Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What sports do you guys actually care about in the Olympics and are most legit?

I think basketball summer tournament, soccer is legit

In winter id say hockey is legit as well....

All the other things are more meh.... Running as well, i can appreciate that. Also rugby if its even in the olympics.

*** EDIT**** HOW CAN I FORGET>>> BEACH EFFIN VOLLEYBALL....

*** EDIT #2**** Tokru brought up interesting issue:

"I think all team sports are not legit in the Olympics. Especially not soccer. No one cares about the olympic tournament. Just look at the competing nations.

The most legit sports are the traditional ones that take place in the stadium.

But in the end I only care about my nations rank on the medal count. ^^ "

What do you guys think is most important... total number of medals or gold medal count and why?

Tough call and im not sure myself to be honest..

**** EDIT #3*****

reading these responses.... also not devolving into country bashing is pretty uplifting I may say....

Also you guys kinda got me excited for all these other sports I probably wouldnt watch...

Gonna totally check out discus and some javelin throwing as well
    Last edited by Aurust; 2012-07-21 at 10:42 PM.

Greco , nuff said , I don't really care about t
    It just fun to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Curling of course, what other sport can compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matnisi View Post
    Greco , nuff said , I don't really care about t
    It just fun to watch
    My dad was one of the assistant coaches to greco soviet olympic team back in the day....

Deleted
    running, just feels like the most natural thing to push human boundaries to me and is always exciting.....to know that u will never be able to hit that.

Basketball/Soccer? Those things already have many major events outside of the Olympics.

Thats like playing WoW for the first time in 2016 and only playing pet battles and other mini games instead of doing stuff in the original game like raiding and pvp.

To truly get experience out of it you need to watch track/swimming events, original ancient greek stuff, not the newer stuff...which has plenty of attention all year round outside of the olympic games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I think basketball summer tournament, soccer is legit

In winter id say hockey is legit as well....

All the other things are more meh.... Running as well, i can appreciate that. Also rugby if its even in the olympics.
    Hmm lets see, women's high jump, long jump and triple jump. Yea, it's all about the finest asses in there.
    Though I'm sad that Blanka Vlasic will miss the games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TADJh_DZOfE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Basketball/Soccer? Those things already have many major events outside of the Olympics.

Thats like playing WoW for the first time in 2016 and only playing pet battles and other mini games instead of doing stuff in the original game like raiding and pvp.

To truly get experience out of it you need to watch track/swimming events, original ancient greek stuff, not the newer stuff...which has plenty of attention all year round outside of the olympic games.
    My argument with that is IF IT WERE that popular then i think the athletes would be even better.... thats why i dont see these sports as the peak a human can be.....While basketball etc, really is the best people can be at that sport at that period in time ya know....

10+ Year Old Account
    100/200m sprints. I don't care about them at all outside of the Olympics, but in the Olympics it's the thing I'm most interested in. Football/basketball isn't interesting, the bigshots aren't participating anyways, it's like an U21 worldcup (in football at least). Tennis is semi interesting, since there are some top stars.

In winter I only care about ice hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorbitance View Post
    Hmm lets see, women's high jump, long jump and triple jump. Yea, it's all about the finest asses in there.
    You forgot beach volleyball
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    OOO also beach volleyball then.....

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot about hurdlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgmY...eature=related

Too bad she won't be able to compete until 2016.

Personally I have respect for a lot of the sports in the olympics. Fencing is cool. Track and Field is an obvious thumbs up. Pole Vaulters are INSANE. Water Polo is epic in its brutality. Most of the swimming events require tons of endurance. It'd be quicker to list the events that i think are silly. Stuff like Ping Pong, Sync Swimming, and Ribbon Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    You forgot about hurdlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgmY...eature=related

Too bad she won't be able to compete until 2016.
    Well true, just that the sports I mentioned have the added bonus of camera man zooming in their asses when they land after their jump/s.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My favorites in the summer are the swimming and gymnastics. In the winter I enjoy the ice skating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn feels much better than talking about that theater shooting all day.....

For the summer, Rowing, I used to do it, and I only need to sit in front of the tv for 6min at a time, if that.

Winter, Hockey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer: Tennis, 100 meter dash and cycling

Winter: Alpine skiing and Ishockey
    Last edited by Elgefar; 2012-07-21 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Misread the question...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Greco, Freestlye wrestling. The stuff those guys do is crazy. I used to wrestle and it just amazes me how much higher of a level they compete at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a generalized sports fan, so I develop a keen interest in anything Norway competes in :P

Personally I'm looking forward to swimming and general gymnastics the most.

Winter: EVERYTHING. The caffeine consumption in our household is simply mindboggling during the Winter Olympics xD
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to see the sports that you dont normally get to watch like Discus, Javelin, Ping Pong, Hand Ball, Archery, Badminton, and Fencing. But unfortunately most of the time they only show the crap with big name athletes in it like swimming, basketball, golf, soccer, and running

10+ Year Old Account
    Gymnastics are, imo, the definition of Olympic sport.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.