Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW, D3..and then? What is next?

Like the title says, what do you hope Blizzard will come up with next?

For me the ultimate would be a remake of WoW
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

project titan

Deleted
    Warcraft 4, meaning not an update for WoW, not even an MMO, but a sequel to Warcraft 3. I have been waiting for them to announce it for ages...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Warcraft 4, meaning not an update for WoW, not even an MMO, but a sequel to Warcraft 3. I have been waiting for them to announce it for ages...
    This. in fact i'm going to go replay wc3 now thanks to this comment.

Deleted
    screwing up another franchise in 5.4.3.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Aiviymatoc View Post
    screwing up another franchise in 5.4.3.2...
    Oh snap.....

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Is this official? Will they start on Warcraft 4?
    Echo: "What?
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    Is this official? Will they start on Warcraft 4?
    Might have worded it wrong, didn't mean that they have announced it, meant that I really really want them to and have been waiting for them to do so for ages. I'm pretty sure they will at some point considering how big Warcraft 3 is even to this day, and how many who play WoW would probably also love to see a Warcraft 4, it's basically a gold mine. But nothing official has been mentioned about it sadly no.

Titan has been described as a new IP, so what we do know is that is not a new WoW or any other existing blizzard franchise.
    I don't think a new WoW MMO will work because players would lose their time and money commitment, which is a good part of why no other game has been the roaring success, the wow-killers they have been made out to be.
    They need win over more than eye-candy.

They said Warcraft as RTS won't happen. I hardly think Blizzard will do anything other than MMO at this point. Even their single-player game is client-server based.

Deleted
    The expansion pack for SC2 should come early next year. But what comes after that, I don't know. There's going to be another SC2 expansion pack and maybe a D3 expansion pack in addition to the WoW expansion packs. I'm quite sure that "project Titan" won't get ever released, they will just focus on SC, Diablo and WoW for now at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    They said Warcraft as RTS won't happen. I hardly think Blizzard will do anything other than MMO at this point. Even their single-player game is client-server based.
    When and where did they say this? Haven't heard anything of it. Source?

My predictions for the future:

Blizzard finally goes through with making Warcraft 4. The game is hyped up beyond all reckoning by the players, while Blizzard is drowned out, trying desperately to explain that it's only a game. The game is given 100% user reviews 6 months before being released and is widely regarded as the obvious game of the year contender in 2016. It features gameplay that is a cross-breed of both Warcraft 2's style, with a light dose of Starcraft 2's. The CGI previews are unbelievable and people pretty much orgasm on seeing them. The game is finally released after World of Warcraft's storylines had been concluded in the final expansion, released 9 months before at the end of 2015.

The game follows on directly from Warcraft: Space Lazer Dragons, with the main factions in the game as 3 playable options. The Pandaren Horde (due to the Orcs being defeated in a battle of succession by some pandas, the Pandaren now run the horde. Karma.), The Alliance (Now featuring Murlocs, Walrus Men, Rabbits and sentient potatoes as units) and an army of 300 marines.

Despite Blizzard giving people everything they always wanted to conclude the game the way they thought it should play out, people flip out and go crazy over the game featuring randomly colored piñatas that drop from the hero characters in the game. The pinatas are neither important nor relevant to the game. People had asked for them for years, but when they found out there would be a player run cred-chip auction house to facilitate it, they rage hard.

The game itself is good, had solid gameplay and reminded a lot of people of the older games, while having enough new features to keep them happy. However, after people found out the game could be beaten in a measly 12 hours, they flip out and rage again. Despite not having finished the game themselves. Also, despite having multiple difficulties to play through, lots of the same players rage about the hardest difficulty being hard, the normal difficulty being normal and the easy one being easy.

Before MMO-Champion's neuro link site can crash under the waves of rage powered thoughts generated by 1% of the game's players who are always the most vocal, giant ants attack and take control of the Earth. Total Biscuit and Athene neuro blog about how easy the game is from their nuclear bunkers and the giant ants rage thoroughly about it.

I would like war 4 the most, but I doubt it happens.

WoW seems to have usurped the Warcraft IP. I'm most interested in what titan will be and have been since the rumor of the project began. I just hope its not some awful micro transactional hell. Still and entire WoW 2 would be nice, a full engine revamp etc take some serious time to develop it, not co-develop it while developing patches and expansions. Don't think that will happen either, the infrastructure for WoW must be insane and total pain (economic pain) to revamp.

What is coming in what order...MoP, SC2 expansion, D3 Expansion, Titan info in that order...end of 2014 time frame.

We already know that next is:

Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm
    Diablo 3 xpack
    Starcraft II Legacy of the Void
    Titan

probably nothing else.

Titan, the facebook game probably

Project Titan, which sounds like it's going to be Bobby Kotick's wet dream. Based on some the team, and what little details people have dug up, it sounds like it's targeting the broadest audience possible with micro-transactions galore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it's HoTS. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Titan, the facebook game probably
    More like: Titan, the Everything Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order of time

Catacylsm, SC2: Zerg Exp, Diablo 3: First Exp (Based off blizzard slate), SC2: Protoss Exp, Titan, Diablo 3, 2nd Exp, WoW 6.0