Poll: What profession will you play on release?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Choice of profession after the beta weekends

I'm curious to see which professions people are going to choose on release after having multiple chances to play the game. I know some of us may have chosen a profession and stuck to it, but I've changed my mind at least 5 times.

I know that many people will play multiple characters (myself included) but I want to see what your main character will be.

I know there are other polls like this, but like I said, some people may have changed their minds since the last BWE.
    Last edited by Lurker87; 2012-07-25 at 04:23 PM.

I keep changing my mind, i was dead set on mesmer, then necromancer, then mesmer again, now i am in love with the elementalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I keep changing my mind, i was dead set on mesmer, then necromancer, then mesmer again, now i am in love with the elementalist.
    I've switched back and forth between Mesmer, Thief and Necro. I'm 90% sure I want to be a Mesmer now which I voted for.

Deleted
    Was going for a Necromancer, but after seeing all the awesome Heavy Armor gear and giant swords / guns I'm leaning more towards warrior.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One does not simply chose a single profession.

For now I'm making:
    Sylvari Mesmer and Human Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    One does not simply chose a single profession.

For now I'm making:
    Sylvari Mesmer and Human Ranger.
    I guess what I wanted to see was what people will be playing as their "main" character upon release.

Deleted
    Emily will always be a thief.

Alternate Universe versions will likely be warriors and mesmers. Need to read up more though.

Deleted
    Uncertain.
    Leaning between quite a lot.. Mesmer, Engineer, Elementalist... Thief maybe even. I'll vote Engineer for now.

Norn Ranger
    Charr Warrior

My choices still haven't changed. But you can be sure that I will have a character of each profession.

If I could I'd play warrior-engineer-elementalist-mesmer combined into one, but if I had to choose one I'd grab a warrior.

Non issue for me as I'll eventually be playing all 8 professions (yup i'll be purchasing 3 extra toon slots). However my initial main character will be my human warrior as that was my main toon in the original Guild Wars series and I kinda want to carry on that legacy. I've found from the 3 beta events that I do like all of the professions though some had to grow on me (engineer took a while to be appreciated) rather than me instantly liking the playstyle.

If i were to pick the professions I'm likely to play the most or concentrate more on it will be Warrior, Mesmer, Thief most likely.

Intentions are to have (in no particular order):

Human Warrior
    Asura Guardian
    Norn Necromancer
    Sylvari Mesmer
    Charr Ranger
    Human Elementalist
    Asura Engineer
    Norn Thief

10+ Year Old Account
    Started off as ele but did like the playstyle after the first beta so went to necro after the second. At the start of this past beta I was all mesmer, but by the end I was back to necro. So I say necro with a mesmer alt.

Deleted
    Ranger for me, undecided on race between Sylvari, Human and Norn though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Ranger for me, undecided on race between Sylvari, Human and Norn though.
    I would assume Charr based on your name

I still have no idea. I am going to start with an Elementalist and see what happens.

Deleted
    Pre-beta: WARRIOR!!
    after bwe 1: warrior or ranger
    after bwe 2: ranger it is
    after bwe 3: elementalist for the win.

So I'll be making a sylvari elementalist, I really enjoyed playing one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Told myself I'd try other classes in case Engineer never got fixed, tried Necromancer for a while and started missing my engi, then remade him.
    Since the BWE3 changes, assuming they don't get massively nerfed, I'm gonna have a hard time even touching the other classes.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Pre-beta: WARRIOR!!
    after bwe 1: warrior or ranger
    after bwe 2: ranger it is
    after bwe 3: elementalist for the win.

So I'll be making a sylvari elementalist, I really enjoyed playing one.
    Sylvari elementalists are just the sexier choice.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Engineer, same profession I pretty much decided on in BWE 2.

I really enjoyed my Guardian and Engy its between them probably going boring old human. Something about a little girl wielding a big sword is just too much fun blame Claymore for that love affair. And I've always had a thing for steam-punk Shields and Rifles.

Its a really tough choice. They both support extremely well and the Greatsword Guardian and Pistol/Shield engy are the most fun I've had in an MMO in years. For now I voted engy because I expect them to be underplayed and that's always a draw for me as well.