Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    this thread makes me horribly sad. Terrible things against people that have all the rights to be happy, are being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Im not religious and I still think its not natural. Man and woman was meant for each other. You cant reproduce with same gender. Thats my opinion but I dont really care what someone does in his/her bed and its none of my business.
    There's more to life than just reproduction. Just saying.

I can't seem to find any good reasons in this thread. Just some silly arguments that don't make sense.

My favorite is the religious thing. A civil marriage is different than a silly wedding where people drop thousands of dollars on, and invite hundreds of people so that they can suffer through that 5 hour process too. Besides, that is just a ceremony. And Anyone can throw what ever ceremony they like.

About gay-couples not being able to raise kids.. What do you really thing will happen? Every last homosexual person I have ever met was compassionate, caring and understanding. I can't imagine someone like that being a poor parent, let alone two of them working together!

And the people stuck on "Human nature" ... If it isn't human nature, than why does it exist in human nature? In some cultures, males rape other males to show dominance. And no one says anything to them!

How about we shouldn't do this just because animals do too. They .. incest/cannibalism/etc.

Well, some cultures also partake in just about everything you can ever list. In fact, that very book you quote saying Gays are going to hell, was passed on by many generations of "incest." Many of the characters in your book, were from generations of inbred families. All the civilizations you care to point backwards to, inbred like it was going out of style.

And your book, the one that says something like "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind" Also goes on to say: Thou shalt not shave or cut your hair, Thou shalt not consume anything from an animal without a divided hoof, but you can hit it with your daughter, that's totally cool.

Overall I have nothing against people being who they want to be. We should not need to restrict the lifestyle of those who want to be themselves so long as they are not hurting anyone. I also do not believe everything in the Bible as to being true, but rather stories with morals, whether those morals are right or wrong are for us as individuals to decide.

Gay marriage should be allowed, however if a Religion doesn't want to support it, they should be allowed their right to refuse to marry the couple under their Religious views. (IE Christianity shouldn't have to marry a gay couple)

I just can't believe that people who believe themselves to be followers of the Bible always forgot Luke 6:37 where it simply tells you do not judge others, do not condom them but to forgive them instead. This basically means don't hold these petty things against people, let them be and see past these things. Just because one may have sinned, doesn't mean you should immediately think of them as a lesser person. Everyone makes mistakes and if it's one thing the Bible truly tried to teach anyone, is that forgiveness is a much better way of life rather than condemning.

Be who you are people. Don't hide who you are for the sake of the community. The important people will always accept you and forgive you for what you are or what you will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=states

Just saying.

The reason incest is taboo recently is because of the genetic defects it can cause via two recessive genes. But that is for the safety and value of new life, not life currently being lived. No one says "Wow, this guy can marry his cousin, it ruins my marriage."

Also, parent-sibling incest tends to be abusive and you find a more Stockholm type relationship than a real one, relationships like that are TOXIC and thus measures have been taken against them. I didn't realize that my boyfriend was toxic to me... or that we could procreate and make genetically inferior children.
    Still not everyone wants kids, and i assume not everyone that participates in incest wants kids. for all you know they're gay and are in an incest relationship
    that still wont be ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    1. Studies have shown that children raised by homosexual couples are virtually identical to ones raised by heterosexual couples. See the edited version of my post.
    2. So? Just because they can't reproduce doesn't mean they can't raise kids...
    3. You don't see anyone calling for a ban of divorce now do you?
    4. Just....wow. You want to ban interracial marriage now too?
    studies.. do they matter? maybe, but i didnt took part of that project, i would want my kids to grow up arround gays, especially if its my boy, gay attitude is just gay(more like a girl) that wont help u at all trough ur childhood. i dont have anything with gay people as long they dont affect me, i have a few gay friends also, they are very polite, fun, u name it, but i wont hang out with him if he brings a date.. thats just wrong, not when im arround. PERSONAl life should be PERSONAL, especially when ur different, dont take it to personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    There's more to life than just reproduction. Just saying.
    It's so weird that people link sex and love. As if they have to be one and the same.

At the end of the day, why must I have to sleep alone in a bed, when you can sleep with someone you love?

At the end of the day, why can't I make a medical decision for someone I love, when you can?

At the end of the day, why do you get treated differently than I do?

These people that fight against it are like hipsters, they want something all to themselves, damn anyone who wants it that changes it, even in the slightest. I hope some day people realize how much pain and suffering they inflict on others by being selfish and purposefully blind to the plights of those less fortunate than them.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. Turning into nothing more than a flame fest with to much religious discussion to go along with it.