141 13.77%
  • Undecided.

11 1.07%
  • Other.

40 3.91%
Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Quoting people that have been dead for 250 years is irrelevant to a discussion in modern times.
    They have no clue to the current situation and their opinion cannot be used to judge these things.
    For all we know they might as well be against guns now.

So the American people are conquered by their government?
    Hitler's quote is about invading a country and not allowing the subject races to have weapons.
    No, hitler was speaking of how GERMANY was disarmed, and only the police were allowed to have guns that weren't strictly regulated. It made the germans slaves to the Reich.

History always repeats itself my friend, the quotes and aspirations of those who died hundreds of years ago mean more today than they did even then, because we can learn from them before the travesty occurs. They had to learn the hard way. You cannot rely on anyone to maintain your freedom, especially not a government of any sort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapie View Post
    How do I know that all they are in my home for is for my TV? I am no psychic...all I know is that somebody is in my home, posing a threat to me, my family and I will take appropriate measure. Then again Europeans are known for willing giving up their right to protect themselves leading to being invaded and needing us to come save their ass.
    I really want to post something oil- or origin of the United states related, but I'll refrain from doing so ...
    Infractions everywhere

How do I know that all they are in my home for is for my TV? I am no psychic...all I know is that somebody is in my home, posing a threat to me, my family and I will take appropriate measure. Then again Europeans are known for willing giving up their right to protect themselves leading to being invaded and needing us to come save their ass.
    Typical foolish American line of thinking.

~ Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-07-23 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    This is why the EU will be at the mercy of the next Hitler.

You're ripe for the conquering it would seem, you have no way to defend yourself. Your army is your only defence. In the U.S. every man is part of the militia.

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty - Adolf Hitler

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass - Isoroku Yamamoto (he may not have said this, but it is true nonetheless.
    your not only the most paranoid person ive seen in this thread but you also dont have the slightest idea what your talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by axeplay View Post
    Again: Europe has much less spree killings, so it's either the guns or the US is just filled with more psycho's. Your pick!
    Anders Breivek? I'm sure you have a great excuse for that. I'm not going to argue with someone who would rather the criminals be the only ones with firearms.[/QUOTE]

Also, thats psycho killed 77 people 69 of which were practically children, and he'll get 20 years sitting in a cushy norwegian prison (which is like a 5 star hotel compared to one in America)

No, hitler was speaking of how GERMANY was disarmed, and only the police were allowed to have guns that weren't strictly regulated. It made the germans slaves to the Reich.

History always repeats itself my friend, the quotes and aspirations of those who died hundreds of years ago mean more today than they did even then, because we can learn from them before the travesty occurs. They had to learn the hard way. You cannot rely on anyone to maintain your freedom, especially not a government of any sort.
    Let's see... you already support a racist theory and seem to like Hitler a bit, or at least his ideas... maybe we should kill you before you commit any crimes.

~ Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-07-23 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Typical foolish American line of thinking.
    Typical stupid European thinking the world is carebears and lollipops and wanting the government to do everything for them and giving up all their rights to big brother. Sorry keep your Europe out of my US

~ Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-07-23 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballador View Post
    * Australia: Readers of the USA Today newspaper discovered in 2002 that, "Since Australia's 1996 laws banning most guns and making it a crime to use a gun defensively, armed robberies rose by 51%, unarmed robberies by 37%, assaults by 24% and kidnappings by 43%. While murders fell by 3%, manslaughter rose by 16%."
    This is the short term effect. Its like taking a medicine that makes you worse before you get better. Eventually as stringent gun control takes hold, and the current illegal guns in the market break or "gets lost" to the police, the amount of guns is going to get lower and lower. It has to be mentioned that this have to be seen on a generations timeframe, since the current crop of criminals who is used to resorting to guns have to be removed or retire.

The up and coming baby-criminals is going to grow up in a country where guns get increasingly hard to find, aswell as much more expensive. Resulting in a society where ONLY the most hardened criminals will have guns, those with deep criminal connections. Your average mugger will not have access, unless he goes to en extreme amount of effort.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rash Kah View Post
    your not only the most paranoid person ive seen in this thread but you also dont have the slightest idea what your talking about...
    I do know what I'm talking about. You're a sheep, you rely on others for your own safety, when you can never depend on anyone but yourself. And you should hope you don't live to regret it.

