Thread: BOTS in GW2

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Might as well just drop playing all together and let a robot finish the raid for you at that point. That's just ridiculous.
    There are some stupidly boring bosses in WoW, but I wouldn't use a bot to make it easier z_z especially since it was the only thing that kept me playing before I quit.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Knowing how elaborate a bot can perform, yes it's possible. Specially when you can repeatedly reactivate the same defend the tower quest.

Node wise, I doubt it since there's no flying mount in GW2 and you can't power through low level mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Might as well just drop playing all together and let a robot finish the raid for you at that point. That's just ridiculous.
    I agree, its the first time I heard people using a script in raiding. It makes me wonder how skilled some of the top guilds really are if they can use scripts like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I agree, its the first time I heard people using a script in raiding. It makes me wonder how skilled some of the top guilds really are if they can use scripts like this.
    ... how do you think boss mods are made rofl?

boss mods essentially use the same times as bot scripts do, some bosses are "unbottable" though due to randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Im sorry, but after playing GW2 during betas I have to disagree, strongly. You can outscale (aka outgear) lower level zones.
    There is a huge difference when you get downscaled few levels and have all traits and bit stronger gear - you still are on steroids!
    So such bots can run without any problems and its not that problematic to keep on going (some classs/specc combo will be good enough for it to run smoothly). Just let the bot run vs easier NPCs (there are qutie a few which you can stand and attack kill without moving).
    Sure it will be less efficient than doing it on your own, but botter wont care since he isnt playing anyway and money makes itself.
    Key is low level areas, being 45 in a level 30 area was painful 90% of the time, I can imagine it being worse the higher level you are. Surely someone will farm copper all day long, but the big bucks will be in the higher level areas. Wont be easy to out gear a level 70/80 zone. I'm not saying it can't be done, but what is the point? Will the profit be worth the effort? Players can gather anything, while playing, even if they don't need it, or even want it - players will probably stockpile, because they can. In WoW you had 2 professions, when you made a new character, and start professions it was easier to just jump on the AH and buy a ton of mats, if you had picked the same 2 professions for every character, you probably wouldn't spend the gold, it would be easier to just farm/use your own mats.

If someone wants to buy gold, they could buy gems and convert them without worrying about getting banned, or hacked. Not only would they have to have several copies of the game, but actively watch the market, because the prices will more than likely fluxuate a lot.

@Pickynerd: I think I already made the point... GOLD MAKES ITSELF ON ITS OWN!!! :P
    Thats the whole point of bots, to make something automated, with greater or lesser impact, but still giving you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's kind of pointless.

The only reason for a bot I can think of would be gathering crafting materials to sell, and then using that money on the BLTC. Also, don't ignore the fact that the complexity of GW2 combat will make bots very weak. In WoW a bot might just attack, use a couple abilities, and mob dies. Can't really do that with GW2. Maybe with a single normal mob, but otherwise no.
    I disagreed because there was this one person who claim on the AN suggesting form that gw2 is so easy that he could just park his toon and pwnd 2 or more his level. If that is true then it would mean that bot should have no problem farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zem View Post
    I disagreed because there was this one person who claim on the AN suggesting form that gw2 is so easy that he could just park his toon and pwnd 2 or more his level. If that is true then it would mean that bot should have no problem farming.
    Really depends on the character/mob you're facing against at early levels, skits are annoying till you out level them and those falcon raptor birds are a huge problem at same level or below if you don't know how to dodge, but after level 30 and 40 you need to use all your utility skills and dodge/heal. Before level 20 is easy in ANets eyes 21-30 is kinda like a mediocre or normal, and after that it becomes steadily harder and harder as mobs get more complex abilities, better AIs, and work as a team with one or more creatures.

@Pickynerd: I think I already made the point... GOLD MAKES ITSELF ON ITS OWN!!! :P
    Thats the whole point of bots, to make something automated, with greater or lesser impact, but still giving you something.
    tbh, I half-assed read what you said, my old lady was talking her head off, and I was trying to nonchalantly reply...

I guess it all comes down to how Anet will be monitoring actions, and play time ect. I am sure they put some thought into that as well.

Deleted
    huh i found (@ late level 30s) i could still destroy stuff using just fire ele spells, pure glass cannon effect - killed things before they got near.

it wont be hard to bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    tbh, I half-assed read what you said, my old lady was talking her head off, and I was trying to nonchalantly reply...

