Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Creep denying adds a lot more skill to the game. Sounds like a small minor thing but if you're good at it you can royally screw the oposing laner.

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    Care to give me some actual backing to that? There isn't a single hero in LoL that is a port from DotA, and I'm not talking things like an ability here and there being similar (ie, Pudge/Blitzcrank grab). When I say HoN ports heroes, I mean at least 3 abilities, or the entire skillset, are exactly the same as their DotA counterparts sans names (ie, Kunka/Gladiator, Pudge/Defiler, Axe/Legionare.).

So, given that, what hero in LoL is a port from DotA? Better yet, how about you actually give quotes that are the same instead of just saying that they are?
    Ignorance is bliss.

HoN was "supposed" to be the dota port, Icefrog was working with them, he got the offer from Valve at the same time, which he obviously accepted.

There is a reason the heroes are identical, its because they were copying dota up to then along with Icefrogs help, along with 1-2 heroes of their own with like 2 abilities off a dota hero, and 2 newer smarter ones.

I was there, first month or two of closed beta test at May of that year, when we were only 1-2k people, having awesome awesome games then when it became more famous and they gave thousand of keys by november,and game filled up with scrubs, same scrubs that make LoL so annoying.

LoL is trash compared to HoN and Dota, and Dota 2, its famous cause :

First moba game to be completely free, Dota required 20E to buy the TFT key to play from home, i know people that never bought it just because of that, and just played whenever at the net cafe logic, none, same people play LoL 24/7.

First Moba game to make everything easy mode, no denies, no gold loss, retard mode enabled!

First Moba game that has "newer" graphics without requiring such a good PC, craptops from 2007 can play LoL just fine (A craptop is a really bad laptop ;D)

Riot did smart moves financially, but as a game, LoL doesnt even hold a finger to HoN/Dota/Dota 2.

When they will make a hardcore mode for LoL, with denies, tower denies, hero denies when doted, gold loss, i can take LoL seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

HoN was "supposed" to be the dota port, Icefrog was working with them, he got the offer from Valve at the same time, which he obviously accepted.

There is a reason the heroes are identical, its because they were copying dota up to then along with Icefrogs help, along with 1-2 heroes of their own with like 2 abilities off a dota hero, and 2 newer smarter ones.

I was there, first month or two of closed beta test at May of that year, when we were only 1-2k people, having awesome awesome games then when it became more famous and they gave thousand of keys by november,and game filled up with scrubs, same scrubs that make LoL so annoying.

First moba game to be completely free, Dota required 20E to buy the TFT key to play from home, i know people that never bought it just because of that, and just played whenever at the net cafe logic, none, same people play LoL 24/7.

First Moba game to make everything easy mode, no denies, no gold loss, retard mode enabled!

First Moba game that has "newer" graphics without requiring such a good PC, craptops from 2007 can play LoL just fine (A craptop is a really bad laptop ;D)

Riot did smart moves financially, but as a game, LoL doesnt even hold a finger to HoN/Dota/Dota 2.

When they will make a hardcore mode for LoL, with denies, tower denies, hero denies when doted, gold loss, i can take LoL seriously.
    You can still deny creepscore in lol

The only semi viable point you have (read semi, since it's laughably thin).

That's not an excuse. There is no excuse for porting 25% or more of your hero base directly from another game. You've basically admitted that HoN is unoriginal.

The rest of your post is wasted dribble and fanboyism, to the point of weeping hilarity, that doesn't actually hold up to any fact. You can talk about how your game is "hardcore" all you want, but the fact is LoL is a more popular and more successful MobA than HoN. It always has been, it always will be, and it's not necessarily because the game is easier (which it is). Rather, it's because the game is actually unique. It's adding a different take on the genre, while HoN sits there with the copy/pasted map and hero ports/mechanics/items from DotA.
    Last edited by Remnas; 2012-07-23 at 09:22 PM.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone explain how to learn HoN? I downloaded it recently, logged in, and was immediately prompted to join multi-player games. I clearly don't want to ruin someone's day by joining a multiplayer game when I have no experience in the game or even the genre. How do you approach learning the fundamentals when there doesn't appear to be a person vs. computer option?

Let's not turn this into any more of a HoN vs. LoL vs. DOTA 2 vs. DOTA thread guys. That's the fast track to getting it closed.

@edgecrusher0o the author of this threat pretty much started it as a hon vs other moba thread, i dont mean to be rude but what did you expect?

Ot
    This is a move to counter the fact Dota2 did it, it wont make much difference in all honest HoN is pretty much dead and Dota2 and LoL are booming to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justin Bieber is the best musician on earth, look at how many youtube views he has!

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...oes-Going-Free

Need any other reason to play? Everything about it is already better then LoL and DOTA 2.
    Lol is so much better. More players better heroes etc. Hon just took dota heroes and copied them. Been there done that. Lol has all new heroes.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 07:30 PM ----------

Ignorance is bliss.

