Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah, their builder series is awful.

As far as OCZ goes, I don't know. They used to make bad RAM, that's the one thing I'll hold against them. They've definitely picked up their act since then, and their PSUs are among the best bang for your buck you can get now with reliability to boot. It's safe to scratch their Sandforce mishap to a fluke since they were the only ones to try out that specific controller. The way they handled it could have been better, but that doesn't detract from their mostly solid scorecard otherwise these past few years. Their current lineup of components is nothing to balk at.

I have a PSU and SSD from them. Not out of fanboyism or anything, just because I got good deals on the stuff. I've had zero issue so far.

Another company that seems to be to climbing out of their reputation in the same way is Biostar. Reputations can always change.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-07-24 at 06:06 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they better change their reputation if they want to stop digging themselves deeper and fall into a cycle of bad reputation > poor sales > barely any reviews > worse sales > omnomnom'd by a giant company.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-23 at 11:49 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

That is, if a giant company would want to take the risk of absorbing them and exposing themselves to the inevitable "[company] going up the Swanee, just bought out Biostar"
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-07-23 at 12:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Their PSU's not SSD's....I was always under the impression they were immortal
    CX units are atrociously bad.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 09:57 AM ----------

Also not surprised with the return rate of Asus motherboards. I've had to RMA every one I've owned except the P8Z68V so far.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well they better change their reputation if they want to stop digging themselves deeper and fall into a cycle of bad reputation > poor sales > barely any reviews > worse sales > omnomnom'd by a giant company.
    Well if you want to look at this this way Xuvial, they are the largest SSD player on the market, their net worth is increasing rapidly and steadily and their reviews are everywhere.

So that bad cycle would have to go very very very very very deep (ass end of hell deep) to end up there.
    But who knows, idle hands are the devil's playground.