Are these good computer specs for gaming?

I'm buying a custom built comp since my old computer sucked and I need to know whether these specs will be adequate for gaming. I'll mostly be playing WoW and minecraft although I might try out diablo 3 since my old computer couldn't handle it. I'm kind of a noob at this.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K
    Memory: 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 2GB - Single Card
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
    Power Supply: 700 watt
    Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Those specs should handle just about anything out these days.

Edit: I'm using:

Amd 9550 quad core
    16gb ram 2x8gb
    550ti 1gb gpu
    and an old 400gb sata hdd.

I haven't run into any games I can't run on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Those specs should handle just about anything out these days.

Edit: I'm using:

Amd 9550 quad core
    16gb ram 2x8gb
    550ti 1gb gpu
    and an old 400gb sata hdd.

I haven't run into any games I can't run on it yet.
    Alright sweet thanks man.

Deleted
    These are all fine and dandy, but.

A. You don't need a soundcard, it's buildt in to the motherboard. (unless you have the most awsome headset/speakers, like 300$ and want to match those).

B. Networkcard is also buildt in so you don't need that. (unless you want one of those that "allegedly" reduce some of the ms out there).

C. Unless you're going with 2xGraphics in the future 700w Power supply is over due. 500w is enough, overclocked included. (Might be good if you must have the extra NW-card and soundcard).

D. Don't cheap out on the Grapicscard. Atleast go for 560ti, that should keep you in the game for a little while longer.

Other than that, it's all good.

(This is my opinion, feel free to give him better advice, if there are any) ;P

Hope I could save u some bucks.

You don't need 16 GB of RAM. Get 8 GB and don't go cheap (Corsair or major brand), those will be value RAMs that aren't worth the trouble. Get the upgrade to HyperX, Vengeance or w/e they got on sale atm.
    Invest in a decent Graphics Card such as the R.6950 or N.560ti. 2 GB isn't necessary for the games listed.
    Get a real Power Supply between 500W and 650W. The "Standard" models are bad.
    Not sure what kind of Hard Drive that is, but you're probably safer with a good old Caviar Blue/Black.
    No need for a Sound Card.

Deleted
    Like others said, 16GB of RAM is useless (for now), get only 8 GB of RAM, remove the sound card and get a better graphic card (nvidia is going to release new one soon).
    Also, I will suggest you to take an SSD to put your system on it (and 1 or 2 games), all the others software will go on your 1TB hard drive

16gb of ram is NOT useless - if you do alot of video editing then 16gb is not enough!

BUT , for gaming then 8GB is `the sweet spot`, and downgrade the motherboard to an ASROCK Z77 PRO3 , with the money saving get at least a GTX 560Ti instead of the GTS550Ti.

edit: for ram look at crucial ocorsair standard stuff - you wont notice any difference paying extra for heatisnk ram (which is pointless anyway) or lower latencey

Thanks for the help guys

Here are my new specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K
    Memory: 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 2GB - Single Card
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 -- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16
    Power Supply: 600 watt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I highly recommend buying a high quality power supply, don't overlook its importance!

I love my Corsair tx650w power supply, it's been kicking hard for over 2 years now and It purrs like a kitten (can't hear it)
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

high quality psu , but you dont honestly need 16gb of ram.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed the 16 GB of ram is overkill; I'm running on 4 gb and I have yet to need more, I never use more than 3.5 GB -- so 8 would be more than enough
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Yeah I highly recommend buying a high quality power supply, don't overlook its importance!

I love my Corsair tx650w power supply, it's been kicking hard for over 2 years now and It purrs like a kitten (can't hear it)
    Whats the advantage to having a high quality power supply compared to the standard?

10+ Year Old Account
    A large portion of computer issues stem from the power supply, by getting a better quality power supply you would reduce the chance of something going wrong down the road. Cheap PSU's are often times more so unstable, and don't provide as clean, efficient and consistent electricity to your rig (costing you more money, especially if they break down)

Quote Originally Posted by Madoreck View Post
    Thanks for the help guys

Here are my new specs:

Memory: 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 2GB - Single Card
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 -- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16
    Power Supply: 600 watt
    Get a 7850 , cost as much as 560 Ti, but its much better, run cooler, not power hungry at all, easy overclock to 1Ghz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102986 240$

Dont get a generic ''600 Watts'' Power supply, get a quality brand like this one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817207013 60$ with promo code

As many people said, you dont need 16gb just get 8gb 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Since you're getting a Z77 motherboard and a 3570k , maybe you should spend some $$ on a decent heatsink so you can overclock it.
    Without touching the voltage you can easily overclock it to 4ghz as long as it stay cool :P
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181012 Corsair A50, 33$

Quote Originally Posted by Madoreck View Post
    Whats the advantage to having a high quality power supply compared to the standard?
    Generic PSU are not reliable for many reasons
    They are not efficient, loud, cant deliver clean power and/or the advertised wattage/amps.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2012-07-24 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually recommend sticking with the 560ti if you're going to be playing in the Blizzard Universe with WoW and D3, D3 Specifically has had many issues with a lot of AMD's cards and drivers with them not being supported.

I also read somewhere that Nvidia's cards perform better in World of Warcraft than the equivalent AMD card's, I'm on my way out otherwise I'd link a source! I think it was from tomshardware.com if I'm not mistaken.

1)550 Ti isnt a gaming card, go for an actual gaming card, wait for 660 Ti that comes out in ~20ish days, or like a 7850 or 7870 as others mentioned, i would really go for the 660 Ti though.

2)16 Ram is overkill but doesnt mean its bad, keep it or lose it to save money to put somewhere else., also 1333 is low, go for 1.6k, 1 to 1 with your CPU.

3)Get a proper PSU, you dont really need above ~650 with a single GPU, make sure its a proper brand, and a 80+ plus one, silver at least.

4)Sound card is useless unless you need it for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I'd actually recommend sticking with the 560ti if you're going to be playing in the Blizzard Universe with WoW and D3, D3 Specifically has had many issues with a lot of AMD's cards and drivers with them not being supported.

I also read somewhere that Nvidia's cards perform better in World of Warcraft than the equivalent AMD card's, I'm on my way out otherwise I'd link a source! I think it was from tomshardware.com if I'm not mistaken.
    Thats not true actually. AMD graphic card perform just a good as their Nvidia ''equivalent'' in any blizzard game..... but At the moment Nvidia Has NO equivalent in the 250-350$ segment. The 560 TI is last gen and the 7850 is just MUCH better , its actually on a par with a 570 or 6970.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Thats not true actually. AMD graphic card perform just a good as their Nvidia ''equivalent'' in any blizzard game..... but At the moment Nvidia Has NO equivalent in the 250-350$ segment. The 560 TI is last gen and the 7850 is just MUCH better , its actually on a par with a 570 or 6970.
    Good to know, ty

15+ Year Old Account
    16GB worthless?Right now I am using 9.76, right now while I am playing a game and have many things open, I would hate to be stuck with 8Gb.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Thanks for the help guys. I'll definitely put money into a better power supply and stick with the 8GB ram. I'll also get the 7850 instead of the 560 ti.