1st time builder need a double check before I buy.

1st time builder I will be playing MMORPG like SWTOR and GW2 and whatever else that comes out MMO wise that looks like it has good pvp. So ive done a lot of research and managed to stay under $1400 but id like a double check before I buy all this. I don't plan on running a sli dual card unless the price dropped by a lot on the Asus GeForce GTX 670 which I doubt is happening anytime soon. I have my own mouse, keyboard, and monitor already. Does it look good for the money? Will it all fit and work together? Is there a far superior alternative I have overlooked? Is anything I picked very bad quality? Thanks for the help!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($145.98)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.95 )
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 )
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($437.86)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($124.98 )
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series EA-650 650W ATX12V (119.99)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($17.99)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.65 )
    Total: $1391.35 USA

I'd change the HDD (the seagate) to a Western Digital Caviar Black. More reliable.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'd change the HDD (the seagate) to a Western Digital Caviar Black. More reliable.
    This and I would change the GPU to the Gigabyte WindForce x3 GTX 670, save $40 right there for the same thing, essentially.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

ok good to know thanks! so everything else looks good then i take it?

Not a fan of the HAF cases, but that is more personal preference than anything else.

Deleted
    I would up the power supply to 750+ for future gpu upgrade potential, other that that looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by richowen View Post
    I would up the power supply to 750+ for future gpu upgrade potential, other that that looks ok.
    His current PSU selection will handle any upgrade or SLI / CF configuration just fine.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    His current PSU selection will handle any upgrade or SLI / CF configuration just fine.
    ^^

He will definitely do fine with an Antec PSU, that is 650 watt, AND Platinum rated. O_o Plus for those unaware, the 670 does not need much juice and the 3570K is a pretty low-wattage CPU tbf. Could certainly add another 670 in the mix and do alright. Though I wouldn't add much more after that and I'd only OC the CPU. I'm probably just being overly-careful though. lol
    "A flower.

Anyone know much about the XClio touch 787 ATX full tower? its smaller then my HAF XM mid tower but has a ton of fans and some nice features for the same price. My concern is will my hyper 212 cooler fit in it or will it be hitting the fans?

I would link it but I don't have link rights yet apparently... but it is on new egg Item# N82E16811103042

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a proponent of Fractal. Arc Midi being my main preference. There is plenty of space for your cooler in it, though I prefer the A70 as seen in my sig over the hyper 212. Ease of installation, plus it comes with 2 fans for push/pull stock.

Also, not familiar with the Ares series. Make sure its 1.5v and has good timings. Also, you'll want to make sure that your RAM is Low Profile just for ease. See the Vengeance RAM in my sig for an example. I'm at work so I can't go digging around for the spec on that RAM atm.

G.Skill Ares is the low-profile RAM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not a fan of the HAF cases, but that is more personal preference than anything else.
    I normally agree but actually find the HAF XM to be a decent case (along with the Storm trooper and Storm Stryker).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I am a proponent of Fractal. Arc Midi being my main preference. There is plenty of space for your cooler in it, though I prefer the A70 as seen in my sig over the hyper 212. Ease of installation, plus it comes with 2 fans for push/pull stock.

Also, not familiar with the Ares series. Make sure its 1.5v and has good timings. Also, you'll want to make sure that your RAM is Low Profile just for ease. See the Vengeance RAM in my sig for an example. I'm at work so I can't go digging around for the spec on that RAM atm.
    One could essentially equate the G.Skill Ares RAM to the Corsair Vengeance LP RAM, both top-notch quality from their given manufacturers but with shorter heatsinks. The Ares RAM is apparently very good quality, thus equatable to Vengeance, also.
    "A flower.