The Sha and Sentience

Hello!

Is anyone else a little disappointed that it seems like the greater Sha are sentient?

Looking at the first images of their models as posted on MMO-Champ's front page, I thought they were really menacing. They seemed like they weren't intelligent. To me, I interpreted them, as physical manifestations of negative emotions like anger and doubt, to simply be, and were aggressive because of their nature.

I thought the Sha of Anger was bad-ass when I saw it, but strolling into Kun-Lai summit and hearing it speak kinda strips away the sense of dread I felt about them as our main enemy. They're really humanized in this sense, and now I think they're just like any other enemy we've fought, and can and will be defeated. To me, a good enemy is one that gives you the sense you can't win, a la the Reapers when only Mass Effect had been out.

TL;DR, Sentience presented by the Sha of Anger paint a much less impressive enemy.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, they're beings of great power (Aching towards old god stuff) who prey on the weakness in mortals to increase their power.

I can't help but compare the Sha to the Scourge. I actually feared the Scourge to a degree, and I wasn't sure how in the hell we were going to defeat them in Wrath. I guess I need to see the story develop a little more. The Scourge were also an enemy we were familiar with from way back in Warcraft, and knew it was a hanging threat since the release of WoW, only finally dealt with years later.

Still, I just don't fear the Sha like I feared the Scourge, not after hearing them speak.

all mighty entities always end up being sentient ... it comes with the whole "been around forever nothing can compete with me" ... then we kill them....

10+ Year Old Account
    I see where you're coming from. It's a design choice I guess... I'll have to see how it all pans out in MoP.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.