Poll: ???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you think of the "Christian Bale should visit the Aurora hospitals" thing?

edit: I worded the poll badly. I'm not saying he SHOULD visit the hospital, I'm asking if people think it would be GOOD for him to visit. Unfortunately I can't edit the poll.

For those who don't know, here is the FB status that started it:

Now originally when I read it, I was in support of it. However I read this thread on reddit (please mind the circlejerk) and began to question it: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...atman_plea_on/

What's your opinion on it?
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-07-22 at 01:58 AM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Interesting idea, but would he even be allowed to take the real batman costume outdoors?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt he would do it anyways.
    Black Lives Matter

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand the sentiment, it also sounds like a terrible idea.

These people just had massive trauma due to someone trying to kill them while watching Batman. Having Batman (who is, let's be honest here, fucking scary) visit right after sounds like a massive trauma/psychosis trigger to me.

Now, I want to say something like some movie swag (say a copy signed by the cast/C. Nolan/etc.) would be better, but it would also look like WB trying to buy the people into forgetting about it
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think he would do it.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the people on reddit said: If I was a little kid watching a batman movie and then got shot, seeing batman would be as far down on my to do list as possible.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

What uh... why? He's an actor, not goddamn Batman.
    This is so dumb it actually made my brain hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Like the people on reddit said: If I was a little kid watching a batman movie and then got shot, seeing batman would be as far down on my to do list as possible.
    Also, this ^

i dont think he owes it to anybody. it would be great PR for him and a classy move if he did imo... as himself though, not batman

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if anyone visited them... but a special visit from Christian Bale seems a little forced and awkward.

Just as awkward as the media contacting Warner Bros. Studios as if they had some sort of interest or responsibility to the shooting. (To which they responded with a cliche legal statement about the sympathy for the victims and families of the victims, etc.

This could have been done at ANY movie premiere... why are people making a big deal about it being Batman? What other obscure connection can we make? Oh perhaps the CEO of the movie theatre apologizing? Perhaps the manager of the theatre apologizing for the fact that an armed gunman made it into a theatre and no one seemed to notice? Far more appropriate appearances from people actually involved.

Dumbest idea ever. What is the point? Hey look I was shoot but a famous guy stopped by to say hello.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    swag
    :NO:

OT: I agree, going as himself, not batman, would be right. Going in a bat suit would just cause them to have flashbacks while they are still in the process of trying to forget it.

I'd rather have Anne Hathaway visit me.

Nice thought but suddenly PTSD - Would be even worse if Bane visited

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    :NO:

OT: I agree, going as himself, not batman, would be right. Going in a bat suit would just cause them to have flashbacks while they are still in the process of trying to forget it.
    free shit from a company/for an event is commonly referred to as swag...before the swag fad even was showing off its swag

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Nice thought but suddenly PTSD - Would be even worse if Bane visited
    only logical visit is Alfred, or Morgan Freeman. How could anyone ever resist a visit from Morgan Freeman
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be a nice jesture if he went there, but not in the god damn bat suit

Do I think he should visit? No. Would it be cool if he did? Very much so.

Should implies some sort of moral obligation, which Bale doesn't and shouldn't feel. If he did it out of the kindness of his own heart, that would be very admirable. If people rant and rave on the internet so much that he goes just to shut everyone up...no thanks.

Also, very lousy poll options.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    He really doesn't have to. This girl is trying to start something deemed good, but all it does is put Christian Bale in this awkward position where he'll be branded as heartless if he doesn't visit these people.

Bale, Nolan, etc. have no responsibility to do anything. I think Nolan's released statement is good enough.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    free shit from a company/for an event is commonly referred to as swag...before the swag fad even was showing off its swag

Merchandise is what I've always heard it called. Even if it was free due to certain circumstances, it has always been merchandise. That also probably has to do with the communities we've grown up in. To each his own.

Also why would this be closed? Nothing really wrong with posting about it.

I suppose it would be nice if he went maybe, as himself and NOT as batman, but it's not needed and some of the victims may or may not appreciate it. He should NOT feel pressured to, as the attack was in NO way his fault, the same goes with everyone else affiliated with the movie.

In the end I'd say it's a bad idea. Maybe just have him issue a writeen statement if anything but I think that WB and Nolan's statements have been enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vekrah View Post
    Do I think he should visit? No. Would it be cool if he did? Very much so.

Should implies some sort of moral obligation, which Bale doesn't and shouldn't feel. If he did it out of the kindness of his own heart, that would be very admirable. If people rant and rave on the internet so much that he goes just to shut everyone up...no thanks.

Also, very lousy poll options.
    I was gonna make a post expressing my opinion, but then I read this. This is literally my exact opinion on the subject.

Though I hadn't considered the chance of PTSD. Idk though, I don't think kids perceive Batman as scary, he's a superhero. I say, ask a professional psychiatrist before doing anything like that.