Deleted

PvP Shaman need help

Hello!

I will start by refering to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h%c3%b6/simple
    ^note that i do have a cata shield.

i have started playing 3s and im around 1500-1600 rating. Im playing either: Me, Frost dk, warrior or me, warlock, rogue/spriest.
    But im realy struggeling versus hard nuking teams such as ret pala, warrior or ret pala frost dk. Or a 3dps's team. I just cant stay alive versus teams that can stick to me that much, and those ret palas just nuke the s*** out of me and that is with just under 5k resil.

Even when i do fake casts (im not an expert) and i pop cd's as spirit link and have earth shield on my self, im dotted with riptide and i use my stoneclaw totem, im still getting burned down and cant stay alive. I dont know if its due to me or my partners are not protecting me against the starting burst from eg ret palas.

I get cant to higher rating because I get focused down too fast. If they dont focus me we win 9/10 arenas. So clearly im not surviving as good as i should.

Any tips of how you do it or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Deleted
    First replace dk frost with unholy, more cc and survivability. second, in match vs hard nuking team is a matter of your teammates to help you out. Enemy ret pop wings? ok throw down. Trinket i? ok aoe fear of warrior. Somergue break your balls? unholy dk pet stun (gnaw) . Vs triple dps healer must hard rely on his teammates. I am rest shammy with 5k resil and i tell you, replace frost dk. Is useless. Better unholy.
    Regarding warrior you must get used to the fact that vs caster setup he is the focus of your dispels. For the rest is a matter of pratice.
    regarding your rest spec one advice. Use focussed insight, frost shock+riptide is an epic combo with that talent it always heal a lot while i kite. Remove nature guardian is useless 15%healt when u are burned down. Glyph of healing stream totem is useless swell, Put ghost wolf glyph. Thrust me it helps a lot.

pm me if u need some more help

Deleted
    Your talents and glyphs are fine, but indeed you could have glyph of ghost wolf there instead if you want but it's not necessary. Don't take focused insight, it's shit and no one uses it and natures guardian isn't useless as it's a free battlemaster basically. And you told that you could play with a lock and rogue / spriest, play with them instead either as RLS or shadowplay. Both are very good comps but RLS is slightly better than shadowplay and it counters almost every comp except triple dps and RMP.

TL;DR Play RLS or shadowplay and practice. Don't care if you lose against triple dps as RLS, not much you can do, just wait for a new season and hope it's a better one.

Deleted
    Honesty focused insight is op, for example vs melee use frost shock run away and cast healing surge and look healed amount.

P.s. Remove stamina resil gems and put INT AND SPIRIT gems.

Deleted
    I've tried it and so has every glad / r1 player and no one uses it. It might be occasionally ok, but it's not worth it to take it because it doesn't proc of wind shear.

Deleted
    Well depend a lot i saw also may player in high tiers play with this spec, which for me is kinda crazy, but just look
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhbMZbZbGbGsdfosz

for me lose the instant gw and improved shield is something crazy, but i believe your spec should reflect your mentality. Personally i shock a lot using the glyph so focussed insight is o for me. (frost shock glyped[-1 sec global cd] then unleash frost brand then instant riptide is my 1 kiting combo on melee targets.

Deleted
    Are you seriously using frostbrand weapon instead of earthliving? And yes some people use that spec so they get a shorter cd on wind shear and some reduced damage from spells. Me and most of the good players use the ghost wolf spec though, and it's much easier to survive melee cleaves with it, meanwhile the wind shear spec is slightly better against wizards.

Deleted
    i use earth living and swap it for fb when i need to kite ofc. 70%undispellable slow is totally worth 1 sec global cd.

Deleted
    Ah yea I did that as well in the beginning of cataclysm but people rarely do it anymore, feels like it's not worth it as you need that global to heal yourself to keep yourself alive.

Deleted
    naa better a snare than a heal spam with a kick risk!

I think it might not be something that you need to do as much as your other 2 teammates need to do. For instance when a ret pally pops his wings against you your warrior needs to switch to him and use a mix of throw down and disarm and put heavy pressure on him at that time because he will be forced to possibly go more defensive. The warrior will also be able to help you with peels, as well as the improved ghost wolf speed from the glyph they should have a hard time catching up to you. Your best defensive is to just kite them like crazy.

Deleted
    I play caster cleave and sometimes is boring and i think also against dos or rogues is good have something non dispellable that endure 5 seconds. For the rest i think is play style. I find myself in a good condition doing that

Deleted
    Vs 3 dps team you have to use SLT at start and just sit in that (precast riptide and start with es on u) Forget casting, use all your defensive cooldowns if you can afford it (enemy used trinket and noone can dispell it) you can ns hex one dps, your warrior can throwdown the second and you just keep on healing yourself

ALWAYS dispell asap if you can see ret, dispell at start, so you will have less buffs to dispell when he pops wings if rng isnt with u

Faking DK protip - you can ground his interrupt

Always keep yourself close to your partners if you are getting focused

Kiting is your friend, throw that earthbind down and shape into wolf and kite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eziush View Post
    Vs 3 dps team you have to use SLT at start and just sit in that (precast riptide and start with es on u) Forget casting, use all your defensive cooldowns if you can afford it (enemy used trinket and noone can dispell it) you can ns hex one dps, your warrior can throwdown the second and you just keep on healing yourself

ALWAYS dispell asap if you can see ret, dispell at start, so you will have less buffs to dispell when he pops wings if rng isnt with u

Faking DK protip - you can ground his interrupt

Always keep yourself close to your partners if you are getting focused

Kiting is your friend, throw that earthbind down and shape into wolf and kite
    SLT at inc is a fail.they simply break it down, use instant heal instead. SLT forces ur teammate to hug ya and maybe a dps cross the side. Na sly is used AFTER instant heal.

ghost wolf and los dk or ground kick then surge spam.