Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

is your grandmother a racist?

so is ur granny a racist?

mine is
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    What the fuck, I go into OT to find this.
    And no, she isn't.

Yes, yes she is. I feel like this topic will probably be closed before long, but I'll share my racist grandmother story.

My grandparents used to live in Florida, and while there my grandpa got sick. My grandmother, having just recently moved to Florida, did not have a general doctor to go to, so she called the hospital, told them what was wrong with him, and demanded that he "not get one of them damn A-rab doctors" (pronounced as, literally, A rab.) My mom and I were in the room with her during this call and our faces at that time, I will never forget it.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my dad's side yeah they're pretty bad, but on my mom's they're heavily religious.

Deleted
    not really, a bit ignorant. shes lived in rural area her whole life, basically her whole life living around middle class white people.

no, but shes pretty homophobic

Deleted
    she would have a hard job being a racist, considering she is keeping grandpa company in an urn.

My grandma is in the middle, she 'doesn't give a shit what someone's skin looks like.' Her own words. She treats people based on how they deserve to be treated. No matter the color of her skin. Pretty objective, I guess.

Yes, but not extremely racist. However, she is racist enough to piss me off...

10+ Year Old Account
    no but all her family is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

My grandmas are dead.

Like literally. But while they were alive I didn't sense any racism. Maybe a little from my dads side but she had alzehimers so most people were frightning to her.

15+ Year Old Account
    My grandma is died, idk about my other one...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Both of mine are dead but yes they both were. One was Australian and she was not a fan of Asians she thought they were all Japanese. The other was American and she was the first person I ever heard say the N word.

Can't say as I never knew either of mine, but my mother has a little bit of it in her. Not in a mean way, but she gets hold of all these weird stereotypes and clings to them as truth. Just the other day she was talking about someone she knew who moved house "because she was a native. The wanderlust is in their blood so they move around a lot". Plus the usuals - all people of middle-eastern descent are devout muslims, all asians are smart etc.

Deleted
    I don't think my grandmother on mom's side is. My Grandmother on my fathers side was though.

my grandma, who was born and raised in the dominican republic, hates white people and all other "gringos"

Deleted
    Yes, it's pretty annoying at times and can even get quite...disturbing. She grew up here in Austria. Yeah, you probably know the rest. It's not like she's a complete nazi or something like that, it's just that she has that kind of mindset to always blame foreigners for everything.

On my moms side, I think it's a yes

On my dads side, No.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's more ignorant really. She doesn't hate them, she just believes in some of the racist stereotypes. My half sisters grandma on the other hand... is pretty damn racist. She refuses to look at my sisters prom pictures because she went to the prom with a black guy.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-07-24 at 02:36 AM.

Mom's side, no.

Dad's side, she's really French (Canadian) and from what I understand religious. She favors my sister because she's the only sibling that fluently speaks French and out of boyfriends in the past she liked the French one the most.

As an example of favortism, for Christmas she got the most amount of money, I got a couple bucks and my brother literally got nothing.

My brother is older than me. ❤