Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For this reason I assume?
    Not this specifically. Their contract came up like a year and a half ago. The contract was not renewed after stories broke about all the money they gave to anti equality groups. We take equal rights pretty seriously over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    No, but wanting gay people wiped from the planet certainly is, which is the message one of the groups they support spreads, so before spouting off about ignorance, take a look at your own. Thanks for playing.
    Clearly, you do not know what you're talking about. We certainly do not want to wipe gay people. The bible clearly said God hate the action itself, not the people. Stop spouting imaginary stuff out of your ass and act like you know exactly what the bible say. You sir, my little friend, are the one who's ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not this specifically. Their contract came up like a year and a half ago. The contract was not renewed after stories broke about all the money they gave to anti equality groups. We take equal rights pretty seriously over here.
    I figured it was something like that.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I only eat at restaurants that share my opinions in life, thereby I only eat at the Red Lobster. Chick Fil A is evil and their chickens lay dirty eggs
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be going their specifically for this reason. Their values mirror my own, and for those opposed to their stance, take your business to another chain. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Hate or not, they've actively donated millions of dollars to groups who actively oppose homosexual marriage.

I don't mind business owners having their own opinion, but anyone who shops at Chick-Fil-A is helping to fund groups who are trying to prevent homosexual marriage from ever becoming legal. You can't really fault people who want same-sex marriage for boycotting Chick-Fil-A, or calling on others to do the same; the business lost their right to complain (well, without being hypocrites at least) the moment they stopped being politically neutral.
    Source please.

I agree with you that the business lost their right to complain but that still doesn't mean they're wrong. So if someone support gay, they're okay but when they don't agree with it, they're wrong? Talk about being hypocritical. Like I said before, people certainly have their own rights to boycott Chick-fil-a but I hardly think that'll have any impact. Again, unless people live in southeast area, people don't really pretty much have right to say anything about Chick-fil-a and how their business is running. It is running STRONG and it is ALWAYS full everyday even with their proclaiming. I don't see any signs of it losing the business.

10+ Year Old Account
    never heard of this fast food chain. sounds like an even more white-trash version of kfc

~ Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-07-21 at 07:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that was the case I would have never had went as it's a very religious company, and I'm not religious at all. They have good chicken some days, and I always crave it on a Sunday. I won't hate it because of someone's stand on something as silly as marriage. If two people want to be happy together, you don't need to be married to do it. Don't let that stop you from being happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukami View Post
    Pretty much this. I was aware of their policy of supporting hate and did not eat at their restaurants, but it's nice to see a little shit swirl around them.
    I am always astounded how those on the left who scream tolerance become quite intolerant when faced with a viewpoint different then their own. Also, how does having a differing opinion then yours make it hateful? Oh well, typical Liberal logic, or lack thereof I should say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Popeyes/Churchs chicken puts them to absolute shame. Actually even McDonalds makes better chicken related food.
    What! Not even close. I know it's your opinion, but, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Clearly, you do not know what you're talking about. We certainly do not want to wipe gay people. The bible clearly said God hate the action itself, not the people. Stop spouting imaginary stuff out of your ass and act like you know exactly what the bible say. You sir, my little friend, are the one who's ignorance.
    I'm not talking about the Bible you twit. I could give fuck all what the Bible has to say, and I don't care that they have religious beliefs that disagree with homosexuality. That's theirs, and your right. This is not about the Bible, or Christianity whatsoever. So please, stop arguing that and lashing out in anger like you're being attacked. My point is I'm not going to let a company use my money to support GROUPS THAT HATE. I never said Christians hate, but there are some that twist the Bible's message, and DO ACTIVELY HATE. Try re-reading what I said, and maybe you would get it. I never said you wanted to wipe gays, or that Christians in general did, just one of the groups they support. I'm still trying to find the list of donations...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    I am always astounded how those on the left who scream tolerance become quite intolerant when faced with a viewpoint different then their own. Also, how does having a differing opinion then yours make it hateful? Oh well, typical Liberal logic, or lack thereof I should say.
    I completely agree with this statement. Muslim don't believe in eating pigs. I suppose that make them hateful against pork farmers. Amish don't believe in using electricity and technology we have today, I suppose that make them hateful toward us. *rolling eyes*

The franchises are independently owned.

On social issues, I am extremely liberal, but I really don't give a damn what the President of Chick Fil A says. I know the owner of my local Chick Fil A's, and I know the employees of the one I eat at, and those are the only people who would get hurt by an ignorant, misguided boycott.

Dan Cathy is an asshole. And I love Chick Fil A. I'm smart enough to realize that these two things are unrelated to each other.

Source please.
    Here's your source:

http://equalitymatters.org/blog/201103220005#1

I completely agree with this statement. Muslim don't believe in eating pigs. I suppose that make them hateful against pork farmers. Amish don't believe in using electricity and technology we have today, I suppose that make them hateful toward us. *rolling eyes*
    Missed his point completely. The Amish don't call people that use electricity names or amish hate-groups. But liberals call people with a different opinion names and organizations with different views hate-groups.

Good try though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Thanks for the source. It hardly prove anything. They certainly have their rights to use their money in any way they see fitting. Again, there is nothing to stop you from NOT eating there. Just don't shove your beliefs on them nor tell them how to run their business.
    Last edited by Dragonix80; 2012-07-21 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    This topic is not suitable for these forums, since we don't allow discussion on sexuality nor religion, and as everyone can see, that is exactly what this let to.

Locking.