Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol nice I love the onion

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Pretty sure that the Infinite G. isn't used in all the Marvel books by those characters hardly ever.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:36 PM ----------

Besides Batman there box office numbers are terrible and there comic book sales are ok.
    They don't need the Gauntlet to use the individual gems. And while they don't use them that often, that's mainly because they're rarely forced to. If a big bad that they can't reasonably defeat comes along they will use the Infinity Gems against it if they can't win.

Besides, even without that, Marvel characters are much stronger than Golden Age DC. Thor can move planets with his bare hands. He even almost kills Galactus with a blast of energy called the God Blast. Galactus is an abstract cosmic entity, he is a force of the universe, one of the three faces of the Living Tribunal. And Thor wrecks his shit. The Hulk has destroyed planets before, in a single punch. He also destroyed a meteor twice the size of Earth, and he ate a black hole.

DC also still makes a shitload of money. Even Superman Returns made 130 million more dollars than it cost to make. Their comics also still sell pretty well. Another thing they have that Marvel really doesn't, is DC makes these animated movies that sell quite well. The Avengers made 1.4 billion dollars, with a budget of 220 million. Superman: Doomsday has made 10 million dollars with a budget of hardly anything. Superman vs The Elite came out last month, and it made a million dollars in its first 2 weeks. And they come out with 2-3 of these movies every year. So DC is doing just fine financially. Sure, they're probably not doing as well as Marvel, but that's more of because Marvel has done some very intelligent stuff lately with their movies.

And even so, the reason DC movies don't do as well as Marvel movies isn't because the characters are too powerful, it's because they don't follow the comics, they're garbage, complete shit. The Dark Knight trilogy was the first time they even made an attempt to follow the comics somewhat, and it did amazing.

I guarantee if they make the Justice League movie based on Final Crisis it would blow The Avengers out of the water. People that don't read comics have never seen the mystical/alien side of DC. All they know Superman and the Justice League from is the terrible movies and the terrible and cheesy animated series. Most people have no idea what DC is really like, and DC needs to correct that through their movies. They need to dispel this popular image they have of being cheesy, via a quality product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah movie wise besides batman all dc has put out really is Superman Returns which I didn't mind as much as others but it wasn't great and Green Lantern which was terrible. I mean Marvel has IronMan,Spider-Man,Thor,X-Men,and Avengers all of which was good. Also yeah Thor is pretty powerful one of the more powerful in all of comics but if you notice in the movie and in Avengers he was nerfed he wasn't nearly as powerful as he is in the comics and that's what made it worth watching. Hell they even stripped his powers for most of the movie (Thor) so it would be watchable. They did the same for Silver Surfer he had what 1/10th of the power in the movie then he does in the comics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well being a superhero, I believe they're supposed to be OP. It's the villains that need buffs, and some villains should actually win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well being a superhero, I believe they're supposed to be OP. It's the villains that need buffs, and some villains should actually win in the end.
    The villains don't need buffs lol. Some villains are so OP, the heroes only live via plot armor or other villains deciding that they like the universe still existing so they can keep fucking with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theyre super heroes, not WoW Classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyfaria View Post
    Theyre super heroes, not WoW Classes.
    the use of the word "nerf" has been around before wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel has just as many if not more characters just like superman.

The one reason I have always loved DC over marvel is the 1 off series they put out. Imo they are much better.