Need traveling / getting away from the world advice

Hey,

So basically alot of terrible things have happened to me this year regarding family and love life, I need to get away from everything fast and actually do my dream of traveling, In November of this year im off to the Alps to be a snowboard instructor for 5 months from now until then I need something to do abroad.

So first of all its my dream to visit Australia as im a big scuba diver, I have readily available work over there due to where i currently work but my question is, how fast / hard is it to get a visa and if i worked there for 3 months will i be able to get another visa later on down the line for example next year?

Next of all if not Australia does anyone have any idea's of where to spend my next 3 months my dream is too progress in my diving or maby just find some work else where I do have some money behind me but not enough to just float around the world for 3 months and at the same time i would like to work meet new people and just have a good time.

If you're not planning any longer than a year visit to Australia, then the "working holiday" visa is probably for you. See http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/
    Smarter people correct the following if I'm speaking bullshit.
    Easiest way is to apply for it online. It depends likely on your nationality of how easy/hard it is to obtain. The process is said to take several weeks. When the visa is approved you have 1 year to enter the country. When you enter the visa is valid for 1 year starting from the day you enter Australia (not the day your application was approved).
    What comes to diving, there's plenty of (diver-friendly) places packed with tourists, but I don't know how easy it is for a foreigner to put up a shop without any local contacts, say in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam or such. Especially if you're planning on a trip as short as 3 months, they're not probably that decent locations for looking for a temporary job.
    And if you're not really able to do a 3 month trip without working during it, then my advice is not to do it or do a shorter one. Handling all the formalities and things you need to do when settling down for a work in a new place take that much time and effort, so if you're only planning to be on the road for 3 months at tops, then sit down and think again. And if not doing the trip is not an option, then perhaps seek for some more low cost locations than Australia (and diving). There's still plenty of places where you can go very cheap.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2012-07-22 at 10:40 PM.