Yay icefrog. Oh wait Guinsoo made the game dota legends and he made Lol. Therefore Lol is better. Icefrog is just some nobody who continued the dota map while guinsoo went off and made Lol. Guinsoo should sue icefrog and Hon for stealing his dota legends map and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Yay icefrog. Oh wait Guinsoo made the game dota legends and he made Lol. Therefore Lol is better. Icefrog is just some nobody who continued the dota map while guinsoo went off and made Lol. Guinsoo should sue icefrog and Hon for stealing his dota legends map and characters.
    Way to show how misinformed you are buddy! The original creator of Dota was known under the alias of Eul. When he stopped working on the Dota map a lot of others started to develop their own version of it. One of them was called Dota-Allstars and it was created by 2 buddies. When those 2 moved on, only then did Guinsoo start working on Dota. He worked on it for about a year or so adding some items and heroes here and there, before citing WoW fever as a reason for why he abandoned ship. After Guinsoo's departure (and his version being absolutely poorly balanced and buggy) Neichus and Icefrog took over. How dare you discard Icefrog's several years of dedication to shaping Dota into what it is now...

Who cares if Guinsoo went on to work with Riot? His attachment with Dota was lost long ago and the majority of Dota players only know of the huge contribution put into the project by Icefrog. I'm sorry but Guinsoo's contribution to Dota was very minimal and insignificant in the long run.

League of Legends is fairly mediocre in nearly all facets. Its graphics are abysmal, its gameplay is watered down and generic, its client is poorly optimised and made, its players are rabid... If little teenagers enjoy playing anime characters with the same abilities rehashed... then so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vannubsauce View Post
    Way to show how misinformed you are buddy! The original creator of Dota was known under the alias of Eul. When he stopped working on the Dota map a lot of others started to develop their own version of it. One of them was called Dota-Allstars and it was created by 2 buddies. When those 2 moved on, only then did Guinsoo start working on Dota. He worked on it for about a year or so adding some items and heroes here and there, before citing WoW fever as a reason for why he abandoned ship. After Guinsoo's departure (and his version being absolutely poorly balanced and buggy) Neichus and Icefrog took over. How dare you discard Icefrog's several years of dedication to shaping Dota into what it is now...

Who cares if Guinsoo went on to work with Riot? His attachment with Dota was lost long ago and the majority of Dota players only know of the huge contribution put into the project by Icefrog. I'm sorry but Guinsoo's contribution to Dota was very minimal and insignificant in the long run.

League of Legends is fairly mediocre in nearly all facets. Its graphics are abysmal, its gameplay is watered down and generic, its client is poorly optimised and made, its players are rabid... If little teenagers enjoy playing anime characters with the same abilities rehashed... then so be it!
    You should honestly be careful what you say on these forums about LoL, wherever you go these days on different gaming forums, there will always be more LoL players, and they WILL no doubt try to convince you that LoL is the superior game, just take a look at Remnas comment, the game has the most players playing, therefore the game is superior and nothing can simply beat it. They even have their own sub forum on MMO-Champion, and when just a single HoN thread pops up, it gets spammed by LoL players, how superior their game is.
    Last edited by Servion; 2012-08-04 at 04:25 PM.

I enjoyed HON a fair bit but I haven't played in a long while. Found LOL to be much more precise & focused and DOTA2 deeper & challenging.

That said, all heroes free could get me to reinstall for a few quickie games here & there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...oes-Going-Free

Need any other reason to play? Everything about it is already better then LoL and DOTA 2.
    I hope you are joking, you obviously have no idea what VALVe is doing with Dota 2 and what kind of a scumbag company S2 games are. Besides that, decent game, would recommend taking it for a spin, but if you want to play a lot, and stay committed, then I HIGHLY recommend taking on Dota 2 instead. I would have to list too much to make a proper explanation, but (as OP said about HoN) in short, everything about it is better than HoN. LoL is too different, so I won't say that.

HoN is not better than LOL, and LOL is not better than HoN. Same for Dota 2. They are not the freaking same game. They are both "moba", but heck you don't compare every single FPS ever made to eachother? Each have a game that they prefer, and that is purely based on your subjective opinion. Same like to denie, some don't. Some like when you lose gold when you die, others don't. Same like that LoL is more "friendly" when it comes to introduction to the game (mechanic wise), some like the more "hardcore" learning curve of HoN/Dota 2.

They are all good games in their own right, so don't bash others just because you prefer the other. That is just childish.

I've played them all. I still rate Dota the highest, something like Dota>Dota 2>HoN>LoL.

Although HoN has changed a lot and i'd probably put it on par with LoL now. Then again, i truly hate dumbed down game mechanics. In that sense i truly am biased and i'll never really accept LoL because i find the meta game completely different to Dota. People can just play what they like it doesn't really bother me, i still have a group of mates who play Dota, we even still LAN party it with brews involved. I don't like dumbed down mechanisms reflecting on games aimed at 'old school' PC gamers though.

Deleted
    Get back to me when you can give facts instead of opinions, and when your game doesn't port a good chunk of their hero base directly from DotA.
    Jesus christ, you're an opinionated a**hole and self righteous, aren't you? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to personally attack them and act like a dick. The other guy wasn't.
    Try being nice, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Reirae View Post
    Jesus christ, you're an opinionated a**hole and self righteous, aren't you? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to personally attack them and act like a dick. The other guy wasn't.
    Try being nice, eh?
    Considering how the OP posted, my response is entirely valid. If you've got a problem with me eviscerating a smarmy shit who thinks that insulting other games with no actual backing is smart, then you need to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Justin Bieber is the best musician on earth, look at how many youtube views he has!
    Considering that this discussion as well as your pointless metaphor are both incredibly subjective to one's individual tastes, you're point is moot.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Please don't necro threads. If you have nothing to add to the discussion other than continuing petty arguments with other posters, don't post.