I guess it all comes down to how Anet will be monitoring actions, and play time ect. I am sure they put some thought into that as well.
    a-net wont be any better at stopping/catching/banning bots than blizzard

mostly cuz of how bots hide, basically they mask as a skype/vent/ts/mumble/firefox/chrome process and blizzard (or a-net) can't ban anyone who's running those processes cuz ... well ... they're normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I read somewhere that there is no "follow" command - that would make botting in WvW pretty difficult wouldn't it?
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that there is no "follow" command - that would make botting in WvW pretty difficult wouldn't it?
    nope. the map will have co-ordinates the bot can use (player co-ordinates etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    huh i found (@ late level 30s) i could still destroy stuff using just fire ele spells, pure glass cannon effect - killed things before they got near.

it wont be hard to bot.
    What area were you in at late 30s?

I've already found my way onto a bot/hack forum for GW2. There was somebody already working on a bot program, but I can't remember what he was planning on having it do other than gathering. I do remember he was talking about having an option to run to the nodes, or just teleport right to each one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I've already found my way onto a bot/hack forum for GW2. There was somebody already working on a bot program, but I can't remember what he was planning on having it do other than gathering. I do remember he was talking about having an option to run to the nodes, or just teleport right to each one.
    if i posted the forum which currently has a lot of working exploits + bots would i be infracted? (serious question, i'm not sure of the rules concerning this )

also, gendaren fields or something? (i'm pretty sure i spelt it wrong)

i wasn't paying much attention, just power levelling lol

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Teleporting to a node will easily be identified and players will be banned, I'm not entirely concerned only because each players node is for them and no one else, just that people who do this will help ruin the economy. But even that's going to be hard because the economy is shared on every single server with other servers, like the grand exchange in Runescape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    if i posted the forum which currently has a lot of working exploits + bots would i be infracted? (serious question, i'm not sure of the rules concerning this )
    Send a link to a forum mod.

Im sorry, but after playing GW2 during betas I have to disagree, strongly. You can outscale (aka outgear) lower level zones.
    There is a huge difference when you get downscaled few levels and have all traits and bit stronger gear - you still are on steroids!
    So such bots can run without any problems and its not that problematic to keep on going (some classs/specc combo will be good enough for it to run smoothly). Just let the bot run vs easier NPCs (there are qutie a few which you can stand and attack kill without moving).
    Sure it will be less efficient than doing it on your own, but botter wont care since he isnt playing anyway and money makes itself.
    You know that dmg in starting area in BWE3 was nerfed probably 3-4x compared to BWE 1 & 2 - so right now in last BWE when downscaled few levels you could easly faceroll throught all mobs - i dont think it will be case later in game.

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    You know that dmg in starting area in BWE3 was nerfed probably 3-4x compared to BWE 1 & 2 - so right now in last BWE when downscaled few levels you could easly faceroll throught all mobs - i dont think it will be case later in game.
    It's not, it's easily much harder if you're level 30 in an area for a level 30, and it gets harder after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    You can easily, accidentally pull another mob by dodging, or not being situationally aware. 1 mob can kill you if you don't dodge a a special, or it may reflect damage. How could someone program a bot to pick up on choreographed attacks? A bot could easily die from standing in front of a fire breathing lizard, because it wont know when to dodge, even running circles around mobs wont work. Also the random roaming mini bosses could easily end a bots life.

In WoW you can over gear/level an area and have zero problems, Gw2 is full of problems, if you plan on botting.
    I don't agree with you on the accidentally pulling more or the dodging parts. The main difference between a (good) bot and a human player is that the bot always has perfect situational awareness. It doesn't need the camera facing in the right direction to know about surrounding mobs or incoming attacks like a human does.
    Not sure what you mean by choreographed attacks though.. Scripted? Because that's how all mobs in all MMOs work.

Sure there will be problems for the majority of the kind of people who are botting in, for example, wow; Who are just copying someone else's public work. But for those who really know what they are doing it won't be any harder than any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    I dont know, didnt play much in starter zones (was just too easy). Only thing I did was 25-30 NPCs and there was a huge difference in being downscaled but still higher level. For me they should make you way weaker (than atm) while downscaling, but thats just me.