The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

new graphics card, issue with some programs

as topic says, i recently upgraded from a 6850 to a 670. im having problems with some programs like anti malwarebytes where when i open the program, the screen turns black, and then reappears 2 seconds later. Also have an issue with WoW where minimizing/maximizing the game takes longer then it used to. it used to be instant but now also has the screen black for a couple of seconds before everything appears.

Do you run wow in Windowedfullscreen mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you just activated dx11 in wow? i noticed a few issues regarding minimizing in wow when i turned on dx11

Hmm... being a 670 owner myself i must say i've never had those issues before : / You sure its because of the GPU only and not some bad connections and drivers?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, it doesnt happen with all the programs which is the problem lol, it only seems to do it with WoW and something like malwarebytes etc. diablo 3 for example min/maximizes instantly like it used to, could it be a driver issue? i have the latest ones

I am also a 670 owner and have not had any of these issues. Did you completely wipe your old video drivers?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes, should i use driver sweeper or w/e and try reinstalling drivers again?

I know you don't have to, but i always do a clean windows install when I install new hardware (other than RAM or Optical drives).

But yeah, uninstall your current drivers, use a driver sweeping program and re-install them. Make sure direct x is up to date as well (though most games install their own specific direct x drivers, a proper microsoft install couldn't hurt either).
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    where could i download driver sweeper?

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 02:09 PM ----------

i reinstalled the drivers, got rid of the old ones etc, and its still doing the same thing

based on nothing with no knowledge im thinking an addon in wow could maybe cause it. Malware-thing might just be wierd, for whatever reason.

Maybe your computer parts aint 100% compatible with eachother? Also, based on nothing with no knowledge.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