PSU: Rosewill R101-P-BK 450W

Total: 422$ +Tx/Shipping

The PSU in this case is really good even if people dont really like rosewill PSU in general .. they are still decent, especially for small gaming rig like this one or for a web broswer. Ive build many rig with this case for the last couple years and only once I had one DOA and all the other one are still running strong, I know it because I usually build rig for friends and family or friends of friends and when they have problem they call me Oh yea you can always swap the SSD for a HDD , if you prefer larger capacity. Maybe its just me but I cant live without SSD now, it make a computer so much more responsive and anyway most people never use more than 100 GB, typical user have an OS, msn, music player, chrome, alot of music and video clip, some photos, skype, few games .. bah u know stuff like that and they barely use the space on large capacity HDD.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2012-07-20 at 06:04 AM.

get the SSD - for that `instant` feel for loading the pc , and for other games as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    get the SSD - for that `instant` feel for loading the pc , and for other games as well
    Definitely not for Diablo 3 though, that's for sure.
    "A flower.

please please dont build something like that for such a crappy game that runs perfectly on my 2 year old macbook.

Seriously, the list in the OP is stupidly ridiculous. Wtf is newegg TV's team doing? They seem to be on crack... -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Seriously, the list in the OP is stupidly ridiculous. Wtf is newegg TV's team doing? They seem to be on crack... -.-
    Well.... they ARE salespeople. =/ And as we know, some customers foolishly trust salespeople completely. >_<

Edit: I'm OVER 9,000!!!
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-07-20 at 06:40 AM.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well.... they ARE salespeople. =/ And as we know, some customers foolishly trust salespeople completely. >_<
    I understand they're salespeople, but there's a huge margin between being a salesperson and being a conman. This is right into con-territory.
    EDIT: Fixed horrendous typo certain to doom humanity if its existence continued.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-07-20 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I understand their salespeople, but there's a huge margin between being a salesperson and being a conman. This is right into con-territory.
    Oh I know dude, and crap like this pisses me off to no end, did you see my post earlier in this thread? I ripped this apart, so to speak.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 07:06 AM ----------

So I just got the chance to watch that video (was on a Skype call).... /facepalm-worthy, some of the commentary.

But holy shit, the cable management they pulled off was *actually* really clean and all. Plus, holy crap, that motherboard went through post and launched Windows FAST. O_O

Damn you Asus P8P67, why are you so much slower?!

Now I REALLY want that ASRock board.
    "A flower.

Definitely not for Diablo 3 though, that's for sure.
    you dont actually have an SSD do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    you dont actually have an SSD do you?
    Everything about that PC is absolutely tremendous overkill for Diablo 3. A halfway decent sata6 HDD will load nearly as fast for D3.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was playing D3 just peachy on an I3-530 with 8 gigs of pc-1600 ram and an amd 5770 video card..

I'm now playing on an I7-860 with 8 gigs of ram and TWO amd 5770 cards (hand me down parts after little brother upgraded) and it still plays just fine..

D3 doesn't have terribly high requirements to play well..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

What in the literal HELL?!

A GTX 670 for Diablo 3? An i5-3570K? A Crucial m4 128GB SSD?

Frankly, all 3 things I listed Diablo 3 will not take much benefit, if ANY, from, unless you're playing it across three 2560x1440 monitors, and even then, it might be quite overkill.

The GTX 670? Ridiculously high overkill I cannot even fathom how ridiculous it is. Might as well play Diablo 3 at 120Hz on a 7680x1440, then you should be using it well.

i5-3570K? Pretty sure Diablo 3 doesn't do much about multiple threads.

SSD? Diablo 3 is amazingly well coded for loading nearly instantly, frankly I have this SSD and my friends on HDDs are loaded like, JUST as quick as I am.
    An i5-3570 is going to last you a while, though. You can save a couple hundred going with an older chip like an AMD 6-core, but it won't last as long.

Also, you can get a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD for $120 at this point, and a fast 1TB drive for under a hundred--the saved load times are worth it IMO. Not saying it's NEEDED, but it's a fairly cheap "luxury" at this point (and if you ever play Skyrim, the SSD is a massive improvement).

The GTX 670 is ridiculous, though, completely agreed.

You could go for a 560 Ti, which is a fraction of the cost, and run D3 (and Skyrim, and most other games) at maximum settings with little to no slowdown. And most other games, you can run at high or ultra settings on that card.

Were I putting together a system now, I'd put together this one: i5-3570, Z77, 8GB ram, 560Ti, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, high speed large HDD.

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 load time takes in latency and security for speed so SSD is just silly to recommend