Deleted

Cataclysm PvP - My conclusion

Too many stuns, too many interrupts, too many slows. That's the whole experience I got from starting to play PvP with Cataclysm as a Shadow.
    Shouldn't it be either CC or massive damage?
    I don't know about you but "not being able to do anything" is the exact opposite of everything that's fun for me in games.

Can't really say anything else about it I think.
    I'd really like half of the CC in PvP just taken out of the game.

In my opinion cataclysm pvp are in a fine spot and the amount of cc is controlled by the new way dimishing returns work. I promise its alot better to be in a cc chain than just being burst down on globals. I get the feeling that you just need to get used to it, adapt and it will all be fine. some cc in cataclysm might feel unnecessary until you try to play the oposite class and realize that its is harder then you think to score a kill , the amount of cc is fine , we got higher HP pools and regular fights lasts alot longer then they just to do like back in wrath of the burst king , back then anyone could global anyone no need for anycooldowns at all basically or cc

Deleted
    The problem with cata PvP was that they made it very boring. They dumbed down more or less every class and spec and they didn't give a shit about people who abused the MMR or were wintrading or something. The balance wasn't the biggest problem this expansion but anyway, cata was a shit expansion for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    The problem with cata PvP was that they made it very boring. They dumbed down more or less every class and spec and they didn't give a shit about people who abused the MMR or were wintrading or something. The balance wasn't the biggest problem this expansion but anyway, cata was a shit expansion for PvP.
    Ya, it was really the overall lack of attention that Blizz gave to any PVP issues in Cata. They pretty much turned a blind eye to it. There were glaring issues that Blizz even ignored, never acknowledged to the community, and then would stealth fix months after happening... MONTHS! Imagine if a raid boss had a bugged mechanic for months!?

Also, end game pvp in patch 4.3 has turned into whoever has the best 410 heroic PVE gear...

CC is a little overboard I agree, but ridiculously OP healing is something that takes a lot of fun out of the game. Shamans being able to spam dispel essentially making all your intelligent, skillful work useful by and I-Win healer...

PVP could've been great in Cata, but imo, Blizz just refused to address any main issues. The reality is that Blizz needs to realize that when a game dies, like WOW eventually will, the people who keep the communities alive after it all are the pvprs, to whom they've abandoned this expansion, and you know what, almost every long time pvpr I've known has stopped playing WOW.

It's not "too many stuns/CCs" - it's lack of consistency across the classes/specs that make it boring. Compare Sub Rogue CC to Fury warrior CC. Fury's only CC can be Tremor'ed, Fear Warded, Lichborne'd, etc. Compare Marks hunter to Survival hunter. Compare Frost Mage to Demo Locks. If certain specs had more/less CC, you'd at least see some diversity.

cata pvp= dots on everything.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather enjoyed Cataclysm for its pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaan View Post
    Imagine if a raid boss had a bugged mechanic for months!?
    You have never done Warmaster Blackhorn HC it seems xD

I personally like the LOADS OF CC approach over the "getting killed in a few globals - nothing you can do about it"
    I mean it does feel pretty bad to sit in a mage's frost nova as a melee when he happily jumps out of your range, but i think that there should be a different way to counter every class. Even if that means soaking a mage's shatter combo and then getting back to him and having a bit of breathing room before it starts all over again.
    I personally like cataclysm's pvp. Yes i think that it should have gotten a bit more attention but it ended up working out fine. The gear curve is still very punishing when trying to get into pvp sadly.

cc isn't the problem, it is INSTANT cc, damage, healing: most top tier comps can lock down someone with instant abilities for extended time and some classes can do it solo cough mages/rogues.

instead of being 'bursted in a global' (which honestly didn't happen too often in wrath unless you were 1500) we now have 'unstoppable unhealable damage'. This is your LSD2's, vanguards cleave, RLS, triple dps etc.

the games just been made easier. also with RBGs any retard can get 2200. gave up after s9 really.
    this game sucks