Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Amount of content in GW2?

How many hours have people played GW2 during the betas? What's the estimate of the number of hours of content up to the levels that people have played to (35?)? If we were to extrapolate to level 80, how many hours of content will GW2 have?

---

Let me reword my question:

As a completionist, how long does it take to "complete" a "typical" zone? 3 hours? 10 hours? Did anyone play the betas as a "completionist", and if so, what were their experiences regarding zone-length?
    Last edited by Borzo; 2012-07-25 at 04:43 PM.

Are you talking about unique PvE content, about repeatable PvE content or about PvE content you need in order to get to max level?

Deleted
    I believe Snow White or someone else got to level 35 in 36 hours of gameplay. Therefore, getting to 80 will take a few days. Then you're done.

I played about 80 hours in the beta across all my characters. My max was around 15.

About half of that was PvP though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I believe Snow White or someone else got to level 35 in 36 hours of gameplay. Therefore, getting to 80 will take a few days. Then you're done.
    And then the game is over because it has no endgame and will fail.

The intent of Anet is for it to take about 90mins per level from level 30-80 for the average player (no steep leveling curve, so each level will be about the same). If you're asking only about leveling content, that is. Obviously it is not all of the "hours of content" GW2 will have, but you seem to be talking strictly from a leveling perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... my level 12 mesmer logged about 11 hours, I had 4% map completion, and map completion doesn't include Dynamic Events which I also did a lot of.

There is a mind boggling amount of content we haven't seen... it's both comforting... and slightly worrisome because of testing and what not...
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't mean "time to level to 80"... I just mean total unique PVE content. Let's say I wanted to play through all the zones, do all the dungeons, and visit & play through all the dynamic events once. How long would something like that take? 200 hours? 400? Is there any way to estimate based on people's experiences in beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    25 zones
    1500 Dynamic Events
    25? Dungeons
    No one knows how many jump puzzles
    30? mini-games

Who knows how many hours?
    Valar morghulis

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't mean "time to level to 80"... I just mean total unique PVE content. Let's say I wanted to play through all the zones, do all the dungeons, and visit & play through all the dynamic events once. How long would something like that take? 200 hours? 400? Is there any way to estimate based on people's experiences in beta?
    I think this is impossible for any of us to answer: there are zones and content we haven't seen, or been allowed to explore, or even been unlocked, etc.

well the question is, whats the point of rushing to 80?;o
    You can pvp whenever you want, no matter what lvl you are, there is TONS of content to check out. No zone is ever obsolete because of downscaling, hence you will keep ahving fun no matter what zone you are in... there is basically no point whatsoever to rush to 80 ;o its not wow, game doesnt start on max lvl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough time to worth the 60$ you pay for it for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by fmanvegas View Post
    I think this is impossible for any of us to answer: there are zones and content we haven't seen, or been allowed to explore, or even been unlocked, etc.
    This is true, but going on the assumption that most zones are similar...

If people can play through 5 zones and see all the content in 50 hours, then it's safe to assume that 25 similar zones would have 250 hours (for example). Just curious what such an estimate would result in. I know it would be very inaccurate, but it would provide an interesting ballpark figure.

How many hours have people played GW2 during the betas? What's the estimate of the number of hours of content up to the levels that people have played to (35?)? If we were to extrapolate to level 80, how many hours of content will GW2 have?
    Well from the last beta I strictly played PVE;

And reached lvl 37;

So about 1 hour per level if you are not terrible at playing games. In previous betas I got to level 54ish or so. I can't recall. Mid 50s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    25 zones
    1500 Dynamic Events
    25? Dungeons
    No one knows how many jump puzzles
    30? mini-games

Who knows how many hours?
    ?? Armor Sets
    ?? Weapons
    ??? Miniatures
    sPvP
    WvWvW

But who am I kidding. You get 80 in 2 days and then there are no raids so its fail.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Wasn't me. I was trying SO hard not to play more than 4-5 hours each BWE cause I don't want to spoil the game before launch.

Unless someone else in game is named Snow White, then ignore me.

Deleted
    Nope, I was wrong, it was Fencers.

Knew it was someone awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So about 1 hour per level if you are not terrible at playing games. In previous betas I got to level 54ish or so. I can't recall. Mid 50s for sure.
    But I can only assume that you skipped lots of dynamic events, no? I mean, not all dynamic events were up when you were passing through the zone, right? Or you might have levelled up and decided to go to a new zone, leaving the old zone behind (and missing a bunch of the dynamic events).

I mean... I guess what I'm asking is that if you are a "completionist" and want to do everything once, how would it work? How long would that take?

Or do you think that you can reasonably say that 1 hour/level lets you do all the zone content once?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The curve still exists in the earlier levels, so 1-5 was faster than 25-30.. so it would probably average out to more than an hour per level I'd think.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 10:39 AM ----------

But I can only assume that you skipped lots of dynamic events, no? I mean, not all dynamic events were up when you were passing through the zone, right? Or you might have levelled up and decided to go to a new zone, leaving the old zone behind (and missing a bunch of the dynamic events).

I mean... I guess what I'm asking is that if you are a "completionist" and want to do everything once, how would it work? How long would that take?

Or do you think that you can reasonably say that 1 hour/level lets you do all the zone content once?
    If you want to be a completionist you don't want to relate it to leveling in any way. You will be level 80 while in level 50ish zones if you want to complete everything in every zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    ?? Armor Sets
    ?? Weapons
    ??? Miniatures
    sPvP
    WvWvW

But who am I kidding. You get 80 in 2 days and then there are no raids so its fail.
    ;-)

/10charr
    Valar morghulis

Should also mention that Guild Wars 2 has post level 80 XP gains and progression. So even if say you ding 80 in a level 60 zone, your xp is still going toward a measure of your character's overall wealth.

It's essentially AA just as Age of Conan, Everquest, Rift and Guild Wars 1.

A point often missed/rarely spoken of. Food for thought.