My Friend claims his paper was "Forcefully Removed' from him today.

So, i currently live and work in Washington State, at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Washington. My friend called me this morning at work, and he was very distressed sounding. He currently works for some university studying evolution. ( i don't really pay attention to his conversations usually, as i don't find myself interested in his line of work) He called me because he claims that some outside organization removed one of his papers on the possibility of highly intelligent humanoid creatures living in some rain forest. ( again, i don't really have an interest in his field of work) He seems to think it was some government spook that removed it. I find the claim to be outlandish. Why would anyone care about a paper written by a no name biologist or w/e he is. Anyways, he is all freaked out, and he usually isn't super paranoid, should I tell him how unwarranted his fears are, or should i take a less direct approach so i don't hurt his ego?

Panic and tell him to run for the hills? After 2 or 3 days of hiding he will realise that nothing is wrong and that his concerns were over the top. Just make sure he doesn't start conspiring with the forest people while he's out there.

So you don't know what your friend does, you don't listen to his conversations, then he calls you and you probably weren't listening to the conversation again, and now you post on these forums as if there is anything at all we can do? Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, resist urge to reference Sacred Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So you don't know what your friend does, you don't listen to his conversations, then he calls you and you probably weren't listening to the conversation again, and now you post on these forums as if there is anything at all we can do? Awesome.
    Yeah, pretty much. No need to keep all panicky yet, until you know the details. At least find someone who might know why his paper was taken away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantor View Post
    He called me because he claims that some outside organization removed one of his papers on the possibility of highly intelligent humanoid creatures living in some rain forest.
    Maybe James Cameron took his paper away because he wants to sue over copyrights.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    First, resist urge to reference Sacred Heart.

Yeah, pretty much. No need to keep all panicky yet, until you know the details. At least find someone who might know why his paper was taken away.
    your bias is showing! pull up your pants..

anyway.. Kantor.. you have two choices.. either troll the holy living crap out of him with it..

or! remind him that he may have just misplaced it or maybe one of his other friends was messing with him..

but yeah.. unless he had stumbled upon something classified.. or perhaps was involved in things he shouldn't have been (ie. hacking) has been marathon watching cheesey canadian sci-fi movies.. i wouldn't worry too much..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    your bias is showing! pull up your pants..

anyway.. Kantor.. you have two choices.. either troll the holy living crap out of him with it..

or! remind him that he may have just misplaced it or maybe one of his other friends was messing with him..

but yeah.. unless he had stumbled upon something classified.. or perhaps was involved in things he shouldn't have been (ie. hacking) has been marathon watching cheesey canadian sci-fi movies.. i wouldn't worry too much..
    Thanks for the serious feedback. I guess i should just tell him that he might has misplaced it, although i would hope that he was smart enough to save a copy of his work on his thumb drive. Also, because of aforementioned lack of listening, i am not entirely certain why he said it was forcibly removed from him. or how. i was somewhat distracted, as a lack of sleep can cause me to space out xD. I am just worried he will do something stupid and loose his career by becoming one of those " ITS ALIENS" guys :/

theres some humanoid creatures living in some rain forest around here, but I doubt theyre highly intelligent

unless his paper includes pictures of sasquatch, snap him out of it. His idea is far more ridiculous than him simply misplacing the paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he isn't such a no-name? Maybe he told you he's gotten a bit more well-known in the community of those he works with but you weren't paying attention?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    If it was me, I would have also fired your friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantor View Post
    some outside organization removed one of his papers on the possibility of highly intelligent humanoid creatures living in some rain forest.

He seems to think it was some government spook that removed it
    Was there any proof?

Maybe an associated scientific community attached to his institution removed it because of the possibility of damaging the reputation of their institution by making such outlandish claims without proof.

Anyway... Highly intelligent humanoid creatures living in the forest? You mean like.... humans?