Pet Problems in Arena?

Hey guys I recently got my Lock back into doing some arenas for casual fun. I think our 2v2 team is around 1400 and 3v3 is close to that. Usually doing Holy Paladin/Lock and Spriest/Lock followed by Boomkin/Lock/Holy Paladin or Spriest/Lock/Paladin. In any case I got my resilence to 4500 and I've been doing good I set up the kills, fear like crazy and keep my dots rolling. The problem I'm having is I usually have my pet on passive and I send him to the healer. I have a focus spell lock macro ready and focus the healer. The issue is I'm noticing this idiot pet several times will just be standing around not doing nothing or even right after I send him to the target he just runs back to me? I'm not getting this. If I have him on passive and tell him to go attack shouldn't he just go attack that target until I rehit passive? Just frustrating to see I'm losing dmg there...any help would be appreciated. I mean if he gets feared or stun or something will he not go back to what I told him to do?

Deleted
    Everytime you fear the target your pet is attacking the pet automatically goes on passive again.

I see damn...so time to spam pet attack all the time. Thanks for the info...never really thought of that information for PvE until now. getting into PvP.
    Last edited by rap87; 2012-07-25 at 10:58 PM.

The pet AI is still horrible, you still have to spam the attack button to make your pet attack your target, it's soooo stupid and still not fixed in MOP.