Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can a 61 weapon EVER be good?

Unless it rolls with a 12+ reduced item level can a 61 weapon ever be useful? Or even a 62 for that matter?

Deleted
    Good? Not really. I've got some 800+ damage 1 handed weapons but they usually don't have a socket or much of anything else then. I guess it's possible to get something that costs around 100k though but not much better.

Deleted
    Ofc they can. The concept of what is "a good weapon" depends on your point of you and I'd argue that weapons in D3 are the least understood items in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Ofc they can. The concept of what is "a good weapon" depends on your point of you and I'd argue that weapons in D3 are the least understood items in the entire game.
    yea guess you are right considering i posted this last night and it hasnt gotten a single bid yet and started bid is only 40 mil which I think was a decent value to start at.

10+ Year Old Account
    People usually bid at the last minute. Just wait.

Mathematically, yes, 61 and 62 weapons can be good. I guarantee no one has ever gotten a perfect weapon. And if anyone does, it will sell for a virtually limitless amount of gold. Likely into the quadrillions.

15+ Year Old Account
    61s can get above 700 dps, but it's analogous to 63s getting above 900 or 1000 dps. Would a perfect 61 be usable to clear Inferno, absolutely. I see pretty solid 62s occasionally in my AH searches, but I haven't bought or found one worth using in a while.

"Good weapon" is relative, sure. My 775 dps str/loh/cd/os axe is at the same time Godly to an Inferno newb, Decent for me, and Crap to a player with 100s of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    People usually bid at the last minute. Just wait.

OK i was starting to think this was just a paper weight

Also I have sold a few 61s and 62s for 1-3 mil but they were probably highest DPS rolls, with high life on kill, and reduced level 14-17 becuase i wont list them otherwise. If they dont have a reduced level of at least 12 i consider them all salvage fodder.

First off weapons which are just temp but help one get trough an act only selling for 40million - 200 million gold is goofy, but hey the players are setting the prices and it is what is pushing folks to spend 22 dollars on a better one than farming for a month. IMO the players are out of control with prices and will soon be lucky so even get rid of many weapons because of ppl just giving up and farming lower acts to make real cash. Too bad Blizzard does not flood the market with so many thousands of 250k one handers they run the nuts out of the game.

Oh and the 40 million gold bow above.......I guess a friend who gave me one free for a DH that cant even use it yet deserves more thanks than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes having friends > having in game stuff.
    and yes a ilv 61 wep can be good, for the right person.

there will always be some one who will find small budget upgrades from the 600->790 dps range. 200k -> 600k is ok for under 700 dps weps.
    if it has socket, and nice stats. it will do.

sure there will always be guys who will ask 20m for a 600dps sword (saw one today) and there will be rich ppl who will buy stuff. but they are the minority imo.

Put simply, no. 1.1k bows are going for 10k gold. 850 dps 1 handers are going for just as little. Considering that ilvl 61 weapons max out around there, you won't be getting much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buryit View Post
    First off weapons which are just temp but help one get trough an act only
    Reduced item level weapons rock. I might have to break out the pic of my 46 witchdoctor with 36k DPS just to prove it lol. They also have fast resale because people always wanna level fast. How else do you explain people doing the same boring quest over and over like Azmodan runs and then Kulle kills? Now with every quest exploit removed the only way is killing mobs and questing. Having a 1k DPS weapon with 2300 life on kill makes you unkillable until you hit 60. Then just put it on the AH and it will sell in a few hours for around what you paid for it. The one I sold for 3 million was a 2H staff with 930 DPS, 2300 life on kill, 100 int, and 45% crit. Im sure I could have gotten more but I only paid $1.50 for it on the RMAH which is like 500k. I used it on my first wizard and just Blizzarded my way all the way to 60. Just kept doing the first part of Act 3 over and over since I finished Hell at only 58. Also if PvP has brackets for levels having a 1200 DPS weapon = lolz.

Deleted
    no never :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Reduced item level weapons rock. I might have to break out the pic of my 46 witchdoctor with 36k DPS just to prove it lol. They also have fast resale because people always wanna level fast. How else do you explain people doing the same boring quest over and over like Azmodan runs and then Kulle kills? Now with every quest exploit removed the only way is killing mobs and questing. Having a 1k DPS weapon with 2300 life on kill makes you unkillable until you hit 60. Then just put it on the AH and it will sell in a few hours for around what you paid for it. The one I sold for 3 million was a 2H staff with 930 DPS, 2300 life on kill, 100 int, and 45% crit. Im sure I could have gotten more but I only paid $1.50 for it on the RMAH which is like 500k. I used it on my first wizard and just Blizzarded my way all the way to 60. Just kept doing the first part of Act 3 over and over since I finished Hell at only 58. Also if PvP has brackets for levels having a 1200 DPS weapon = lolz.
    My lvl 46 1handed Bow with 690Dps wont sell, best i seen for sale was 200Dps lol.

Deleted
    Short anwer - yes. For sure not main hand, but with good rolls it can go for 10-20mil np.
    U need ridic stats composition - dps doesn't matter that much. Speaking about tornado barb - offhand is mainly a stat stick. IF weapon got much more stats, barb will choose 400dps offhand than 1000dps with no stats.

U need a socket and extra crit dmg - those are a must. Next life on hit 400+, life steal and str. More stats , higher values they will go the better price it will get.

ilvl 61s usually are decent off hands. Not many of them are good main hands, but they can have high attack speed, life on hit, critical hit damage, and a gem for extra crit hit damage. Not very high dps, but the affixes are what make a good off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    My lvl 46 1handed Bow with 690Dps wont sell, best i seen for sale was 200Dps lol.
    Part of the reason the reduced level requirement items have a harder time selling isn't their lack of value, but the lack of player knowledge in how to search for them.

If you just put in the "Reduced level requirement" option and a numerical value by iteself and are searching on a non-LV 60 character, you're not going to find what you're looking for. In addition to that option, you need to put in 42-60 in the min/max level fields. This forces the AH search to find those awesome weapons, which while they have the RLR affix, are still LV 60 weapons as far as the AH is concerned. So the only way to find that shiny 900 DPS crossbow that requires LV 42 is to do the search as follows:

MinLV: 42 - MaxLV 60

Option1: Reduced Level Requirement [18]

The item in brackets is the minimum value for the RLR affix. The number you put in here should be 60 - (YourCharacter'sCurrentLevel). So if your character is LV 43, you want to put a "17" into that bracket (text field for that option). Only then will you find the item you so dearly are after.

That said, until more players figure this out, and put that min/max level and the correct RLR minimum level change value in there, they'll never even see your item when it's up on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    Part of the reason the reduced level requirement items have a harder time selling isn't their lack of value, but the lack of player knowledge in how to search for them.
    I dont have a hard time selling them at all. usually they go within an hour or 2. But I dont put crap like reduced ilvl of 5 with 300 DPS up either. All of mine are over 12 levels and 800 DPS if 2 hander or 500 DPS if 1 hander. Also if no life on kill it wont sell. Thats what makes them OP. Some can have 2k life on kill and since you are killing mobs so fast with AoEs that you cant die. No life on kill means no sell pretty much. Unless its just godly like 1200 DPS with 200 stats, crit, and a socket.

interesting point

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    There's never any need to actually search for the reduced item level stat. These OP items will simply show at the top of any search you do due to the fact that their itemized ridiculously well for whatever level you happen to be.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.