Deleted

When did you get your 4th Tol'vir rare?

Yeah so, like most of you who have grinded archaeology rares know, it's a quite frustrating profession. I'm obviously interested in the mount which is why I'm doing this, but atm I'm more concerned with the lack of any rares at all. I'm currently at 211 Tol'vir solves, 3 rares, which essentially means that I've solved 160 commons since my last rare.

How many solves did it take you to get your 4th rare? Which one really doesn't matter, I'm really just looking for some kind of number to strive for.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got it after I stopped caring whether I got the mount, sword or anything else ever. Archaeology simply became a way to burn time between raids and make enough gold to repair my stuff without me putting forth too much effort.

Yeah. Took me some time. Got to the point where the only time I tried was a few minutes whole the raid was filling and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think you can judge how long it took others as how long it will take you: the profession just doesn't work that way. The rares popping up are totally random and so it could take you 350 solves to get the last rare and the next guy 12. It's totally RNG.

The only way you can influence the rate you solve tol'vir items and thus hopefully increase your chances of getting rares pop is to make sure you have completed ALL items from the other major races on the continent, namely Night Elf and Fossils. This is because once you have completed a race, the chance of a site for that race spawning is reduced. In Klaimdor the number of Troll and Dwarf sites is so small that this means once you have completed NElf and Fossils you will get lots more Tol'vir spawn.

More sites = more fragments = more solves = more chances of a rare.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Well of course it is about RNG. That doesn't stop me from being interested in how many solves it took the majority to get the 4th solve. Asking how many solves it took to get the mount on the other hand would be totally pointless considering how many people actually get it as their first rare.

And to quote myself:
    I'm really just looking for some kind of number to strive for.

Deleted
    I would say 100 solves per rare, that's how it looks so far for me

Read the comments on wowhead for all the tol'vir rares. There are plenty of anecdotal recaps of peoples experiences there. This includes total solves, solve order and of course the guy who completed the thing you want most within the first 10 solves (or some other "I LUV RNG" type tripe.)

Set your hearth to somewhere in desolace (cenarion wildlands?) and get 2 stacks of Potion of Deepholm would be my advice to those dedicated to get a particular tol'vir rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my 4th rare at about 250 solves. Since then, no news. I'm nearing 500 solves (maybe I already passed them... last time I counted, I was at 432, and it's been a while).

Deleted
    I've done about 120 solves and just got the sword as my 4th rare. Still no mount -.-