I am all for a ban on small guns, but a person should be allowed guns for hunting.

The amount of deadly force one has at their finger tips isn't needed, its a recipe for disaster and that is all.

Deleted
    Typical stupid European thinking the world is carebears and lollipops and wanting the government to do everything for them and giving up all their rights to big brother. Sorry keep your Europe out of my US
    Irony at its finest,

You do know the USA was originally inhabited by a combination of Europe's outcasts, criminals, poor and off course rich industrials with an eye for business

I am American. I was raised in America. I may be European but I was raised most of my life here.

I am happy to say though MOST Americans don't fit the stereotype, it's just too bad you do.

I would say America is where European culture has gone to degenerate a bit. Never forget that American culture comes from European culture.

Deleted
    typical stupid americans thinking everyone wants a) rape them b) kill them c) rob them or d) take their "rights"

~ Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-07-23 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, thats psycho killed 77 people 69 of which were practically children, and he'll get 20 years sitting in a cushy norwegian prison (which is like a 5 star hotel compared to one in America)
    He isnt going to get "20 years in a cushy prison", he is going to get life. We dont have a sentrance called "life", but we can extend the sentance if he is judged unfit to enter society again.

And our so called "cushy prisons" is some of the most effective criminal justice systems in the world. We have one of the lowest "return rates", if not the lowest. I rather treat prisoners with some human dignity, and see them not commit a crime again, than having them return time and time again.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    This is the short term effect. Its like taking a medicine that makes you worse before you get better. Eventually as stringent gun control takes hold, and the current illegal guns in the market break or "gets lost" to the police, the amount of guns is going to get lower and lower. It has to be mentioned that this have to be seen on a generations timeframe, since the current crop of criminals who is used to resorting to guns have to be removed or retire.

The up and coming baby-criminals is going to grow up in a country where guns get increasingly hard to find, aswell as much more expensive. Resulting in a society where ONLY the most hardened criminals will have guns, those with deep criminal connections. Your average mugger will not have access, unless he goes to en extreme amount of effort.
    Indeed, after only 50 years of higher rates of murder, armed robbery, assault and kidnapping, the rates should start to fall.

Guess it just sucks to be some of those who died who otherwise wouldn't have. Oh well, innocent lives lost for the greater good though right? Is that what you tell their parents/brothers/sisters/children?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

You really think that once the guns in circulation are taken away, the demand won't entice criminal enterprises to import more illegal firearms from other countries? China is not terribly far from Australia, and they are one of the biggest arms producers in the world, many for commercial sale. You think they won't sell them to Aussie criminals willing to put down the cash for them?
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

Deleted
    I do know what I'm talking about. You're a sheep, you rely on others for your own safety, when you can never depend on anyone but yourself. And you should hope you don't live to regret it.
    ill stop arguing with you, as you obviously life a) in a different world than i do or b) are involved in some civil-wars in central africa...

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Irony at its finest,

You do know the USA was originally inhabited by a combination of Europe's outcasts, criminals, poor and off course rich industrials with an eye for business
    Outcasts? You mean people sick of the life they had forced upon them in Europe? Yep, I sure do know my history...apparently you do not know yours very well or what happens when a government takes away the right of the citizen to defend themselves. Go ahead rely on and wait for police to come protect you. Try talking your way out of somebody who wants nothing but to do harm to you...you will be crying for somebody to save you. Myself and other like me are able to defend ourselves, not have to rely on others. At least I can say if I go down, i go down fighting. You will just drop like a prom dress.

He isnt going to get "20 years in a cushy prison", he is going to get life. We dont have a sentrance called "life", but we can extend the sentance if he is judged unfit to enter society again.

And our so called "cushy prisons" is some of the most effective criminal justice systems in the world. We have one of the lowest "return rates", if not the lowest. I rather treat prisoners with some human dignity, and see them not commit a crime again, than having them return time and time again.
    He should get the death penalty. The maximum sentence in Norway is 20 years. To quote Rorshak, men go to prison, dogs get put down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cerunnir View Post
    he isnt going to get "20 years in a cushy prison", he is going to get life. We dont have a sentrance called "life", but we can extend the sentance if he is judged unfit to enter society again.

but we dont care about "return rates" we want our bloody primeval revenge now!!!