Upgrading my PC ready for launch, could use some help!

Hey guys + girls!

I was just wondering if I could get some advice on how I should upgrade my PC in order for me to run the game smoothly ready for next month's launch! I currently have to run the game at 'best performance' and the FPS isn't terrible but it isn't great either.

My current rig is as follows:

i5 750
    Nvidia GTX 260 Gainward GS
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Thanks in advance!
    Do it because you want to, not because you have to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyasashi View Post
    You could get some more RAM there are pretty good and cheap kits. You don't have to go for 1600mhz since they don't offer that much over 800/1333mhz.
    Also a better videocard would be needed.

But what are you willing to spend?
    I dont agree with more RAM, at no point does GW2 take more then 2GB of RAM, so unless you want to run multiple games at once, it wont help, even though Miyasashi is correct about them being cheap.

Only thing that can be worth upgrading is your graphics card,but on the other hand you will be able to play game on this graphics card with 40+ fps and everything except shadows on top settings. If you want absolutely top GW2 and kinda futureproof upgrade, get 4GB more RAM and GTX 560ti/ HD 7850/HD 7870. There are even better GPU availible, but IMO not worth the added price for middle-high range gaming rigs.

P.S if you are looking for upgrade because of poor performance in this beta weekend, make sure to first download nvidia beta drivers, there is info somewhere around here on that!

Okay, brilliant, thanks!

I was taking a look at RAM the other day and the prices have tumbled down since I built this machine, I may invest in some purely for multimedia purposes.

About the GPU, I was taking a look at the 560ti and the 570 Phantom Edition, although, I'm not sure if the higher price point is entirely worth the investment on the phantom?

I'll give that setting adjustment a quick test and see how it performs with the new beta driver and get back to you!

Windows 7 64-bit

Give us a budget maybe we can help you.
    Playing since 2007.